Main Menu

Mr Football beta test

Started by ben1994, April 30, 2011, 12:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alka

Definitely. I had a read through Monty's rule document (top of the board) to get an idea of how things worked. Certain skills are certainly more important for particular positions, and some can be neglected.

Just quickly: Forwards don't need DA. Pump up AG, QK and KI. I usually go in that order too, with the logic being if they can't first get the ball there's no point them being able to kick straight. Crumb is very important for forwards.

Centres/Rovers don't need AG. Rovers need more ST and QK than Centres or Wingers who should first focus on DA (although all are important). Extract and baulk are important here. I've had great success getting a C with high weight as a draft pick, who eventually got 8 ST, and is the best player on my team. Every game 15+ contested possessions.

Backs seem to need a bit of everything, even KI. I find chase to be the most important skill here.

There's a few more things, like skills for forward pocket are slightly different to those for full forward, but this'll do for now. Also I have no idea about the effect of EN. Most of my players are around 7-8, but I'm thinking it might be less important than that. I can see your team actually looks like my above suggestions already, so I'm guessing you've already made a few changes? Notice much difference?

TDAddict

Heya. Firstly, great game. It's, in a lot of ways, better than other AFL Online games and I am really enjoying it so great job.

I need some help though. I'm the team Forest Hill FC and I just finished a Season. I had to retire a fair few players and then had to draft a few. I was drafting the players (had to draft 9 players) but when I need to draft the last one, I can't, because all players have been drafted. I can't progress and I don't know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

m0nty

Fixed, thanks for the bug report.

TDAddict

Thanks mate. Now hit another problem. I try selecting my team like usual and I can't proceed any further. There's just no option to select it like there usually is. I do the PreSeason thing and then move onto selecting the team list and bam, not there. I go to Team Selection and it says that my team isn't ready to be selected yet.

DazBurg

must admit this game still giving me a hard time teams i can play are like 2 million better then me so i'm lsing by 200+ points

so sick of losing  :'(

danoz

There may be an option on the list page up the top to run recovery session? Thats the only thing that comes immediately to mind.

TDAddict

Usually there is but there's just nothing. It has all my players in a list but just nothing to go forward with. I can't actually select my team and that means I'm just stuck in the Pre Season.

Phasir

Okay, so I finished the Home & Away season 22 wins, 0 draws, 0 losses, but I play in an elimination final first up, shouldn't I be the minor premior with a double shot or something haha?  :P 8)  ::)  ;D  ;)

PowerBug

I think you play the easiest side possible. If you were to be 13-9 or something like that you'd have a harder Elimination final

m0nty

Quote from: PowerBug on April 10, 2012, 01:08:03 PM
I think you play the easiest side possible. If you were to be 13-9 or something like that you'd have a harder Elimination final

Correct. And you want to play more finals anyway, because you get more fans that way.

Alka

I said I'd post some more feedback later, so here goes. I think you've done a great job Monty, just been writing some notes down as I play that might be useful for you.

BUGS:
•   Height not implemented yet? The tall attribute is not affected by any changes in height. E.g. I have a 205cm ruckman who only has a tall+2, where in the rules 205cm should be +4.

•   Certain situations make no sense with player selections:
o   Crewes jets away from Manassa, bounces twice and finds the open man in the forward line.  -1 23.02
o   Manassa gets the fist in to prevent the Petterson mark and a pack forms... ball up.

It makes no sense for Manassa to be there to spoil after Crewes jetted away from him.

•   When a shot goes out on the full, or misses completely, the last goal scoring attempt is also added onto the end of the text. Example:
o   Teague shrugs his way clear of Cunningham and snaps.  +1 7.46
o   Snap missed everything by Peter J. Teague.Point rushed from the snap by Rohan Coney.  ... Obnoxious gits 6.6.42 vs L33T H4X0R5 9.10.64 (L33T H4X0R5 by 22).

This doesn't add to the score, it's just unnecessary text.

•   Good play in the seconds seems to ONLY give potential rises to my first year players. Rather than a range of players.

•   24+ points on the development role does not give 6 potential as indicated

•   Maybe a limit to injuries to certain types of players? Or let other players play in other positions. I had the odd situation of 3 of my 4 rucks being injured, and it resulted in having a blank spot in one of my positions.

•   Another injury problem: I had 3 rucks. One got injured. The one who was auto-placed in RK1 I wanted to swap with the one in RK2, however this is impossible with the current selection system.

•   Lost a lot of fans playing against team L33T H4X0R5. My value at the time: 15.4mil, his: 17.4mil. In game I lost 382 fans first game, 399 the next one. Both games I lost by around 30 points. I actually found this was a team I quite often lost fans to, where as teams above or below him in value I did not, regardless of score. Found this a little odd, are there more factors than the result and team value?

TWEAKS:
•   Follow on from injuries above, swapping players around is not very efficient, as you must remove them from a position then place them in another.  I suggest you can place players where you please, then when you go to selection a check is run that tells you if there are any errors in the line-up and you cannot continue until these are resolved.

•   Some trophies/medals are a bit hard to achieve:
o   Bag of 5 requires 50. I find this quite a rare feat and a player would be lucky to achieve it in a career. Suggest it is lowered to 25, or even less. FF's become very hard to train as a result. Hit-outs are another one.

•   Is the medal for the match randomly given out? I assume this is on the to do list. My best players certainly weren't the ones winning it.

•   Subs also seem a little random, sometimes a well performing midfielder taken off.

SUGGESTIONS:

•   More match controls â€" i.e. slow down/speed up match and pause.

•   â€œBest of” â€" on each players page have some stats, like “most goals in a game”, “most disposals”. A bit of fun, and maybe a reward each time a new PB is reached? I'd also like more stats on a players page in general - average DT scores per season and so on, they make the game much more engaging.

Hope you find that helpful!

danoz

Quote from: Alka on April 14, 2012, 02:19:46 PM

•   Good play in the seconds seems to ONLY give potential rises to my first year players. Rather than a range of players.

•   Some trophies/medals are a bit hard to achieve:
o   Bag of 5 requires 50. I find this quite a rare feat and a player would be lucky to achieve it in a career. Suggest it is lowered to 25, or even less. FF's become very hard to train as a result. Hit-outs are another one.

•   â€œBest of” â€" on each players page have some stats, like “most goals in a game”, “most disposals”. A bit of fun, and maybe a reward each time a new PB is reached? I'd also like more stats on a players page in general - average DT scores per season and so on, they make the game much more engaging.

Just wanted to add a few things to this post.

1. I find that I can control which players get potential points in the seconds by playing others eligible for the points, and leaving two I want to get points.

2. I noticed a trophy for playing at different locations, but was not rewarded when I attempted it.

3. I would also love players individual stats. They all get individual points for reaching milestones, so the data is stored somewhere, and seeing it would be great.

Thanks

coolfugitiv0

Just got to the end of season 15.
Only I ran into a bug.

I can't progress any further.
It's telling me I'm in an elimination final. And gives me the option "Play your final" on the list page.
However, when i click it, I get "Error loading finals opponent".
I think the bug is that I'm in a final in the first place - I'm on 8 wins and 14 losses for the season.

I've tried logging out, and back in, refreshing, nothing seems to work.

It's a fantastic game though m0nty! great work!

maanco

Hey monty,
Im finding it extremely hard to win while trying not to lose fans its a great game but as soon as my team is worth over 12k it is impossible to make the finals without losing thousands of fans.

It would make the game alot better if you could reduce this difficulty.

Thanks,
maanco

m0nty

I will get back to it in September.