Main Menu

Mr Football beta test

Started by ben1994, April 30, 2011, 12:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo4589

M0nty what is happening with this atm. I discovered this mid last year and have had so much fun even though i have never got past a sf it is still amazing

Football Factory

I made a team last week and i want to continue on but when i click on the Mr Football Australian Football managment simulation game link it just prompts me to make another team ? can anyone help ?

Football Factory

Thanks the information has been really helpfull     :-*

danoz

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on April 01, 2013, 07:34:31 PM
Thanks the information has been really helpfull     :-*
Are you being sarcastic?  :o

Anyway, try just typing in

http://fanfooty.com.au/mrfootball/

that should get you there.

Football Factory

Yes i was being sarcastic .. gave up weeks ago cant be bothered with it now.. thanks anyway  :)

Dragon88

When will Mr Football be out of beta mode?

danoz

Monty, seems to be a bit of a bug at the moment. Having problems with the draft/delisting stage and also with list management, player selection is almost impossible to manage.

Delisting - sorting by value takes me to list management during the regular season

List management - won't allow me to change certain positions, and holds a memory of what it was before, but not what I want to change it to. Hard to explain.

SydneyRox

m0nty

I will get to this after a bunch of other stuff.

R.Griffen

m0nty

My plan of attack goes like this:

1. CricketFan live scoring... nearing completion, just some iteration (a.k.a. turd polishing) being done now
2. Media Street (news aggregation) - must be done ASAP, likely well before then since most of the code is already there, just needs to be updated... likely alpha by early Jan and gold by mid Jan
3. FanLeague - Must be done before preseason starts on Jan 31 and would be nice to have it up for official launch of NRL fantasy comps... alpha already done, gold some time in Jan
4. Training bloggers for FanLeague - shouldn't take too long, just write some documents... late Jan
5. Mr Football... not before February, and will probably want to plan a few weeks "off" to fight bugs and maybe rest a few days after a hectic offseason

So as you can see it's a long list, and Mr Football is at the bottom of it. Not by choice, but that's the way it has to be.

R.Griffen

Quote from: m0nty on December 28, 2014, 04:11:55 PM
My plan of attack goes like this:

1. CricketFan live scoring... nearing completion, just some iteration (a.k.a. turd polishing) being done now
2. Media Street (news aggregation) - must be done ASAP, likely well before then since most of the code is already there, just needs to be updated... likely alpha by early Jan and gold by mid Jan
3. FanLeague - Must be done before preseason starts on Jan 31 and would be nice to have it up for official launch of NRL fantasy comps... alpha already done, gold some time in Jan
4. Training bloggers for FanLeague - shouldn't take too long, just write some documents... late Jan
5. Mr Football... not before February, and will probably want to plan a few weeks "off" to fight bugs and maybe rest a few days after a hectic offseason

So as you can see it's a long list, and Mr Football is at the bottom of it. Not by choice, but that's the way it has to be.

Thanks for the update, just that I was after

m0nty

Update:

#1 and #2 are done, which is a good pace to be setting. Very pleased with myself on that score. Tomorrow I start work on #3.

danoz

Quote from: m0nty on January 07, 2015, 10:50:59 PM
Update:

#1 and #2 are done, which is a good pace to be setting. Very pleased with myself on that score. Tomorrow I start work on #3.
Just want you to know how much I love the work you do M0nty. You're a superstar, regardless of you being a Hawks supporter. As I've said previously, I'll be one of the first to buy the app if you ever take it that far. Aside from that, I can't wait for MrFootball to come back. One of my favourite pastimes.

m0nty

Update: #3 is mostly done, had a test run during the Auckland 9s a couple of weeks ago which went well, and I'm in the process of vetting a bunch of livebloggers which involved some of them doing a test run of their own, so #4 is well underway. At the moment I'm doing a few improvements across the network, like player profiles and some ad-related work to change the structure of some of the pages.

I will try to find some time this week to at least check all the functions and whatnot so that the beta version is up and running.