Colliwobblers 2024

Started by Colliwobblers, March 07, 2024, 06:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arbel

I'd wait til teams with Brown, have a feeling that when Grimes comes back and that could be this week. Think he will be the first one to go over the rest of the backline.

Who is the Ryan you're planning to get as second trade?

Dempsey is worth it but it'll need to be this week before he gets priced out.

Mat0369

I think Ryan might be a typo from last week. I assume you're looking at either Darcy or Dempsey? I'd probably bank the extra 100k and grab Darcy. Although it may be worth looking at both and miss on Brown

Colliwobblers

Yeah darcy sorry, tho his time is limited also?

Obviously now has to be sexton to darcy now.

Maybe your point on Brown is why draper is the far more popular option down back.

whether to sideways a fwd to dempsey or skip that and whether to skip the def trade as Ringo suggests. Tempting if the cash gen isn't there it's kind of pointless.

Mat0369

Darcy has the Lobb spot and Lobb is convinced he will play VFL at this point for the rest of the year. Reckon he is a decent pick

Colliwobblers

Thanks yeah Bevo says the opposite but who would ever listen to Bevo.

Done: Coffield to Brown (he played with both grimes and short round 2) but since I got him, he'll still get dropped lol.

And Sexy to Darcy.

Tomorrow in the spirit of your "leg up" I'm going to see if Fyfe to Max King still feels like a risk worth taking. Probably lock that in also, I'm a fair way back so what the heck right.

Mat0369

Worst case King should make some decent coin, best case he keeps up the form and is a keeper. I think McKay was the guy to grab last week and I'd rather take the punt on another line, maybe Bramble. Keane is another but he unfortunately played tonight. He looked fantastic for 3 quarters.

Colliwobblers

I was going to get bramble last week but I was a couple of grand short, and if I'm honest a decent shot of courage short. Keane was in everything and May certainly gave him a wrap post game.

Don't expect king to be a keeper that would be a huge bonus but Fyfe and maybe Jordon also and going to tread water and dish up 60-70 so that won't do at all.

I'm backing Jordon to semi breakout and Fyfe is what he is so he can go. Watching him makes me feel confused, no disrespect he's a great of the game but it feels like it's gone past him and we're seeing his ceiling.

Mat0369

I was really surprised with Keane, seems like he uses the ball well, has decent leg speed and was intercepting. At his price he could be a great stepping stone.

Bramble I think has DPP, I'm tossing up Windhager or Jordon to him. With Jordon on bye next week he may be the one and I field two of Cadman, Campbell, Darcy and Wilson this week. The down side is that until a forward pops up that I can justify bringing in I'm going to have to continue fielding crap rookies on that line. No one seems to be standing out that's sub 500k. Maybe Zorko but he has a habit of putting in clunkers or getting injured the last few years.

Colliwobblers

are you taking a 129 from max or backing green in, I said to myself 130 minimum so I reckon I'll send green in, but Rowell is an absolute beast... wish I had him also.

bramble is dpp. he's been superb every week I just though delisted hawks, Bevo , can't risk it, but I should have 3 in a row is enough to get on surely. I can't do it due to considering him last week and now feeling like I'm overpaying. But more because I'm doing King instead.

most traded Jordon over Fyfe due to the bye which makes sense but I think surely at some point Jordon hits his straps, or maybe Mills comes back and he goes out, IDK.

Zorko uses the ball well generally and has the half back role he should be a lock but he's another call that's hard to make.

upside of all your fwd rookies is they all have negative break evens so that really isn't a bad thing to be carrying them all. Just hope to get the onfield picks right.

I'm fielding Reid and Darcy. I have no confidence in either. But they pip Berry and Campbell.

Dempsey was the only option FWD I considered over King. and by far a more popular option it seems.

Mat0369

I don't have Max but I'd probably bank the 129. If Green scores 130 or 140 you only lose 11 points.

129+129+140 = 398
140+140+129 = 409

Rowell is on another level this year inside as a contested beast and Miller has been given run with roles in the past so they could go after Green. Risk doesn't outweigh the reward. I've gone Butters VC and will probably take 120+

The Herald Sun journos were saying that Bevo will play new recruits at the expense of his current guys even when they're out of form. Rory Lobb was the obvious example that they brought up, this year Harmes, Bramble and Coffield were all named while Daniel was the sub and Macrae played VFL. If the role changes it could be problematic but it seems settled for the time being and he should make dollars. My worry and why I went Windhager is Bevo has a habit of throwing around the magnets and playing guys out of position while Windhager was a first choice mid for the CBA's.

I'd be trading Fyfe ahead of Jordon. I don't think Jordon is going to provide these elite numbers, but if he could score 75 to 80 each week at a position that doesn't have many producing elite numbers than he would be a great placeholder. He may not make huge bucks but he is there until other options show up which other than the top 3 (and Jackson has question marks with Darcy returning) who do you trust?

Reid should be fine, too much talent and he will hit his straps. Dempsey should make similar cash to King and also give you the extra cash in the bank.

Going the leg up route, I'm thinking Trac might be the one. He is in 19% of teams and if you can find a way to get him in next week it would be tempting even with the bye coming up. He looks to be playing forward of the ball more so I think he may even get forward status as an extra bonus.

Ringo

I am taking Gawns 129 if it helps.

Agree with Matt Petracca is the mid to look at.

Bramble is interesting with scores 107,84,98 Looked at him as a possible 3rd trade for Fyfe/Jordan via DPP with Naicos but wary of being bevod.

arbel

I was on the fence but generally the rule is 130 you take as the VC ... as Mat pointed out you're not going to lose many points if Green gets to 140. If he has a monster then yeah but against GC midfield he may not go huge.

Also we need to coin the term "being bevo'd" :P

Colliwobblers

Thanks guys butters into green great choice. both projected 161, only need one of them to hit it :)

I'll take the 129.

Hopefully the suns debutants shine.

Being Bevo'd is a very real thing.

Who would have thought any coach could ever outdo Ross as the nemesis of the super coach player.

Colliwobblers

Score: 2229

Round Rank: 34,044

Overall: 16,365

Cash: $34,500

Happy with last weeks trades Brown and Darcy solid.

Max King, will make a fortune may be a keeper. I'm happy with a 77 on that hard to score on oval, with 3 out of bounds on the full shots at goal, maybe one or two were behinds but if so just...

Fyfe who I traded out scored a ton because I did so that's just normal procedure for SC. Completely expected.

You cannot view this attachment.

Felt better than that, but drifted back in the rankings again this week.

I've done it to myself before and I'm going to do it to myself again. You'll know what I mean as soon as you read it.

Two trade options:

1. Howes to Clohesy + Jordon to Horne-Francis

2. D'Ambrosio to Chlohesy + Jordon to Horne-Francis + Grundy to Marshall

No need to move D'Ambrosio other than the money to move Grundy.

Can't reach English. Maybe should wait until I can, but the bye....

Ringo

Have you thought of downgrading Jordan instead to go Grundy to English. Comben only 1 game though and will net 123k as well.