NBA Season 2018/19

Started by LaHug, July 03, 2018, 10:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawka

Quote from: R.Griffen on July 01, 2019, 04:53:21 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on July 01, 2019, 01:14:08 PM
76ers rolling out a lineup of Simmons, Richardson, Tobias, Horford, Embiid.  :o :o :o
Not hyped about this line up like most are, main issue is Simmons they can't win anything until he can shoot
Work in progress he will get there
Love for him to get a jumper this off season but if he brings the boomers a medal, il give him a break next season  ;)

JBs-Hawks

No Finals MVPs left at GSW  ;D

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Mat0369 on July 01, 2019, 11:52:32 PM
They apparently didn't even offer Jimmy Buckets 4 years let alone the 5 max. Brand is a clown. If you're going to let Butler walk because you're worried about how he is playing at 34 and 35, why the hell would you offer Al Horford 110 mill over 4 years at 33? He deserves to be fired.

Seems like you're in the minority on this

I'm seeing nothing but praise for Brand and the Sixers now - so many guys in the media tipping them to win the East already regardless of where Kawhi goes, and nothing but praise for the moves they pulled off

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 01, 2019, 05:26:27 PM
Knicks have lost the plot.  :o  Randle, Portis, Gibson and now Bullock.

And now they've just signed Wayne Ellington to a 2 year 16M deal lol

Mat0369

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 02, 2019, 01:35:40 AM

I'm seeing nothing but praise for Brand and the Sixers now - so many guys in the media tipping them to win the East already regardless of where Kawhi goes, and nothing but praise for the moves they pulled off

Thing is I'm not. 90% of Sixers fans are pissed as well. If they weren't going to give Butler his max, so be it, but the Horford signing is beyond ridiculous at his age and that's where the issue is. They needed an insurance policy and spot starter for Embiid, but 27 mill a year on Horford was not the answer.

Pacers have gotten better, Bucks are still good, Nets once KD gets back are better. If Leonard stays at the Raptors they're still better. Vegas actially had them drop to +1400 odds for the win. The Warriors have better odds at +1100

Mat0369

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 02, 2019, 02:13:20 AM

They have to hit the cap floor. A lot of these two year deals are basically so they have cap room in 2021 when there will be another legit FA class. Not offering KD the max was beyond stupid though

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Mat0369 on July 02, 2019, 04:08:43 AM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 02, 2019, 02:13:20 AM

They have to hit the cap floor. A lot of these two year deals are basically so they have cap room in 2021 when there will be another legit FA class. Not offering KD the max was beyond stupid though

Yeah I know, but as long as Dolan is there no star is going to come

He's destroyed the franchise, and the torch has been passed, Brooklyn is officially the number one side in NY now and the Knicks for the first time ever are not the big deal in that city

Having MSG and that stage doesn't mean enough now, they've finally been overtaken. Stephen A is on the money when he said all of this

Holz

Quote from: Mat0369 on July 02, 2019, 04:07:20 AM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 02, 2019, 01:35:40 AM

Thing is I'm not. 90% of Sixers fans are pissed as well. If they weren't going to give Butler his max, so be it, but the Horford signing is beyond ridiculous at his age and that's where the issue is. They needed an insurance policy and spot starter for Embiid, but 27 mill a year on Horford was not the answer.

Pacers have gotten better, Bucks are still good, Nets once KD gets back are better. If Leonard stays at the Raptors they're still better. Vegas actially had them drop to +1400 odds for the win. The Warriors have better odds at +1100

Philly no doubt is better next year with horford. They where building a dynasty though, the main postive thing you can say about this move is that horford could bring some maturity to the locker room.

As much as i like horford though its a bad contract he will be 36, 37 at the end of the deal eating up alot of cap space and thats when Philly should be in its prime.

I kinda feel he will be a drag on the organisation at the worst time.

jvalles69

They apparently didn't even offer Jimmy Buckets 4 years let alone the 5 max. Brand is a clown. If you're going to let Butler walk because you're worried about how he is playing at 34 and 35, why the hell would you offer Al Horford 110 mill over 4 years at 33? He deserves to be fired.

How do you know he wasn't causing immense headaches last season and that they just held it together?  I'm with Brand jumping off that rollercoaster, idea is to win now, look at a team like OKC who had a longer term plan and then Harden, Ibaka and KD all leave or get traded, you never know when your core is going to break.

As for New York and 2021, please, when's the last time their plans worked post the Ewing era?  All of a sudden they are going to sign a massive FA in 2021?  Maybe, but noone wants to go there, maybe Giannis.

Keeper27

Quote from: Holz on July 02, 2019, 10:18:17 AMAs much as i like horford though its a bad contract he will be 36, 37 at the end of the deal eating up alot of cap space and thats when Philly should be in its prime.

this is my exact problem with this deal.
They had the players lined up for a decent run for the next few years but now it seems that the team wont be as good in the coming years

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 02, 2019, 11:04:05 AM

How do you know he wasn't causing immense headaches last season and that they just held it together?  I'm with Brand jumping off that rollercoaster, idea is to win now, look at a team like OKC who had a longer term plan and then Harden, Ibaka and KD all leave or get traded, you never know when your core is going to break.

This, plenty of rumors going around that he was a problem at Wolves, and who's to say that there wont be anything coming out that he was a problem at the 6ers.

As for New York and 2021, please, when's the last time their plans worked post the Ewing era?  All of a sudden they are going to sign a massive FA in 2021?  Maybe, but noone wants to go there, maybe Giannis.

New York just keep sh!tting on their fans... it doesnt matter that they are a HUGE market, the organization is garbage.

Holz

I dont mind moving off butler. Realistically as long as they keep Simmons Embiid Harris together they will be fine.

Not sure this was ever a chance but i would have preffered say Bojan Bogdanovic four-year, $73 million deal,

Simmons Richardson Bogdanovic Harris Embiid

now JJ is old but that 2 year window looks strong. Bogdanovic is 30 but an elite shooter and would work alongside reddick.

with Richardson Bogdanovic and Harris out there on the wings they would create alot of space for JoJO and Ben.

all up i still really like the sixers i just prefer the above team.

RaisyDaisy

Just saw an old article where Butler was interviewed and the question was, what's the one piece of clothing you'd never wear? His answer, a Miami Heat jersey hahaha

Seth Curry to Dallas is a nice fit, and GSW have locked in Looney for 3 more years

As for Sixers, best defence in the league now? Would think so. Hopefully Ben can improve and Embiid can stay healthy

jvalles69

Quote from: Holz on July 02, 2019, 11:28:11 AM

I dont mind moving off butler. Realistically as long as they keep Simmons Embiid Harris together they will be fine.

Not sure this was ever a chance but i would have preffered say Bojan Bogdanovic four-year, $73 million deal,

now JJ is old but that 2 year window looks strong. Bogdanovic is 30 but an elite shooter and would work alongside reddick.

with Richardson Bogdanovic and Harris out there on the wings they would create alot of space for JoJO and Ben.

Reddick is gone, signed with NOLA.

Holz

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 02, 2019, 11:53:56 AM

i know but probably could have kept him if they went Bogdanovic over Horford given the price difference in the two.

jvalles69

Quote from: Holz on July 02, 2019, 11:55:47 AM
Quote from: jvalles69 on July 02, 2019, 11:53:56 AM

i know but probably could have kept him if they went Bogdanovic over Horford given the price difference in the two.

Gotcha, Horford will provide the high IQ at the PF position that Embiid was left to do and kinda failed at, now Horford can take over that role.