Big Bash Fox Sports Fantasy

Started by northernstar, November 07, 2012, 11:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Popey99

This is my team, have spent a couple of hours on this with some research. Coupled with my general knowledge of cricket (far better than that of soccer!!) I have come up with this. I'll go through each player...

Batters:
Birt: Self explanitory. King hitter that was probably the best and most consistent batter last year.
D Hussey: The t20 king himself provides great value for 10k less that the top liners in Gayle and Warner. Also, he is named solely as a batter which means that he scores extra points for everything he does with the ball.
Gibbs: Great performer with a cool head. Provides rock solid reliability in my batting lineup.
Finch: Has been on fire lately. Has played for Australia in the t20 format so knows what he's doing. Should be in every team.
Maddison: At this stage his position in my team isn't locked, but he looks great value. Watch his form in other formats first.

All Rounders:
John Hastings: My smokey. Had cemented a position the ODI team until he went down with injury a few years back. Has started like a house on fire in the shield with his bowling. Great value and one I consider to have the most potential to turn into a premo.
Dominic Thornley: An old timer way underrated in his price. Can pump out a big score when he wants to. Simply a bargain.

Wicketkeeper:
Brad Haddin: Looks like the best Wicketkeeper option as Wade has taken his spot in the main game. Has a point to prove and should fire for his own sake.

Bowlers:
Clint McKay: A proven performer. Enough said.
Brad Hogg: Has nothing else better to do with his time so we know he'll play every match!! An absolute legend and proved he has still got it from his International performances.
Scott Coyte: Looks really good value for money and therefore locked in. A quality bowler that will do the job.
Timm Van Der Gugten (12th man): A Dutch fast bowler who has played international cricket. Not sure yet, but will get a opportunity to impress.

Jroo

Nige

Tried making a team several times both yesterday and today but Fox Sports was intent on not letting me. Got three quarters of the way through it multiple times only for it to reset itself and have me start from scratch again. I endeavour to make a team, just hoping it lets me unlike these past two days.

Popey99

Spinner Fawad Ahmed given permission to play in BBL. Has been helping the Aussie team out lately so if he is priced under 60k, which is almost certain, could be a great pickup. He is a Pakistani refugee for those who haven't heard of him.

teckert

There's also this fantasy comp: http://fantasy.bigbash.com.au

There's $6k to the top league as well!

Popey99

Guys- preparing a write up for the official comp. Stay tuned, it wll be posted in next week or so.

northernstar

Quote from: teckert on November 19, 2012, 09:03:01 PM

Love this format! I'm in. Teckert, I started a new thread for this game :)

BB67th

Quote from: northernstar on November 20, 2012, 10:01:02 AM
Quote from: teckert on November 19, 2012, 09:03:01 PM

Love this format! I'm in. Teckert, make another thread for this game :)
I'm making a team for this one now too!

ZEDDOG

Hi
I've just joined too if that's ok.
Was ranked 1st ,half way thru last bash
fantasy season but fell away. So am keen to go well.
Team name is 'any ability?'

Popey99

Guys, I believe that the official comp is looking better to me so dare I say it my focus will be on preparing for that. My Fox Sports team will be a bit if a knock around, experimental one.

northernstar

Quote from: Popey99 on November 10, 2012, 09:07:06 PM
This is my team, have spent a couple of hours on this with some research. Coupled with my general knowledge of cricket (far better than that of soccer!!) I have come up with this. I'll go through each player...

Batters:
Birt: Self explanitory. King hitter that was probably the best and most consistent batter last year.
D Hussey: The t20 king himself provides great value for 10k less that the top liners in Gayle and Warner. Also, he is named solely as a batter which means that he scores extra points for everything he does with the ball.
Gibbs: Great performer with a cool head. Provides rock solid reliability in my batting lineup.
Finch: Has been on fire lately. Has played for Australia in the t20 format so knows what he's doing. Should be in every team.
Maddison: At this stage his position in my team isn't locked, but he looks great value. Watch his form in other formats first.

All Rounders:
John Hastings: My smokey. Had cemented a position the ODI team until he went down with injury a few years back. Has started like a house on fire in the shield with his bowling. Great value and one I consider to have the most potential to turn into a premo.
Dominic Thornley: An old timer way underrated in his price. Can pump out a big score when he wants to. Simply a bargain.

Wicketkeeper:
Brad Haddin: Looks like the best Wicketkeeper option as Wade has taken his spot in the main game. Has a point to prove and should fire for his own sake.

Bowlers:
Clint McKay: A proven performer. Enough said.
Brad Hogg: Has nothing else better to do with his time so we know he'll play every match!! An absolute legend and proved he has still got it from his International performances.
Scott Coyte: Looks really good value for money and therefore locked in. A quality bowler that will do the job.
Timm Van Der Gugten (12th man): A Dutch fast bowler who has played international cricket. Not sure yet, but will get a opportunity to impress.

I like your side Popey, mines pretty close. Have thought about POD's.

Popey99

I have change mine bit now and have what feels like more balance. Not finished yet so I will post my team soon.

Clyde Frog

What are everyone's thoughts on Chris Rogers? Will he get a game at the Thunder and how might he go?