NBA Season 2018/19

Started by LaHug, July 03, 2018, 10:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Quote from: LaHug on July 10, 2019, 04:57:38 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on July 10, 2019, 04:13:02 PM
LAHug, you're a Lakers fan right, of course you're going to think it's dirty, they held you to ransom till Kawhi made his deicision, fair play, they're going to be competing in the West!  Is it dirty that Lakers were tampering with PG13 originally and AD later on, yep.  I get what you're saying, but maybe OKC had decided they were going to break it up with all the other moves going on.  PG left yeah, but OKC prob got one of the greatest trade hauls in history, I'm sure they're not bothered and now they rebuild.

I guess I'm annoyed that everyone says Lakers are dirty with how they did the Pelicans but nobody's saying the same for the Clippers. And yeah, I'm particularly annoyed about Kawhi holding us to ransom. Quickly gone from a player I loved on the Raptors to a player I hope fails. I guess that's the emotion of sport.

Would you really be happy if Kawhi joined the Lakers to make an unbeatable super team?  Wouldn't that feel a bit shallow?  If you guys win the title this year it would feel a hell of a lot better being on even grounds.

Holz

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 10, 2019, 05:14:02 PM
LAHug, you're a Lakers fan right, of course you're going to think it's dirty, they held you to ransom till Kawhi made his deicision, fair play, they're going to be competing in the West!  Is it dirty that Lakers were tampering with PG13 originally and AD later on, yep.  I get what you're saying, but maybe OKC had decided they were going to break it up with all the other moves going on.  PG left yeah, but OKC prob got one of the greatest trade hauls in history, I'm sure they're not bothered and now they rebuild.

I guess I'm annoyed that everyone says Lakers are dirty with how they did the Pelicans but nobody's saying the same for the Clippers. And yeah, I'm particularly annoyed about Kawhi holding us to ransom. Quickly gone from a player I loved on the Raptors to a player I hope fails. I guess that's the emotion of sport.

Would you really be happy if Kawhi joined the Lakers to make an unbeatable super team?  Wouldn't that feel a bit shallow?  If you guys win the title this year it would feel a hell of a lot better being on even grounds.

True

But id rather he was never an option. Then we could have got even better role players. Wish we had reddick lopez etc..

Lets be honest the pg13 okc thing was far worse. He just signed a deal and had a party last year and is in a good organisation. AD has wasted away in NO and should have left years ago.

Its all down to lebron and la hate

jvalles69

Quote from: Holz on July 11, 2019, 10:03:21 AM

True

But id rather he was never an option. Then we could have got even better role players. Wish we had reddick lopez etc..

Lets be honest the pg13 okc thing was far worse. He just signed a deal and had a party last year and is in a good organisation. AD has wasted away in NO and should have left years ago.

Would you have gotten good role players though?  Lebron has been known to bring in his friends, not that I think that is a bad thing, I think you need guys who Lebron is comfortable with, but how much better would it be if he had players that fit next to him, doubt that ever happens even if Kawhi was off the table.

Holz

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 11, 2019, 11:16:58 AM
Quote from: Holz on July 11, 2019, 10:03:21 AM

True

Would you have gotten good role players though?  Lebron has been known to bring in his friends, not that I think that is a bad thing, I think you need guys who Lebron is comfortable with, but how much better would it be if he had players that fit next to him, doubt that ever happens even if Kawhi was off the table.

Lebron needs experienced shooters and defenders.

In fairness Lebron teams rarely have cap space or assets to trade so they cant pick up the best guys on the market. I dont buy into this Lebron brings in his friends. Whats probably more accurate is Lebron teams rarely have any assets and then they pick up guys who want to play with Lebron on the cheap.

LaHug

A ring is a ring. I'd be happy if my team won as an unbeatable super team :P

Holz

Quote from: LaHug on July 11, 2019, 03:44:38 PM

A ring is a ring. I'd be happy if my team won as an unbeatable super team :P

A ring is a ring. Id rather a ring without Kawhii but id take a ring with kawhii over no ring.

speaking as a Lebron fan not a Lakers fan.

jvalles69

Westbrook traded for CP3.  :o :o :o

jvalles69

Now that I've picked myself off the floor...as crazy as it looks on paper, Rockets probably needed to do something to go one more step forward and Westbrook is an upgrade on CP3 without changing anything else.  Wonder if Russ can defer to Harden when the games on the line?

2 of the highest usage players of all time next to each other, wow.

So many ways this can go.  Westbrook prob could have gone to the East and been a God, but this prob does bring him closer than any east team to winning the championship?  Harden and Westbrook are prob more durable than AD, Boogie, Kawhi and PG13 so the West may just come down to who stays healthy!  :o

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 12, 2019, 12:39:25 PM
Now that I've picked myself off the floor...as crazy as it looks on paper, Rockets probably needed to do something to go one more step forward and Westbrook is an upgrade on CP3 without changing anything else.  Wonder if Russ can defer to Harden when the games on the line?

So many ways this can go.  Westbrook prob could have gone to the East and been a God, but this prob does bring him closer than any east team to winning the championship?  Harden and Westbrook are prob more durable than AD, Boogie, Kawhi and PG13 so the West may just come down to who stays healthy!  :o

I don't mind the move seeing as he and Harden have played together already, but yeah I expected Rus to end up in the East so it's certainly a surprise

Rumour says OKC plans on keeping CP3 which I can't understand, especially with his contract. Surely not

flower I can't wait for this season to start!

jvalles69

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 12, 2019, 04:24:27 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on July 12, 2019, 12:39:25 PM

I don't mind the move seeing as he and Harden have played together already, but yeah I expected Rus to end up in the East so it's certainly a surprise

Rumour says OKC plans on keeping CP3 which I can't understand, especially with his contract. Surely not

flower I can't wait for this season to start!

I'd say they might keep him for a year, he knows the city, he's played there before and the people like, did lots of community work too.  I'd expect him though to get traded to a contender during the year...can Lakers trade for him at some point?  That's a good fit.

RaisyDaisy

Surprise surprise, Simmons "in doubt" to play for Australia now

Mat0369

He won't play. He isn't going to risk injury with the extension the 6'ers just offered him and he needs to work on his jump shot which he can't do if he is committing to a meaningless competition that they won't win anyway.

With how wide open the NBA is next year I don't expect any of the legit NBA stars to go and I'd expect it to be a lot of second tier guys. Looking at the squad I'd say these guys are your probably your roster.

Harrison Barnes   
Bradley Beal   
Andre Drummond   
Eric Gordon   
Kyle Kuzma   
Kevin Love   
Kyle Lowry   
CJ McCollum   
Khris Middleton
Paul Millsap   
Donovan Mitchell
Jayson Tatum   
P. J. Tucker
Myles Turner
Kemba Walker

Only reason I can see Kemba and Tatum playing is so they can build some chemistry. Guys like Barnes and Middleton just received their payday. I can also see maybe Harris playing for that reason. Milsap might play since he has some rust due to injury last season. And they will still win the competition with that team. Kuzma and Mitchell will only go as they're younger guys.

R.Griffen

TBT starting in the morning. All games on Watch ESPN. Thinking Boeheim’s Army is the team to beat? Overseas Elite slightly under strength compared to previous years