NBA Season 2018/19

Started by LaHug, July 03, 2018, 10:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

I love KD too, but he needs to check his scathing attitude towards media, yeah you don't have to like what they do, but don't respond either.  If you haven't listened to all his interviews with Bill Simmons then it's well worth it, you get a much better idea of the type of person he is (sounds like a great guy), however some things he says can be quite arrogant and again quite scathing.  I kind of have a love/hate thing with him, some times he just comes off as a complete jerk, other times you just want to pump your fist for him.  Quite a polarising character and sad to see him miss a season if that's the case.

R.Griffen

That was the worst final play in the history of basketball. Wtf was that inbound pass

R.Griffen

Game ruined with 1000 whistles. Also the Draymond timeout call isn’t anything like the Webber one

jvalles69

Down 1 pt on your home court and you take a 3 being double teamed...pump fake, layup, easy 2 or get fouled and go to the line.  Been some bonehead plays this series.

Congrats to Raps, I called it in 7 with Kawhi MVP, happy for them and the people of Toronto!

TomK

WE THE flowerING NORTH BABY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

R.Griffen

Confirmed ACL for Thompson. Man that’s sad at. Were close to witness something special and basketball gods took that away from us

jvalles69

Quote from: R.Griffen on June 14, 2019, 05:08:02 PM
Confirmed ACL for Thompson. Man that’s sad at. Were close to witness something special and basketball gods took that away from us

Wow, really?  That's terrible news!

R.Griffen

Quote from: jvalles69 on June 14, 2019, 05:11:36 PM
Quote from: R.Griffen on June 14, 2019, 05:08:02 PM

Wow, really?  That's terrible news!
Woj bomb

Mat0369

Quote from: jvalles69 on June 14, 2019, 03:17:11 PM
Down 1 pt on your home court and you take a 3 being double teamed...pump fake, layup, easy 2 or get fouled and go to the line.  Been some bonehead plays this series.

Congrats to Raps, I called it in 7 with Kawhi MVP, happy for them and the people of Toronto!

Check the replay, Steph had a pretty good look. I'd back him to make that shot most of the time, just didn't fall.

jvalles69

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 14, 2019, 10:45:09 PM

Check the replay, Steph had a pretty good look. I'd back him to make that shot most of the time, just didn't fall.

No doubt he had an open look, still a bonehead play no matter what level you're at. #1 priority is to avoid elimination, they didn't do that.

R.Griffen

Quote from: jvalles69 on June 15, 2019, 01:37:55 AM
Quote from: Mat0369 on June 14, 2019, 10:45:09 PM

No doubt he had an open look, still a bonehead play no matter what level you're at. #1 priority is to avoid elimination, they didn't do that.
If you’ve seen where that play come from 2014 MM from memory. It’s a 2 second play not a 9 second play

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: TomK on June 14, 2019, 03:34:30 PM

Feel like you actually need to be living in Canada to use that line :P Just doesn't sound good coming out of SA :P

Great result for the Raps, they were certainly the best "team". Kawhi lead the way but 6-7 other blokes consistently pulled their weight, where as GSW had to rely on a select few so the best team certainly won

Absolutely gutted for Klay, and it's going to be really disappointing that we are not going to see both him and KD for most of if not all of next season but if this hasn't fired a rocket up the Lakers then nothing will - get the deal for AD done any damn way you can because while KD and Klay are out the West is up for grabs and Lebron/AD would dominate it

Goes without saying that GSW will fall back next season - might even struggle to make playoffs, but if they retain both KD and Klay (which latest news suggests they will) then they'll be back up near the top in 2020-21 obviously so there's certainly an opportunity for several clubs to pounce next year while they're out

Hope Kawhi stays at Toronto now too

TomK

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 15, 2019, 05:38:18 AM
Feel like you actually need to be living in Canada to use that line :P Just doesn't sound good coming out of SA :P
cheers smart ass, couldn't care less

you support West Coast, yet you live on the East Coast

guess I can't say 'we fly as one' either cause I can't fly

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: TomK on June 15, 2019, 06:54:15 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 15, 2019, 05:38:18 AM
cheers smart ass, couldn't care less

you support West Coast, yet you live on the East Coast

guess I can't say 'we fly as one' either cause I can't fly

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

lmao take a chill pill lol you clearly took that the wrong way

:P = joking

Sheesh

LaHug

Thoughts on the AD trade? My initial reaction is that we overpaid. I'm hearing that these are the picks we've given up:
2019 pick (#4)
2021 pick - top 8 protected in 2021, defers to 2022 where it is unprotected
2023 pick swap
2024 pick unprotected
2025 pick swap

Those last 2-3 picks could get very ugly once LeBron is gone.

As much as I hate losing Lonzo and BI, I know they wanted a pay day in the next year(s) so it makes sense to trade them and keep Kuzma.

I think it all comes down to whether or not we get a star in FA now. My priorities would be Kawhi, Kemba, Kyrie, Butler in that order. Reports suggesting we're targeting Kemba so I'm guessing that means Kawhi isn't showing interest...