NBA Season 2018/19

Started by LaHug, July 03, 2018, 10:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: LaHug on June 16, 2019, 07:58:39 PM
Thoughts on the AD trade? My initial reaction is that we overpaid. I'm hearing that these are the picks we've given up:
2019 pick (#4)
2021 pick - top 8 protected in 2021, defers to 2022 where it is unprotected
2023 pick swap
2024 pick unprotected
2025 pick swap

Those last 2-3 picks could get very ugly once LeBron is gone.

As much as I hate losing Lonzo and BI, I know they wanted a pay day in the next year(s) so it makes sense to trade them and keep Kuzma.

I think it all comes down to whether or not we get a star in FA now. My priorities would be Kawhi, Kemba, Kyrie, Butler in that order. Reports suggesting we're targeting Kemba so I'm guessing that means Kawhi isn't showing interest...

You have LeBron for only a few years, and KD and Klay have just gone down so I can understand the decision to make the trade - long term you're probably stuffed, but are you going to care if it means you get a chip in the next year of two?

Now is definitely the time to pounce so I get the reasons behind doing it, but when a power move like this is made you really need to go all the way now and win it all - anything less and it's a failure

NOP have done very well here. Jrue and Lonzo in the back court and Zion is quite exciting and an opportunity to really build something long term

Edit: Just saw that Kemba is Lakers main priority now

LeBron, AD and Kemba

Sheesh!

jvalles69

Seen that Kemba is keen to stay and win in Charlotte, think Kyrie or Jimmy are the best bets to end up at the Lakers.

NOLA should trade up for pick 3 and pair up Zion and Barrett again, surely that would help their chances of retaining Barrett. Pick 4 and Ingram to NYC for pick 3? Surely NYC jump at that.

Mat0369

Lakers don't have cap for a max player with the trade going through before the 30th.

jvalles69

Illawarra Hawks just signed Lamelo Ball and Aaron Brooks. Big signings and great for the NBL. Pity the 1 and done will get scrapped soon, NBL is starting to get some big traction with the NBA.

Holz

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 17, 2019, 03:04:59 PM
Lakers don't have cap for a max player with the trade going through before the 30th.

depends if the trade does go through before the 30th i thinkboth teams will hold off untill the 30th unless NO move the 4th pick in that case the team taking the pick will want the deal done.

id be more then happy getting 2 guys like Bogdonovic, Green, Collison, Pat Bev, Morris

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Holz on June 18, 2019, 11:11:17 AM

depends if the trade does go through before the 30th i thinkboth teams will hold off untill the 30th unless NO move the 4th pick in that case the team taking the pick will want the deal done.

id be more then happy getting 2 guys like Bogdonovic, Green, Collison, Pat Bev, Morris

It'll be done prior

Leaves Lakers with about 22.7M instead of 32.x M so you'd think there just going to have to find some pieces to put around the big 2 now and won't be able to get a Kemba, Butler type

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 18, 2019, 11:26:16 AM

It'll be done prior

Leaves Lakers with about 22.7M instead of 32.x M so you'd think there just going to have to find some pieces to put around the big 2 now and won't be able to get a Kemba, Butler type

why do you think it will be done prior unless they move the 4th pick?

NO benefits with more cap too i think, the only downside is they cant play the #4 in the G/D league untill the 30th.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Holz on June 18, 2019, 11:34:39 AM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 18, 2019, 11:26:16 AM

It'll be done prior

why do you think it will be done prior unless they move the 4th pick?

NO benefits with more cap too i think, the only downside is they cant play the #4 in the G/D league untill the 30th.

Well that's the thing, I reckon they might move the 4th. By doing that, I think it gives them more cap $ to use too?

It probably helps Lakers actually get better depth too. Obviously if they land a Kemba type then having 3 stars is going to make them near unbeatable, but if they do the trade later and have less cap then they can grab 2 decent guys like Reddick, Green etc (saw that suggested on ESPN) which is probably better depth wise

Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Look forward to watching the draft on Friday at 9am

Holz

in fairness to kuzma he is a really above average 4th option.

not a great 3 point shooter so that an issue.

yeah im not a huge fan of getting Kemba.

Kawhii obviously youd go for it.
Butler given he is 3 and D and is a closer id be happy with
Kyrie im 50/50 on

then everyone else id prefer 2 role players.

Mat0369

LaHug

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 18, 2019, 09:12:37 PM
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1140296688650903553?s=20

They aren't waiting

Woj historically has no sources on the Lakers OR LeBron teams so I'm not trusting him on these things. Ramona is the one I'll listen to.

Holz

Quote from: LaHug on June 18, 2019, 10:03:15 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on June 18, 2019, 09:12:37 PM
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1140296688650903553?s=20

They aren't waiting

Woj historically has no sources on the Lakers OR LeBron teams so I'm not trusting him on these things. Ramona is the one I'll listen to.

I agree, however now that i think about it, it makes much more sense for Pelicans to pull of the trade early. they wont be maxing the cap and they want flexibility on the pick especially with reports that Garland is a chance at pick 3 so RJ Barett could be on the board.

jvalles69

Barnes and Horford look to be on the way out of Dallas and Celts respectively.

RaisyDaisy

Looks like Lakers are now scrambling to try and free up the 32M they would want to land another star

AD would need to pass up his 4M trade bonus for this to happen, and they'd need to trade out another couple of players

Basically gutting the list, but would have 3 stars

Does AD pass up 4M? Time will tell

jvalles69

Conley to Utah, from 1 boring team to another, but definite upgrade for Utah.