Main Menu

Tom Rockliff

Started by Ringo, June 28, 2016, 09:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 30, 2016, 05:21:30 PM
if he requested a trade would Brisbane take pick 1?

Brisbane would take that every day of the week!

Ringo

Quote from: strikes91 on August 30, 2016, 05:38:07 PM
Quote from: Ringo on August 30, 2016, 05:11:04 PM
Have not heard officially but Swanny and the CEO did not sound overly convincing when asked about Rockliffs position. It is obvious he does not want to leave as he is building a house. If there was an alternate choice I would say relieve him of captaincy but there is no obvious one apart from Zorko.

I feel Swann hesitated because he just flat out didn't know. If a new coach comes in he may want a new leader. I'm a fan of split captaincy and with such a young team I think it is needed. Zorko maybe... can be immature and sucked in on the field. conceded a few 50m penalties on Sunday. Mitch Robinson is also a possibility. Harris one for the future.
Forgot about Robbo dah.  Harris definitely in the future. And dual captains may be the way to go given our youth. Rich and Hanley though do not inspire as leaders. So maybe Rocky and Robbo/Zorko.

strikes91

Quote from: Ringo on August 30, 2016, 05:55:46 PM
Quote from: strikes91 on August 30, 2016, 05:38:07 PM
Quote from: Ringo on August 30, 2016, 05:11:04 PM
Have not heard officially but Swanny and the CEO did not sound overly convincing when asked about Rockliffs position. It is obvious he does not want to leave as he is building a house. If there was an alternate choice I would say relieve him of captaincy but there is no obvious one apart from Zorko.

I feel Swann hesitated because he just flat out didn't know. If a new coach comes in he may want a new leader. I'm a fan of split captaincy and with such a young team I think it is needed. Zorko maybe... can be immature and sucked in on the field. conceded a few 50m penalties on Sunday. Mitch Robinson is also a possibility. Harris one for the future.
Forgot about Robbo dah.  Harris definitely in the future. And dual captains may be the way to go given our youth. Rich and Hanley though do not inspire as leaders. So maybe Rocky and Robbo/Zorko.

Hanley I wouldn't want near a leadership group. Rich doesn't seem vocal neither Dayne Beams. I think the sad thing is we only have a few to pick which is why I think Rockliff will retain it

nrich102

If it's true that we don't want Rocky (which confuses me), I think the AFL should move in and shut the club down. I think it's got to that stage.

strikes91

That bust up with a player that was rumoured a while back was Ryan Harwood.

Ringo

Quote from: strikes91 on August 30, 2016, 09:09:10 PM
Rocky seems to have matured as a captain this year. Last year he struggled and had a few issues which he worked on. Had a run in with Zorko in one game I was at.

_wato

Rocky gone Brissy will go into meltdown

strikes91

Quote from: Ringo on August 30, 2016, 09:17:57 PM
Quote from: strikes91 on August 30, 2016, 09:09:10 PM
Rocky seems to have matured as a captain this year. Last year he struggled and had a few issues which he worked on. Had a run in with Zorko in one game I was at.

Zorko and Rockliff both committed and competive players, they made up almost straight away. Hanley and Cutler had a bust up on field 2 weeks ago, things happen when they're not going well

Ringo

Thanks Strikes and agree, Did not think the Hanley Cutler was that bad either but yep tensions boil over when team not going well.

strikes91

Quote from: Ringo on August 30, 2016, 10:16:02 PM
Thanks Strikes and agree, Did not think the Hanley Cutler was that bad either but yep tensions boil over when team not going well.

Just small things. Chance to start fresh next year. For Rockliff I feel as he will be spending a lot more time in the forward line. Damaging player 1 on 1

Ringo

Hearing reports that Board was underwhelmed with Rocky's presentation last week as well.  So will be a turbulent few weeks played out in the media until Director of Coaching and coach appointed.  Then they will have a say on Captain.

To give an idea of what is being played out Media are already honing in on the fact that Rocky and Hanley were seen drinking together Monday afternoon after the Leppa sacking announcement. I say so what season is over for us.

shaker

Quote from: Ringo on August 31, 2016, 09:21:02 AM
Hearing reports that Board was underwhelmed with Rocky's presentation last week as well.  So will be a turbulent few weeks played out in the media until Director of Coaching and coach appointed.  Then they will have a say on Captain.

To give an idea of what is being played out Media are already honing in on the fact that Rocky and Hanley were seen drinking together Monday afternoon after the Leppa sacking announcement. I say so what season is over for us.

Haha they were the only 2 footballers drinking on Monday  ::)

Ringo

Quote from: shaker on August 31, 2016, 09:29:59 AM
Quote from: Ringo on August 31, 2016, 09:21:02 AM

Haha they were the only 2 footballers drinking on Monday  ::)
Today is the "Official" end of year celebrations due to Mondays announcements.

strikes91

Love how they leave out 5-10 names from drinking on Monday. I know for a fact that Daniel Rich was there and a host of others and player friends.

strikes91

Andrew Hamilton is gunning for him to be sacked. Such a sad world when journalist pests think they're involved in the club.