Big Bash Fox Sports Fantasy

Started by northernstar, November 07, 2012, 11:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The F.A.R.K.

Darren pattinson and brendan drew both underated and cheap quicks

Clyde Frog

Will Jackson Bird fit into the Stars bowling line up? The already have Clint McKay, Shane Warne, Lasith Malinga and James Faulkner.

Also when do they announce the teams for each round?

Nige

Quote from: Clyde Frog on December 06, 2012, 06:38:57 PM
Will Jackson Bird fit into the Stars bowling line up? The already have Clint McKay, Shane Warne, Lasith Malinga and James Faulkner.

Also when do they announce the teams for each round?

Team is announced. From the Stars Facebook page.

QuoteTEAM ANNOUNCEMENT: The 13-man squad named to take on the Renegades tomorrow is - Warne (c), Bird, Faulkner, Handscomb, Hodge, Hussey, McKay, Malinga, Quiney, Rose, Wade, White, Wright.

dubizzy

Quote from: Popey99 on December 06, 2012, 04:59:29 PM
Jackson Bird? Only one of the brightest fast bowling prospects in the country. Maybe as good as anyone on his day. I am trying to fit him in my team right now.

Ok popey. Ya weren't happy about my Shane warne joke but help me out here anyway. Which two.
1.Hopes as my all round cover and putland/cutting as my 4th bowler or
2. Obrien as all roun cover and bird as my 4th bowler ?

Anyones thoughts appreciated

Clyde Frog

QuoteTEAM ANNOUNCEMENT: The 13-man squad named to take on the Renegades tomorrow is - Warne (c), Bird, Faulkner, Handscomb, Hodge, Hussey, McKay, Malinga, Quiney, Rose, Wade, White, Wright.

No Maxwell?

Tominator

Maxwell is in the Chairmans XI so cannot play first game. Got 91 off 77 for them though

Popey99

Quote from: dubizzy on December 06, 2012, 06:54:46 PM
Jackson Bird? Only one of the brightest fast bowling prospects in the country. Maybe as good as anyone on his day. I am trying to fit him in my team right now.

Ok popey. Ya weren't happy about my Shane warne joke but help me out here anyway. Which two.

Def Hopes, Cutting and Putland. Definitely. Hopes may turn not the biggest cash cow of the tournament and Putland and Cutting are on fire. But Bird is an absolute gun and should be tried to be fit into most teams.

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: Popey99 on December 06, 2012, 09:34:15 PM

Def Hopes, Cutting and Putland. Definitely. Hopes may turn not the biggest cash cow of the tournament and Putland and Cutting are on fire. But Bird is an absolute gun and should be tried to be fit into most teams.

while putland is on fire in the other forms of cricket he is quite expensive at times in t20 and remember that darren berry builds t20 teams around spin. With Richardson and Tait in the strikers line up, possibly neser and pollard, this might see Putland on the outer. Richardson Tait, Pollard, Neser, Botha, Ajmal are all bowling options

PowerBug

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on December 06, 2012, 09:53:12 PM
Quote from: Popey99 on December 06, 2012, 09:34:15 PM

while putland is on fire in the other forms of cricket he is quite expensive at times in t20 and remember that darren berry builds t20 teams around spin. With Richardson and Tait in the strikers line up, possibly neser and pollard, this might see Putland on the outer. Richardson Tait, Pollard, Neser, Botha, Ajmal are all bowling options
Ajmal is only there for one game because Pollard (I think) isn't playing first up. Saw it on the news the other day.

Tominator

Bird, Putland and Cutting - if you had to pick 2 who would you get?

Clyde Frog

Does anyone know how many games Azhar Mahmood will be playing?

Popey99

Quote from: Tominator on December 06, 2012, 11:55:01 PM

Look, probably all three! I would say Cutting and Bird, just because they are both a little more proven in this form, but don't get me wrong, Putland is great value. Another thing, Cutting has the Scorchers (a rabble!!) and Putland has the Hurricanes (one of the strongest batting lineups, so much so that Blizzard may struggle to get a game).

Nige

Quote from: Tominator on December 06, 2012, 11:55:01 PM

I'd go Bird and Cutting, like Popey said, they're a better chance for games/points than Putland.

Nige

Quote from: Clyde Frog on December 06, 2012, 08:19:34 PM

No Maxwell?
Quote from: Tominator on December 06, 2012, 08:57:02 PM
Maxwell is in the Chairmans XI so cannot play first game. Got 91 off 77 for them though

Yeah, he'll miss the first, but I'll be looking to get him in after that as I think he should slot straight into the Stars XI.

BB67th

Just so everyone knows, no Pakistani players will be playing Big Bash as the PCB has withdrawn them from the competition. Also Dale Steyn will not play any games as the South African Board has withdrawn him also to play domestic in South Africa.