Main Menu

Richmond 2016 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 14, 2016, 10:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

I thought McIntosh has played fairly well this year, the best and most consistent outside of your top 5

Toga

Quote from: elephants on May 03, 2016, 11:33:31 AM
On Maric, Hampson got more hitouts than him on the weekend. Clearly playing both isn't gonna work.

Is Maric no longer the #1 ruck??

Hard to tell from just the couple of games so far ele, but he certainly hasn't been all to competitive so far this season which is a bit worrying. Not sure if that comes down to lack of fitness and form, or whether it means that Hampson is starting to take over as the #1 ruck.

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on May 03, 2016, 11:44:42 AM
I thought McIntosh has played fairly well this year, the best and most consistent outside of your top 5

McIntosh has been alright this year, has outperformed a lot of others that's for sure. And I think he's probably playing out of position at the moment as well, seems to be more of a winger than a back flank.

quinny88

Maric and Hampson wouldn't ideally play in the same team. Marics body is shot though and returning underdone from injury.
I'd personally just play hammer

shaker

Quote from: quinny88 on May 03, 2016, 11:42:09 AM
Quote from: shaker on May 03, 2016, 10:16:27 AM
We have not sacked a coach for a long time 7 years , the problem is everyone keeps posting our best team well out of that lot Q Grimes and Conca only have to think about running to do a hammy Vlastuin and Mcintosh have shown very little since there first year Astbury Vickery Griffiths Lennon have shown little there whole careers Miles is not the gun mid everyone thought Maric is cooked and then we have all the dead wood that we have gathered from other clubs , our list is shower there is no way we will even get close to flag without a very big rebuild , sack the recruiters , sack the development coaches I don't care keep Dimma but 7 years with no success is a long time all I know there has to be big changes in the club and even then it will take years to fix this mess up

Astbury has only played 30 games in 6 years due to injury. Grimes and Conca terribly unlucky as well.
Lennon 18 games, McIntosh 27 games are way to early to make a call on.
Miles and Vlastuin have been guns for us the past 2-3 years and have had a couple of bad games to start the year and you're writing them off?
Vickery and Griffiths the 2 big let downs, you would think one of them would have demanded the CHF position by now.
McBean, Mckenzie and Chol are pretty exciting kids for those positions in the future though.

You're making calls based on our terrible form rather than looking at the bigger picture.
Don't need to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Well Q the rest of the football world are saying our list is shower Leigh Matthews a guy with more coaching and football skills in his scrotum than most says it just will not happen without a major cleanout I'm not saying get rid of players like Vlastuin Miles and Mcintosh but they are a long way from guns Fyfe is gun they are not .

We can not possibly get rid of all the dead wood we have gathered over the last few years this year it will take 2 or 3 to get that job done but the only way we are going to get the young talent to the club is go to the bottom of the ladder for some time , we can't attract guns to the club like Treloar and he has come out and said why our list , so unless we wan't to be known as a team that is almost good enough for another decade , a lot of the players you list in our best team are just no good and have been plodders for a long time have to go , how do we get the best young talent to the club if we continue to finish middle of the ladder ?

quinny88

People in the media are paid to make big calls. Same people that will be saying we're back on track if we happen to beat hawthorn this week. If we had of beat Collingwood like we should have in the last second and beat port on the weekend we would be sitting 3-3 and no one would bat an eye lid even though the list and form would be the same. People make calls off wins and loses.

Who would you realistically have out the door of our fit best 22 if it were up to you?
And not just based on some poor recent form but players you don't think are up to the level or have potential to get better.

For me one of Vickery or Griff have to go and we need a good CHF
A good ruckman is on the cards for Maric to retire
Another gun mid wouldn't hurt either.
Dont think we need to bottom out and rebuild to gain that

shaker

Quote from: quinny88 on May 03, 2016, 05:15:08 PM
People in the media are paid to make big calls. Same people that will be saying we're back on track if we happen to beat hawthorn this week. If we had of beat Collingwood like we should have in the last second and beat port on the weekend we would be sitting 3-3 and no one would bat an eye lid even though the list and form would be the same. People make calls off wins and loses.

Who would you realistically have out the door of our fit best 22 if it were up to you?
And not just based on some poor recent form but players you don't think are up to the level or have potential to get better.

Don't worry there are plenty to get rid of without touching your best 22 this year maybe Griffiths , to start with this year there is Chaplin Morris Hunt Moore Batch and Townsend unless someone can teach him how to dispose of the footy and probably more but we need early draft picks very early how do we get them ? I'll tell you we play kids and lose lots more games . I am not concerned about being at the bottom we are there now any way but we need to get pick 1 or 2 and one more in the top ten and 4 more under pick 30 plus before we need either new recruiters or development staff or both that know what they are doing , really how can a guy like Lennon not be getting a game with the rubbish we have been fielding ?

Big Mac

I think the real question here is, how is the Bean going?

GoLions

frenzy

Lol'd at the condition Yarran turned up at the club. The Tigers  had all this salary cap cash to land a big fish and landed Yaz, lol.

Nige

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-02/richmond-paying-the-price-for-recruiting-strategy-says-football-manager

This bit from Dan Richardson kinda annoyed me a little.

On one hand, he kinda stated the obvious, but it also had a sense of 'settling for mediocrity'.

Particularly this bit...

Quote"While it's been disappointing somewhat to not win a final, it's been a good achievement to play finals for three years in a row for the first time for 20 years for the club."

I mean "somewhat"... really Dan? This is like that "honourable losses" bullshower that happened a couple of seasons ago.

The fact is, we probably do have to overhaul Dimma's support staff and maybe even the recruitment team. As Toga said, we need to aim to nail both the first rounders (which we've have done pretty well for the past decade) but get gems with later picks, or at least develop them into gems.

We absolutely don't need to bottom out and completely rebuild, but we just gotta sort our shower out.

Toga

Quote from: shaker on May 03, 2016, 06:06:07 PM
Really how can a guy like Lennon not be getting a game with the rubbish we have been fielding ?

This is what I don't understand either... Has not been given a chance at all to prove himself.

quinny88

Don't worry there are plenty to get rid of without touching your best 22 this year maybe Griffiths , to start with this year there is Chaplin Morris Hunt Moore Batch and Townsend unless someone can teach him how to dispose of the footy and probably more but we need early draft picks very early how do we get them ? I'll tell you we play kids and lose lots more games . I am not concerned about being at the bottom we are there now any way but we need to get pick 1 or 2 and one more in the top ten and 4 more under pick 30 plus before we need either new recruiters or development staff or both that know what they are doing , really how can a guy like Lennon not be getting a game with the rubbish we have been fielding ?

That's exactly my point. The starters are injured or out of form but the base is there. Just need those guys pushing from underneath which we don't have. I really do hope we finish bottom 4 this year so we can have a small clean out and get some good draft picks. I think it can be a quick turn around. Probably time Francis Jackson moved on, he's been around forever.

quinny88

Quote from: frenzy on May 03, 2016, 06:52:16 PM
Lol'd at the condition Yarran turned up at the club. The Tigers  had all this salary cap cash to land a big fish and landed Yaz, lol.

It's not like we didn't try for others. Yarrans not being paid big money and his condition was more a reflection of Carlton than anything.
Seeings as they were trying to play hard ball and saying they wouldn't trade for anything less than our first pick, we did pretty well to hold firm and get him for pick 19. He will be a good player off half back.

kilbluff1985

if Hardwick doesn't try to tag S Mitchell he should be sacked

shaker

Quote from: quinny88 on May 03, 2016, 10:45:03 PM

That's exactly my point. The starters are injured or out of form but the base is there. Just need those guys pushing from underneath which we don't have. I really do hope we finish bottom 4 this year so we can have a small clean out and get some good draft picks. I think it can be a quick turn around. Probably time Francis Jackson moved on, he's been around forever.

Don't get me wrong Q there are still many in your best 22 that I think need to go but because we have so many worse than them they have to survive for now
Griffiths and Vickery - they have not improved first mentioned can't even get a game
Grimes and Conca  -  both always injured Grimes a very ordinary player Conca if get injured again this season I think it is time to see what we can get for him
Astbury - also injury prone and is certainly no star lets see what he does for the rest of the year
Lloyd - started off good this year but has done this every time he cracks the team then disappears for the rest of the year
Maric - been a good servant but his days are up
Lennon - what is going on with him he can't even get a game , he needs to play every game from now on so the club can see what he has got we are in a perfect position to do this now
Vlastuin - it is time to do something with him put him in the mids ? because I don't see why everyone is raving about him AVG. about 15 possies a game so far in his career nothing to flash about that
Mcintosh - not to much to say about him he has been good this year but we him to continue to improve 
Yarran - cant say yet till he plays but his record so far in his career is nothing to get excited about inconsistent with a poor attitude , watch this space
This season is shot really there is no point winning to many games or even trying to make the 8 the only way we can access the best young talent is to go to the bottom we might be able to fix it in one year but I doubt it more like 2 years down there to get enough quality young guys into the team , any way you look at it we are years away from being a contender