Colliwobblers 2024

Started by Colliwobblers, March 07, 2024, 06:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

Round 1 Team: 2249 points. 5468th. Not awful. Green was VC and score taken.

Forgot to save it before round ended.

Gibcus to ? will be my only move naturally.

You cannot view this attachment.

Mat0369

That's a pretty good week.

D'Ambrosio is the one down back. You can probably wait a week in case he gets injured etc. Reid has the hamstring as well, Dean or Hore are probably the options there.

Are you holding Fisher and giving him another week or dumping him?

Colliwobblers

I am thinking Fisher to Berry for the cash to go Gibcus to D'Ambrosio.

Fisher not for any other reason than the need for the money to upgrade Gibcus, but the massive upside to that is the huge cash gen from Berry.

Doing that I can afford Billings, but opting for the cash growth in berry instead with the focus on getting rookies off the field in the backline before they ruin me...

Bully

The main reason I'm avoiding Berry is his bye, so far you have Reid, Green, Flanders and Sexton out.

(edit) best 18 scorers so should be fine.

Colliwobblers

Your right it's not ideal Bully, but I think the cash gen is worth it and just hope for good efforts off the bench r3 i'll have 4 out same again r5 and 3 for r6.

Ringo

My only concern with Tom Berry is both games have been at Metricon and would like to see an away game to see if he can match. However in saying that cash gain will outweigh and Fisher loss.

Colliwobblers

Well First I don't listen to Mat (De'Ambrosio), then I don't listen to Ringo (T Berry), one might say I'm a slow learner. T Berry made plenty... but what next for T Berry.

Got a few problems Houston... Fyfe subbed out. S.Berry subbed out, crouch back! Young Nick Sexton, then Reid and coffield to deal with.

Round 2 team: 1926 points. Ranked 64780, drops me to 19660 overall and that's mostly due to my poor rookie fielding's.

Hopefully make better rookie decisions on field this week.

Looking at Sexton or T Berry to Powell, leaning towards Sexton unless something comes to light that tells me T Berry didn't just have one bad game. Or doesn't get dropped.

Also will be trading Young to Nasiah or Ryan.

Possibly boost for Coffield to Pink depending on injury/teams.

Mat0369

Looking at your team, Young is pretty much the only premium you didn't hit on. Jury is still out on Grundy, but I would back him in.

Total players I'd look to move on looking at the available options

Young - underperforming and there are better options. Either go up to Stewart/Ryan or down to Yeo.
Berry - Getting subbed isn't ideal and as long as the Crows main three mids are Crouch/Laird/Dawson it will be tough to see him getting the numbers he needs
Fyfe - Subbed out at 3QT as a tactical sub is a worry. He seemed to be playing well, so either his body isn't holding up or they will look to rotate him through the vest to get a different look in the midfield.

Coffield and Reid may also fall into that bracket due to injury. No real options but they need to go soon as well. Pink and Hore are the two but I feel like the others are a bigger worry.

What trades would I make? I'd turn Berry into one of Carroll or Dempsey using Wilson and his DPP. Next week you can look at one or both of the GC boys to Darcy or McInnes pending performance.

I'd turn Fyfe into Powell to try and get that price rise and use him as a stepping stone to a legit premium down the track. Powell looks like he will make cash quicker than Fyfe so I think it's a positive sideways trade.

I'd turn Young into one of Stewart/Ryan if you can afford it, if you don't have the cash I would look at Yeo. He may not be a keeper but he has DPP and may be a good D7/M9 swing if he stays healthy.

Colliwobblers

I'll wait for teams. I've got a bunch of players with negative break evens to consider trading out for players with much larger negative break evens. In years gone by I wouldn't even consider such trades, except for that one or two rookie missed that you have to have.

Dempsey I'm happy to skip I think for the Darcy that follows.

Powell I think I'll grab but the fyfe sexton berry quandary I'm not sure on which, again all negative break evens...

S Berry also a negative break even, think if he's named to start I'll hold.

Young sadly has to be Ryan, Nasiah seems to be the more popular trade this week but with $200K in the bank I feel it best to go keeper for sure on this one given it's a costly/unexpected trade.

I've got a full backline for the non bye rounds so I don't think jumping on pink or hore is required. Hope for something better to pop up next week?

Crippa says Walsh is back in 2-3 and crippa wouldn't lie. So Carrol for a named S berry maybe not the right call. If S berry dropped though 2-3 probably enough cash gen to pull the trigger on that.

Ringo

Do not feel bad I did not listen to own advice and went Fisher to Berry.

Can you do Berry to Powell as I have done taken the cash rise and gone. I have gone Young to Stewart over Ryan but either is fine. I have done Windsor to Carroll and will ride cash for 2 - 3 weeks.

What are your thoughts on Coffield - I am waiting till next week to see which of Brown, Hore or Pink to trade to bearing in mind Rd 4 is not a bye round,

Are you braving the weather tomorrow night, May the best team win to get off the duck.

Bully

I think Sexton is a hold, still in the frame for DPP, despite playing forward last week.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Ringo on March 27, 2024, 12:11:50 PMDo not feel bad I did not listen to own advice and went Fisher to Berry.

Can you do Berry to Powell as I have done taken the cash rise and gone. I have gone Young to Stewart over Ryan but either is fine. I have done Windsor to Carroll and will ride cash for 2 - 3 weeks.

What are your thoughts on Coffield - I am waiting till next week to see which of Brown, Hore or Pink to trade to bearing in mind Rd 4 is not a bye round,

Are you braving the weather tomorrow night, May the best team win to get off the duck.

My daughter is, I have tickets but I refuse to do it to myself, we were there last year and I expect the same result. That and works just gone crazy this week so I really can't/won't. So she's taking Lions friends she works with... sucker for punishment.

Going to Anzac game for the first time this year, can't wait for that, and I'll get to the suns game, we're half a chance there surely :)

I'll hold Coffield (think he's long term) and Reid until something pops up worth having back there. I've got  6 to field on non bye rounds.

Just decide whether to T Berry or Fyfe to Powell. Probably berry. Unless the other berry dropped then it will be him.

Young I'd like to go Milera for faster upgrades elsewhere but will probably take Ryan instead. Still trying to talk myself into keeping Young, but if he doesn't improve it's a big loss of cash in a week or two.

Mat0369

Coffield is 3 months out, so it's a while but if you can get away with it and afford to sideways it might be worth it. No one is really standing out.

I think I'd get rid of Sam Berry ahead of both of those guys, being subbed and having a one paced midfield probably isn't helping him out

Colliwobblers

So Sam Berry was a dud pick and dropped as expected.

Went Sam Berry to Powell and Young to Ryan.

I just can't get on pink so Coffield can wait, few coming through.

Darcy probably comes in for the other berry next week depending on teams/Fyfe. Missed Carrol and Dempsey but can't waste the trades given the fix ups I've inflicted on myself.

Pies got up.

Colliwobblers

Round 3: 1899 crept up a fraction to 14632 overall.

with only $28k in the bank looking at these trades:

Coffield to Brown.
Fyfe/Berry/H Reid to Ryan

also considering a boost to

Fyfe/Berry/H Reid to Dempsey

Dependent on teams, think Jordan might have a big week and can go next week before his bye.