Would the real Jono O'Rourke please stand up?

Started by tor01doc, October 09, 2014, 12:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tor01doc

Who know what about this one?

Very high draft pick.

A few injuries.

Should we be pleased?

Ricochet

Interesting that Cal Twomey saying that not many clubs would have taken O'Rourke at #2 that year. GWS took him there to keep all three of the Vic boys (Whitfield #1, O'Rourke #2, Plowman #3) together to try and keep them at the club for the future.

Has had quite a few injuries (broken jaw and hammies) but talent is still there obviously.

kilbluff1985

he hasn't really shown anything nothing to be excited about but u might have got him cheap

elephants

Got him at basement value, can't be disappointed with that imo.

Jroo

Quote from: Ricochet on October 09, 2014, 12:18:57 PM
Interesting that Cal Twomey saying that not many clubs would have taken O'Rourke at #2 that year. GWS took him there to keep all three of the Vic boys (Whitfield #1, O'Rourke #2, Plowman #3) together to try and keep them at the club for the future.

Has had quite a few injuries (broken jaw and hammies) but talent is still there obviously.
Yeah no way, I remember having him go at around pick 8-12.

Yeah, but if he can stay fit, I'm sure the Hawks can get the best out of him.

Toga

Mr.Craig

I wouldn't say we got him dirt cheap. If he becomes something we'll look back on it as a steal, if not then it will really hurt.

I would have preferred the picks frankly. Just hope Graham has steered us in the right direction again and I'll have to eat my words.

meow meow

I didn't have him in the top 15 players in his draft crop when he was drafted and he's shown nothing to suggest that I was wrong. Don't be seduced by his draft history, he's not a pick 2.

TBH I would have rather kept pick 19 in this year's strong draft crop. If Cockatoo goes at pick 19 you boys will be taught a harsh lesson for many years to come.

tor01doc

henry

Yeah not sure about this one, obviously has talent but hasn't shown much at this level yet. Hopefully a change of scenery is good for him.

Scrads

meow meow

Quote from: tor01doc on October 09, 2014, 02:30:16 PM
meow meow yeah yeah  ::)  ::)

Quote from: meow meow on August 28, 2012, 11:30:18 PM
O'Rouke is a solid footballer, but he doesn't appear to have any outstanding attributes. He is good at pretty much everything, but not elite at anything.

Ziplock

Quote from: meow meow on October 30, 2014, 10:43:08 PM
Quote from: tor01doc on October 09, 2014, 02:30:16 PM
meow meow yeah yeah  ::)  ::)

Quote from: meow meow on August 28, 2012, 11:30:18 PM
O'Rouke is a solid footballer, but he doesn't appear to have any outstanding attributes. He is good at pretty much everything, but not elite at anything.