Colliwobblers 2024

Started by Colliwobblers, March 07, 2024, 06:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

Hi all, here we go again. Hope all are well.

Might have to change my name, showing my age, there are no wobbles these days :)

Fisher troubles me for SC, but downgrading him to a rook, upgrading a mid premium and cheezels to Stewart still leaves me with way too much money in the bank, so he's there for now.

But with a meagre $600 left in the bank I don't mind it.

You cannot view this attachment.

Mat0369

That midfield is batting super deep. I really like Parish but he hasn't quite hit his straps after his breakout. With Billings the sub tonight I'd probably move Reid forward and trade him to BPA. You don't have a lot of straight rookies which is a bonus as well.

tor01doc

Guns and rookies has been the go to strategy for a while so you are taking a risk by moving away from it

Well balanced though

Ringo

Welcome back

Agree with suggestions on Billings given he was sub.  Move Reid forwrad and look at other options eg Roberts, Hustwaite etc and will give you some extra cash.

arbel

Yeah agree with both. Think Reid should be in the forward line

Mat0369

So with Coleman potentially doing an ACL I'd maybe look at one of Parish/Serong to Stewart

Colliwobblers

Thanks all for the tips. And thank goodness for round zero. I'd be two down already.

With forced changes it kinda backs me into one of these setups.

Touk - I traded him in last year the week he got injured so wary. Also I pretty much banking on adding Gulden Green and Petraca/Oliver to the midfield so starting with only two spots i'm not sure about.

Jackson - Will be a top 6 forward? probably, useful ruck dpp , doesn't excite me as much as tsatas did tho....

I did consider keeping my original structure and replacing Coleman with Salem, but I resisted my mid priced obsession, thanks doc.

About $44K in the bank either option, lets see what we see after today's games.

Mat0369

The midfield is absolutely stacked. I prefer the team with Miller over Jackson, but I think Flanders and even Heeney have done enough to warrant a potential F1 selection.

Colliwobblers

Thanks Mate, I'm worried about that early bye players or I'd start green in the middle rowell flanders and possibly heeney also with his mid minutes, few still missing though he was probably too good to push out.

Might have to do some maths work out if i can survive the early byes with flanders. Couple of cheap fwd rookies are looking good that weren,t on the radar so money isn't an issue.

Rowell is back it seems he's turned the clock back...

Colliwobblers

Post sneak peak round review, this is where I've landed.

WISH I was brave enough to start Wines. Go with Steele instead and cross the fingers.

Toss up was between Rowell & Steele Vs Parish & Wines

No money left for rookie changes, so could do Butters to Rozee and or Rowell to Touk if rook changes needed.

Byes:

Premiums out (including mid priced):

R2 = 1 - 3 rookie scores
R3 = 3 - 5 rookie scores
R5 = 3 - 5 rookie scores
R6 = 1 - 3 rookie scores

Premiums out (including mid priced):

R12 = 4
R13 = 3
R14 = 5
R15 = 4

Mat0369

Steele to Wines/Crouch and Schoenmaker to D'Ambrosio just to give you some rookie flexibility and that team is just about perfect

Colliwobblers

Thanks again, I'd overlooked D'Ambrosio..

Was a bit worried about the 5 playing/scoring rooks in early byes so upgraded a couple.

Changes:

Rowell to Green
Schoenmaker to D'Abrosio
Mannagh to Duursma
Steele to Bonner

Bonner could have been Fyfe but once you see a midfield with only two genuine rooks in it, well it's hard to unsee :)

Either way either option is still possibly going to be cut if dearer rookies are named over who I have.

Mat0369

I've thought that this will be the year that both Anderson and Rowell could make that jump to full fledged premiums, but it's hard to see the Suns having all of Rowell, Anderson, Miller and Flanders be in that tier.

Green was insane on the back end of last year and it looks like he picked up where he left off. I've had him in some of my drafts so I really like that pick.

Bonner I don't know if he will continue with his pre-season form. He is a very hit and miss player but he could be this years Mason Wood for them, someone that never quite put it together that has an out of the box season. Lyons and Berry are two others around that price point I'm considering. Probably more as well but can't remember off the top of my head.

Colliwobblers

Final team, this is where I ended up. D'Ambrossio went out which put Gibcus back in, and that's my fault for not listening to Mat 😒

Good luck all for the season, what could go wrong 😉

Berry named in the followers, maybe I do listen to Mat a little after all...

Mat0369

I'm glad you listen to me because I don't haha

I lucked out with Gibcus on the bench thankfully. I also started Campbell chasing that initial price rise and had him at F8. Ended up deciding against Carroll unfortunately, but the plan was to grab him in round 3 as a corrective trade with the round 2 bye if he played well again.

I really like the Berry pick, he is a high floor option with his tackling and I noticed Crouch is on the extended bench. It will be interesting to see if they only pick one and if Berry has won the job. I think they both play and the sub comes from one of the other 4.

There are a few defensive rookies playing this week so it will be nice to get a look at them before we decide on what to do with Gibcus.