Main Menu

From The Pavilion II

Started by m0nty, December 16, 2014, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Cheers PB!

I only got Kapugedera because he was an rf 19yo at the time and I figured it wouldn't kill me to keep him until I got a better fast bowler.

I'm working on training fielding for all players that aren't already cap fielders.

I'll get on to firing Ross and Pyke now, I don't use them anyway so that's probably best.

And I've been meaning to upgrade my senior academy because I figured that would help and make sense.

PowerBug

Nige

Quote from: PowerBug on April 30, 2015, 07:06:13 PM
What level is it at now?
It was inadequate, but I just upgraded it to reasonable.

A couple of the guys you linked might be out of reach since there are agents on them.

Also fired Ross and Pyke.

PowerBug

Quote from: Nige on April 30, 2015, 07:16:20 PM
What level is it at now?
Oh yeah definitely look at going further with that. Go to Excellent ("if money allows"), and leave the YA where it is.

Nige

Quote from: PowerBug on April 30, 2015, 07:24:02 PM
Quote from: Nige on April 30, 2015, 07:16:20 PM
What level is it at now?
Oh yeah definitely look at going further with that. Go to Excellent ("if money allows"), and leave the YA where it is.
Fair enough, will do!

Nige

Also found a 23yo exp/exp batter with finisher (and swing) talent(s). He's only at 3k and sells in just under 10 minds, I figured he'd be a good get.

PowerBug

Quote from: Nige on April 30, 2015, 07:43:05 PM
Also found a 23yo exp/exp batter with finisher (and swing) talent(s). He's only at 3k and sells in just under 10 minds, I figured he'd be a good get.
Yep so XP is his issue. To be honest with you though, when I started out (with both clubs) I ignored XP (I still ignore it now to a certain degree). So yes buy him the fielding and primaries are good, and a talent is perfect.

(However I would go out and have everyone in my team with ordinary XP at 23)

Nige

Quote from: PowerBug on April 30, 2015, 07:49:06 PM
Yep so XP is his issue. To be honest with you though, when I started out (with both clubs) I ignored XP (I still ignore it now to a certain degree). So yes buy him the fielding and primaries are good, and a talent is perfect.

What does XP influence?

PowerBug

Quote from: Nige on April 30, 2015, 07:53:00 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on April 30, 2015, 07:49:06 PM

What does XP influence?
Some people say it's the most important skill. I like to say it is but once you get spec XP I don't think any difference is noticeable moving up from that.

From the rules:
"Experience is a valuable attribute for all players"
"As a player gains in experience, his performances will improve, especially at the lower end of the scale. For example, there will be a more noticeable performance difference between an atrocious and dreadful experienced player than there will be between a reliable and accomplished experienced player."

Other things I've heard is that a player will do better under pressure. A batsman will farm the strike better.

But essentially the games that your squad will play should not require the use of everyone being a respectable level of XP for their age. Simply putting together a team full of accom/accom players with secondaries will get you to Div 3. It's progressing after that when you want the XP as it will make that vital difference.

Nige

Okay cool, thanks for that.

Nige

So I'm almost certain I overpaid, but I got Willie Du Plessis (the medium, bouncer) for $140k.

Means I can now fire Ishaq.

JBs-Hawks

Dunno what his skills are but a 3.3k waged 20yo medium shouldnt be going for over 10k.

Koop

Gearing up for my first Round 3 PC game this weekend. Got a ridiculously hard opponent but going to give it a shot. :p

Nige

Ended up getting that Seam Spec as well PB. Hoping to get the New Ball Bowler now as well.

Cookie311993

I'll be selling some players in the coming weeks if you newer fellas are interested