NBA Season 2018/19

Started by LaHug, July 03, 2018, 10:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 27, 2019, 11:22:47 AM
Quote from: jvalles69 on May 27, 2019, 05:23:41 AM
Warriors are meant to win, nothing special there, but Kawhi has a chance to become elite.  It's about time something special happened in the NBA, don't give me that warriors dynasty bullshower, they took the piss when they signed KD, then signed Demarcus.

They won 2015 without either of them, and just closed out Houston then swept Portland without both of them either

Of course they are a better side when those two are out there but I don't subscribe to those two putting an asterick on their achievements

GSW are 32-1 without KD, so they clearly ball well without him

No asterisk on any title, just boring seeing this team win everything, it's not their fault, but similar to Spurs when they were as boring as bat shower to watch, but were just better than everyone.  With or without KD, they hold that elite-ness over everyone.  Would be much better for basketball if Kawhi was to go to the next level, either way I see KD leaving next season and a whole reshuffle that should make things interesting.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: jvalles69 on May 27, 2019, 01:12:36 PM
Warriors are meant to win, nothing special there, but Kawhi has a chance to become elite.  It's about time something special happened in the NBA, don't give me that warriors dynasty bullshower, they took the piss when they signed KD, then signed Demarcus.

They won 2015 without either of them, and just closed out Houston then swept Portland without both of them either

Of course they are a better side when those two are out there but I don't subscribe to those two putting an asterick on their achievements

No asterisk on any title, just boring seeing this team win everything, it's not their fault, but similar to Spurs when they were as boring as bat shower to watch, but were just better than everyone.  With or without KD, they hold that elite-ness over everyone.  Would be much better for basketball if Kawhi was to go to the next level, either way I see KD leaving next season and a whole reshuffle that should make things interesting.

I agree, and I think next year is when you will get what you're after

KD will go for sure (he needs to have his own team and win finals to get the respect he wants and he knows that) and then the likes of AD, Kyrie and possibly even Kawhi will all be elsewhere so next year is shaping up to be very exciting

That said, even with Steph, Klay and Draymond GSW could still win it all next year too haha

jvalles69

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 27, 2019, 01:48:49 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on May 27, 2019, 01:12:36 PM

I agree, and I think next year is when you will get what you're after

KD will go for sure (he needs to have his own team and win finals to get the respect he wants and he knows that) and then the likes of AD, Kyrie and possibly even Kawhi will all be elsewhere so next year is shaping up to be very exciting

That said, even with Steph, Klay and Draymond GSW could still win it all next year too haha

Exactly, and I don't mind them winning it as much on a level playing field, they're an amazing team just with that lineup.

jvalles69

I'm all aboard the Raps bandwagon, toot toot! Let's go Kawhi "MJ" Leonard!

RaisyDaisy

jvalles69

LaHug

What a game from him! It's weird that it felt like GSW could still win it all the way until the end though. I'd still say they're favourites but let's go Raptors for Game 2.

RaisyDaisy

Let's see if Siakam can back it up though

He's had 1 big game each series so far and then gone quiet

Was a great game to watch live - crowd was huge - bring on Monday!

I can't see Toronto winning at Oracle twice so I still expect this going to 6 minimum

LaHug

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 31, 2019, 08:34:29 PM

I can't see Toronto winning at Oracle twice so I still expect this going to 6 minimum

That'd be 5 minimum. Finals are 2-2-1-1-1. Haven't been 2-3-2 in ages.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: LaHug on May 31, 2019, 08:52:31 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 31, 2019, 08:34:29 PM

That'd be 5 minimum. Finals are 2-2-1-1-1. Haven't been 2-3-2 in ages.

Well I expect GSW to win both at home in 3 and 4 hence 6 prediction

TomK

TomK

that start to the 3rd quarter gonna give me nightmares

RaisyDaisy

I suspect that this is the Toronto we are likely going to see for the majority of the series

We know Kawhi will deliver, but unless others really step up (ala Siakam Game 1) Raps can't beat GSW

Klay and Looney potentially missing now on top of KD - Raps won't get a better chance, but if guys like Gasol, Green, Lowry etc don't really step up then it's over

jvalles69

:'(

Kawhi has been only good so far, he's been slightly off IMO, only a matter of time till he has one of those unstoppable games.

VanVleet has been great, dumb foul by Lowry to get him out of the game.

3rd qtr killed Toronto, Draymond has been huge.

LaHug

Nurse's coaching was incredible to switch up that defence once Klay went down. They should've been able to steal that lead back but just couldn't hit a shot. Then Iggy happened...