Main Menu

Movies: Warning - May contain spoilers

Started by Noz, January 14, 2014, 02:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

Quote from: jvalles69 on May 31, 2015, 12:01:55 PM
Not sure why Mad Max is getting such high reviews, maybe hype?  I thought it was good, but just your average B grade run of the mill action movie which happened to be 1 long car chase scene really.  Props for having a story line when there were just people in cars for the whole movie.  Hardy grunts a lot, Charlize was good, english guy who played the pale bald good guy was prob the highlight.

It's not as good as the original or Road Warrior, but that's because they're both awesome movies; it's still pretty good - better than Beyond Thunderdome.

Gandalf123

Got around to watching nightcrawler last night, jake gyllenhal really brought the creepiness into his character, so good, get around it!!

Jukes

Quote from: Gandalf123 on June 01, 2015, 11:49:50 AM
Got around to watching nightcrawler last night, jake gyllenhal really brought the creepiness into his character, so good, get around it!!

I was actually planning on watching it again tonight :P great movie, it's funny, pretty flowered up, and the acting is great (Bill Paxton and Rene Russo also super aside from JG). Jake just makes the character his own, probably his second best performance behind Donnie Darko, and just ahead of Enemy. Top notch cinematography too.

Keeper27

Watched Mad Max: Fury Road, i thought it was an enjoyable movie.
plenty of action, great scenes, minimal story but i was never a fan of the series anyways.
7/10

Watched Pitch Perfect 2 with the wife (i loved the first), and wow.
Bitterly disappointed. definitely not as funny as the first and the jokes sometimes came across flat.
few giggles here and there. wait till you can DL it or rent it.
5.5/10

San Andreas, what can i say??
went into this thing with no expectations, well typical disaster movie expectations and a minor storyline.
did i get that?? yes, did it satisfy me? NO.
absolute crappy movie, not worth watching. EVER.
they think they can fool you with awesome looking scenes and a HUGE name actor, but no. worst.
3/10

Last night took the wife out to watch SPY on date night.
Had a mean steak, a few beers, and had a LOT of laughs. Melissa McCarthy is a comedy GOD.
TBH i think Melissa McCarthy is great, LOVED her in The Heat, easily one of the more funnier movies in recent times.
Statham was hilarious too. Byrne wasnt as sexy as she usually is, but still pretty hot.
8/10

Kellogscrunchynut

Watched Entourage today, the best transition from TV show to film that I can remember definitely worth seeing

Also saw Che the other day, certainly worth a view if you've got the time to spend 4 hours watching it haha, although it is very slow at times.

Jukes

If anybody wants some cinematic brilliance, Jurassic Park 3 is on tonight

SPOILER I liked it END SPOILERS

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on June 05, 2015, 11:32:20 PM
Watched Entourage today, the best transition from TV show to film that I can remember definitely worth seeing

Will have to get around to watching as soon as I can. Been hanging to watch it - The series is one of my fav series ever

Pkbaldy

Going to see Jurassic World tomorrow! Whoop whoop.

Ricochet

Quote from: Pkbaldy on June 11, 2015, 09:08:50 AM
flower yeh man can't wait to go see it.

Saw Entourage the other day, flowering loved it. If you loved the series, you'll like the movie

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Ricochet on June 11, 2015, 10:09:12 AM

Saw Entourage the other day, flowering loved it. If you loved the series, you'll like the movie

Saw first 2 seasons of Entourage...Was bland and boring to me... But my step brother said it's 1 of the better movies he's seen in a long time.

Ricochet

Quote from: Pkbaldy on June 11, 2015, 11:30:34 AM

Saw first 2 seasons of Entourage...Was bland and boring to me... But my step brother said it's 1 of the better movies he's seen in a long time.
Only the first two? :o

RaisyDaisy

Going to watch Entourage tomorrow night

VICTORY!!!!

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Ricochet on June 11, 2015, 01:17:37 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on June 11, 2015, 11:30:34 AM

Only the first two? :o

Yeah couldn't get into it at all... I've dived out of a lot of TV shows after 2 seasons.

Ricochet

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 11, 2015, 01:27:13 PM
Going to watch Entourage tomorrow night

VICTORY!!!!
haha just you wait 8)

Jukes

RIP Christopher Lee :'(

The greatest Dracula by far