NBA Season 2018/19

Started by LaHug, July 03, 2018, 10:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Apparently they did offer Butler the max after all and he wanted to go to Miami anyway.

jvalles69

Quote from: LaHug on July 02, 2019, 12:55:03 PM
Apparently they did offer Butler the max after all and he wanted to go to Miami anyway.

Also heard that Wade said he may come out of retirement if Miami signed Butler.

jvalles69

Anyone put any money on Lakers for the title?  I got on yesterday at $4, odds are coming in now so it's looking more and more likely that Kawhi will be a Laker, I look forward to cashing out.

jvalles69

Boogie in talks with Miami and Boston.

Mat0369

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 02, 2019, 11:04:05 AM
How do you know he wasn't causing immense headaches last season and that they just held it together?  I'm with Brand jumping off that rollercoaster, idea is to win now, look at a team like OKC who had a longer term plan and then Harden, Ibaka and KD all leave or get traded, you never know when your core is going to break.

As for New York and 2021, please, when's the last time their plans worked post the Ewing era?  All of a sudden they are going to sign a massive FA in 2021?  Maybe, but noone wants to go there, maybe Giannis.

Because the only negative talk around Butler was that he had the argument with Brett Brown with how he was being used. Brown played it off as a pretty normal player coach interaction saying it was overblown and the consensus is that Butler was right with his issues.

There was also the reports that if Brown stayed as the coach Butler wanted out, but after the playoffs everyone was on board because of how it played out with Jimmy being the reserve point instead of TJ. It's not a Wolves situation where he was pissed off with KAT and Wiggins for being lazy and not wanting to win or Thibs running him into the ground. He looked to have a great relationship with both Simmons and Embiid.

There are two issues here, one you knew what you were getting when you traded for Butler, why move the assets in that trade for him if you had no intention of signing him knowing the potential headache he could cause. Two if you're worried about how he plays at 34 and 35, why the hell would you offer Al Horford so much money at 33?

Quote from: Keeper27 on July 02, 2019, 11:11:26 AM
this is my exact problem with this deal.
They had the players lined up for a decent run for the next few years but now it seems that the team wont be as good in the coming years

This, plenty of rumors going around that he was a problem at Wolves, and who's to say that there wont be anything coming out that he was a problem at the 6ers.

Embiid's prime is probably the next 3 seasons. That's your window to win, so you want to surround him with as much talent as possible to make a push. You're looking for guys in their prime like Harris.

Wolves and Sixers were different situations, as someone that has been critical of Butler he showed nothing but class and leadership through the playoffs. He set the perfect example for the young guys to go out there with the way he played on the court.

Quote from: LaHug on July 02, 2019, 12:55:03 PM

The only report of that happening was via Philly Voice and it's likely the Sixers using him as a mouthpiece to change the narrative. All other sources said if Philly offered the 5 year max that Butler would stay. Woj and Windhorst said they didn't even offer him 4 years and the worry was the mileage on his legs at ages 34 and 35 and not being able to move that contract.

There is a guy on RealGM boards that has ties within the Sixers organisation. Most appear to think he is tied to Embiid because he was able to break news on Embiid before anyone else. He called this all prior to FA and said that the 5th year was a sticking point. Woj and Windhorst came out a few days later with this exact statement.

Mat0369

Also if someone is looking for a Twitter account to follow, check the date

RaisyDaisy

Lakers can actually field 5 players now lol

Dudley signed for 1 year

jvalles69

The suspense is killing me...

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 03, 2019, 01:20:30 PM
The suspense is killing me...

Sounding like it could be be another 24-48 hours, but it's really anyone's guess at this stage - nobody knows

Geez I hope he either stays in Toronto or goes to the Clippers

LaHug

It's gotten to the point now where I'm either going to be extremely happy or really disappointed. If he'd announced it in the first day and it wasn't the Lakers, I'd have been fine. But this dragging on as much as it has means I'm now way too emotionally invested. Only the Lakers and Tigers can ever get me like this (although I'll recover more quickly than if something bad happened to the Tigers).

RaisyDaisy

Summer League today at 11:30am is Knicks (RJ) vs NOP (Zion)

Will have a look at that

Mat0369

Holy crap. This is huge. Especially the PG part

TomK

Thank flower it wasn’t the Lakers, don’t think I would’ve bothered watching much if he did, plus most Lakers’ fans have been cancer lately.

Thank you Kawhi for the championship, go kill it in Cali! :-*

Mat0369

From Woj

The Clippers are sending the Thunder four unprotected first-round picks, one protected first-round pick and two pick swaps, league sources tell ESPN. Those picks go to OKC with Gallinari and SGA.

From Charania

Rival NBA teams have been aware of the discontent of OKC's two stars: Paul George -- and Russell Westbrook, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Leonard pushed the Clippers in recent days to deliver him a second star, and they did.

The George news is bigger for me than the Leonard signing

RaisyDaisy

Wow, the PG13 news was certainly unexpected

PG13 is one of my favourites, so to see him and Kawhi end up together, with the likes of Beverley and Lou Williams - I'm not going to be a bandwagoner, but geez it's going to be hard to not support them!

Quote from: TomK on July 06, 2019, 05:28:21 PM
Thank flower it wasn’t the Lakers, don’t think I would’ve bothered watching much if he did, plus most Lakers’ fans have been cancer lately.

Thank you Kawhi for the championship, go kill it in Cali! :-*

+1 to all of that, well said