NBA Season 2018/19

Started by LaHug, July 03, 2018, 10:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 19, 2019, 11:56:32 PM
Does AD pass up 4M? Time will tell

I think he'll pass it up if he knows that Kawhi or Butler or even Kyrie/Kemba is coming but I don't think he gives it up without being certain it's for another star. LeBron, Rich Paul, and AD will be very much in the loop of all moves going forward, I'm sure of it. That said, I'm currently feeling a very very small chance of getting Kawhi right now but it's my dream scenario (obviously). Before LeBron came, I was in it for the long haul in developing the youth. I was watching every game of BI, Lonzo, Randle, Kuzma, DLo, etc. but now it's about win now. I just hope we don't screw this all up...

jvalles69

Quote from: LaHug on June 20, 2019, 12:51:50 PM

I think he'll pass it up if he knows that Kawhi or Butler or even Kyrie/Kemba is coming but I don't think he gives it up without being certain it's for another star. LeBron, Rich Paul, and AD will be very much in the loop of all moves going forward, I'm sure of it. That said, I'm currently feeling a very very small chance of getting Kawhi right now but it's my dream scenario (obviously). Before LeBron came, I was in it for the long haul in developing the youth. I was watching every game of BI, Lonzo, Randle, Kuzma, DLo, etc. but now it's about win now. I just hope we don't screw this all up...

If you do screw it up, you can always move onto NOLA, they are going to be fun to watch!  :P

LaHug

Quote from: jvalles69 on June 20, 2019, 01:28:29 PM

If you do screw it up, you can always move onto NOLA, they are going to be fun to watch!  :P

If Brooklyn gets Kyrie and gives up DLo to do it, and DLo signs with NOLA, I might genuinely have a second team for the first time in my sporting fandom life. Could you imagine the Lakers young core team + Zion + Pick 4 + Jrue as the key vet? What a team that'd be. (Highly doubt it happens for what it's worth.)

jvalles69

Quote from: LaHug on June 20, 2019, 01:54:54 PM

If Brooklyn gets Kyrie and gives up DLo to do it, and DLo signs with NOLA, I might genuinely have a second team for the first time in my sporting fandom life. Could you imagine the Lakers young core team + Zion + Pick 4 + Jrue as the key vet? What a team that'd be. (Highly doubt it happens for what it's worth.)

Sounds like Brooklyn might not be keen on Kyrie any more if he can't bring KD with him.

A back court of Lonzo and Jrue would be close to the best defensive back court in the game?  Feel like Ingram and Ball will breakout without having the constant pressure of Lebron breathing down their necks.  NOLA still need a ring defender when they go big, they should try and trade up to pick 3 to get RJ Barrett next to Zion again.

Money Shot

Strong reports coming out of Phoenix that Ricky Rubio is the man we want.

Don’t know why we wouldn’t be interested in DeAngelo Russell who I think fits our age demographic a lot better.

If we can get Rubio and not have to pay him too much I think he is a good get.

Holz

Quote from: jvalles69 on June 20, 2019, 02:07:24 PM

Sounds like Brooklyn might not be keen on Kyrie any more if he can't bring KD with him.

A back court of Lonzo and Jrue would be close to the best defensive back court in the game?  Feel like Ingram and Ball will breakout without having the constant pressure of Lebron breathing down their necks.  NOLA still need a ring defender when they go big, they should try and trade up to pick 3 to get RJ Barrett next to Zion again.

They need to be healthy i dont think Lebron was holding them back at all. Lebron would have been a great mentor to Ball he just never got on the floor enough.

jvalles69

Quote from: Holz on June 20, 2019, 05:02:39 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on June 20, 2019, 02:07:24 PM

They need to be healthy i dont think Lebron was holding them back at all. Lebron would have been a great mentor to Ball he just never got on the floor enough.

Not directly, but I'd say 100% his addition to the team would effect any young up and coming star in many possible ways.  There would always be pressure on a young player that making a mistake with Lebron in your team would be a big shadow hovering over them all the time.

LaHug

Reports coming out that Steve Ballmer has paid off the media to talk up the Clippers as a FA destination and, consequently, talk down key competitors (i.e. Lakers and Raptors). Would explain a lot of the shower Woj has been hurling at both franchises.

TomK

Quote from: LaHug on June 20, 2019, 08:36:58 PM
Reports coming out that Steve Ballmer has paid off the media to talk up the Clippers as a FA destination and, consequently, talk down key competitors (i.e. Lakers and Raptors). Would explain a lot of the shower Woj has been hurling at both franchises.
ooft

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Money Shot on June 20, 2019, 04:58:22 PM
Strong reports coming out of Phoenix that Ricky Rubio is the man we want.

Don’t know why we wouldn’t be interested in DeAngelo Russell who I think fits our age demographic a lot better.

If we can get Rubio and not have to pay him too much I think he is a good get.

Woj reporting that Indiana are looking to get Rubio

Phoenix have traded TJ Warren to Indiana, deal won't be finalised until the 6th

jvalles69

Surely we can have a Christmas Day Lakers vs Pelicans match-up, surely!  Please!

RaisyDaisy

So now that the Lakers have made space and have 32M it's being reported that Kawhi is a serious contender

Geez I hope this doesn't happen

I can't see it happening, but it's a real possibility now. Toronto, Clips and Lakers in a 3 horse race

People thought KD going to the Warriors was bad, this would be.... wow. It's different because Kawhi isn't chasing his first chip by jumping onto the best team like KD did - Kawhi has proven twice he can do it as the man, but sheesh this would be disastrous lol

Jay

RaisyDaisy

Not long now before the flood gates open

Sounding like Kemba to Boston and Kyrie to Brooklyn are near locked, and with Brooklyn getting Kyrie they're now happy to help D Russell get to a team of his choice, and that appears to be the Lakers who are keen too

KD and Kawhi have been in talks apparently too, about pairing up in the future and it looks like it would be either Clippers or Knicks

Plenty of other stuff going on, going to be hectic!

LaHug

I'd rather the Lakers get other players than DLo. I'd prefer Beverly or Danny Green and Seth Curry.