Main Menu

Tom Rockliff

Started by Ringo, June 28, 2016, 09:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_wato

Quote from: Ringo on September 06, 2016, 03:49:16 PM
Can see him resting forward at times similar to Dangerfield.  He is a tackling machine and would hope he returns to that 8/9 tackles per game. Also need his ball winning ability out of the centre.
A lot will depend on new coach and what his game plan is. Leppa had the attacking game plan but skill levels let it down.
The thing that worries me for next year is if Rocky stays and with his contract expiring next year where will his mindset be for the year.

Makes a lot of sense, cheers mate. Probably eyeing off the big money from Vic you'd assume.

strikes91

Quote from: Ringo on September 06, 2016, 09:51:54 AM
Not sure about Ben Keays strikes but maybe beast mode Mathieson could be groomed.

Pretty sure Ben captained the QLD under 18 team. He is very well spoken for his age as well.

strikes91

My Brother works with a close friend of a board member (won't say who dammit) that 2 high up staff are pushing hard for him to be moved on but he has made it clear he won't be leaving while contracted and only will be traded if they don't give him a contract for 2018 and beyond (Does not want to leave and if he does it will be from the club pushing him out), apparently Rocky never pulled the contract that was rumoured mid year and that the club never accepted, Price was not the problem.

Mentioned this to my Rugby league dominant mates who have a small following in the sport that the club doesn't want him and they just laughed. "why get rid of your best player"

Confusing times ahead...

Ringo

Have heard the same rumour today Strikes from my sources.

So interesting times ahead. Really hard to believe that there would be no substance to the rumour. Reminds me of a few years back when Merrett was shopped. and then Riska left when he was shopped as well. So we do have history.

Hopefully common sense will prevail and we retain Rocky.  If he does go could be a very interesting AGM in December,

strikes91

The talk that he defended leppitsch and gave the board a gob full is looking on the money. I'll have a unhappy house hold if we go into the future without him. Trading him leaves such a foul taste in my mouth, I'd rather the club eat it's own hate and delist him and get nothing.

Ringo

Why the Board were saying less than impressive presentation  ;)

T Dog

Quote from: Ringo on September 15, 2016, 09:43:22 PM

On the other hand .. his on field presentations have been good :-\

strikes91

Quote from: Ringo on September 15, 2016, 09:43:22 PM

It's starting to make sense.

strikes91

Okay so got some more info/rumours. Club is offering way unders to him and he is now getting showerty with them. Still wants to stay but feels they are deliberately trying to ruffle his feathers and get him to move. This is grudge v grudge by the sounds of it.

My take
It's a bad look if the club come out and push him only for a trade not to get done. I'd say they want him to openly move clubs to keep them looking squeaky clean hence the low offer to him.

shaker

Quote from: strikes91 on September 16, 2016, 06:50:06 PM
Okay so got some more info/rumours. Club is offering way unders to him and he is now getting showerty with them. Still wants to stay but feels they are deliberately trying to ruffle his feathers and get him to move. This is grudge v grudge by the sounds of it.

My take
It's a bad look if the club come out and push him only for a trade not to get done. I'd say they want him to openly move clubs to keep them looking squeaky clean hence the low offer to him.

Are you serious do you have idiots running your club you don't just push your best player away because people don't see eye to eye you resolve it , if you want the Tiges can give you next years 1st round and we will throw in Lennon really if you get rid of him that will be the biggest blunder this trade period probably this century ..... well except for the Tiges forking out pick 19 and this years pick 24 for Yarran  :P

Ringo

Quote from: shaker on September 18, 2016, 01:40:38 PM

My take

Are you serious do you have idiots running your club you don't just push your best player away because people don't see eye to eye you resolve it , if you want the Tiges can give you next years 1st round and we will throw in Lennon really if you get rid of him that will be the biggest blunder this trade period probably this century ..... well except for the Tiges forking out pick 19 and this years pick 24 for Yarran  :P
Yes some serious questions need to be asked of the board if he is allowed to walk. Have not heard what the contract offer is but considering what was offered to the under-performing Rich and Hanley he should be at least $600k plus.

iZander

Quote from: Ringo on September 18, 2016, 02:48:03 PM

My take

Yes some serious questions need to be asked of the board if he is allowed to walk. Have not heard what the contract offer is but considering what was offered to the under-performing Rich and Hanley he should be at least $600k plus.

Poor Rich gets tagged every game of his life so no1 knows how good he really is :P

strikes91

My take

We'll see what Noble and Fagan do. Have no confidence in Sharpless and Swann at the moment.

nrich102

Can I nominate Ringo for a spot on the Lions board?

Ringo

Quote from: strikes91 on September 18, 2016, 11:03:40 PM

My take

We'll see what Noble and Fagan do. Have no confidence in Sharpless and Swann at the moment.
Yep that seems to be favoured ticket at the moment. Would like to see Phil De Bella win a seat on the Board this year. Not sure who he replaces. Yep no confidence in Sharples whatsoever since the Springfield debacle. Still reserved on Swannie though.