Main Menu

Mr Football beta test

Started by ben1994, April 30, 2011, 12:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maanco

cool thanks monty.

Im also winning all the stats yet i still lose by 8+ scoring shots

Popey99

Sorry, probably a dumb question, but does the size of the crowd (I.e the size of the opposition fan base) effect the gain/decrease of my fan numbers after each game? Having trouble getting fans, that's all.

stew42

Great stuff m0nty!!! Quick q: When you're looking for opponents, what does ST mean?

stew42

Quote from: Alka on April 03, 2012, 11:44:23 PM
Definitely. I had a read through Monty's rule document (top of the board) to get an idea of how things worked. Certain skills are certainly more important for particular positions, and some can be neglected.

Just quickly: Forwards don't need DA. Pump up AG, QK and KI. I usually go in that order too, with the logic being if they can't first get the ball there's no point them being able to kick straight. Crumb is very important for forwards.

Centres/Rovers don't need AG. Rovers need more ST and QK than Centres or Wingers who should first focus on DA (although all are important). Extract and baulk are important here. I've had great success getting a C with high weight as a draft pick, who eventually got 8 ST, and is the best player on my team. Every game 15+ contested possessions.

Backs seem to need a bit of everything, even KI. I find chase to be the most important skill here.

There's a few more things, like skills for forward pocket are slightly different to those for full forward, but this'll do for now. Also I have no idea about the effect of EN. Most of my players are around 7-8, but I'm thinking it might be less important than that. I can see your team actually looks like my above suggestions already, so I'm guessing you've already made a few changes? Notice much difference?
I find the Rucks need the most EN, otherwise they stay on the bench for most of the match, doing nothing. Losing your ruck reeeeeeally hurts...

Spite

Hi m0nty,

I have found a pretty big bug.

I decided to tank the whole season (from 44k fans down to 10K) and had to make all my assistant coaches down to -2 to continue. I then cut all my expensive players from my list but it kept allowing me to cut players. I cut 15 of them.

I went to the draft and could only select 10 players before running out of players to be picked and now I cannot continue at all. My team is stuck and I cannot start a season due to the draft being incomplete (yet no more players to be picked up)

What should I do? (Don't really want to start again, have invested time to play through more than 10 seasons)
Thanks

Cicjose

Spite you are going to have to start again i did the same thing  :'(

maanco

Hey monty (or anyone else that knows) can you send us the link so i can access what things (eg. QK, DA) are best for for ruckman ect. I cant find it anymore

Spite

Quote from: Cicjose on November 07, 2012, 01:48:33 PM
Spite you are going to have to start again i did the same thing  :'(

Pretty upsetting. Oh well, time for a new home ground!!!

m0nty

Quote from: Spite on November 07, 2012, 01:27:03 AM
Hi m0nty,

I decided to tank the whole season (from 44k fans down to 10K) and had to make all my assistant coaches down to -2 to continue. I then cut all my expensive players from my list but it kept allowing me to cut players. I cut 15 of them.

I went to the draft and could only select 10 players before running out of players to be picked and now I cannot continue at all. My team is stuck and I cannot start a season due to the draft being incomplete (yet no more players to be picked up)

What should I do? (Don't really want to start again, have invested time to play through more than 10 seasons)
Thanks

Hmm, that's a good bug to find.

What's your team name?

R.Griffen

Quote from: m0nty on December 12, 2012, 09:48:22 AM
Hi m0nty,

Thanks

What's your team name?

Hey m0nty Spite's team name is Spite Might II but he's only up to season 2 so I think he restarted his career. Hope that's what you needed

Spite

Quote from: R.Griffen on December 12, 2012, 11:08:54 AM
Hi m0nty,

Thanks

What's your team name?

Hey m0nty Spite's team name is Spite Might II but he's only up to season 2 so I think he restarted his career. Hope that's what you needed

Correct, I restarted my team just last night! What are the odds!

R.Griffen

Quote from: Spite on December 12, 2012, 05:13:35 PM
Quote from: R.Griffen on December 12, 2012, 11:08:54 AM
Hi m0nty,

Thanks

What's your team name?

Correct, I restarted my team just last night! What are the odds!

unlucky I suppose m0nty is working on making the draft longer or making a limit of players that were able to delist. Hope all the best with the new team

Ziplock

I was just wondering why I stopped playing this, so I went back to check...

for some reason I can't play :S I dunno what's wrong, I have a full team, it says my stage is 'selection for season 1, R1, I've got a 22 lined up, but when I click to go find a team to play, it just takes me back to my team selection page :S  then, if I go to season, it says I've played 22 games,  for 10 wins, 12 losses...
if I click on assistants, I cant do anything, and it says I dont have any, if I click on preseason all I can do is go to my team list (and it says all my players have a value of 0$),
if I click draft it says 'the draft for this team is not running'
if I click trophies it basically says I havent won any
if I click rule it says this topic doesnt exist on this bard

basically, I cant do anything... I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to be doing atm :S

danoz

Monty, are the rules still available? I have been looking for them, but can't locate?

danoz

Hi m0nty,

Thanks

What's your team name?

Monty, were you able to put the rules back up in the forum?