British xv's Vacant Coaching Position - Crosby Cruisers

Started by Ringo, September 30, 2014, 02:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Ossie has relinquished the coaching position of the Crosby Cruisers.

As per British xv rules i am now calling applications for the position of coach of the Crosby Cruisers. The Crosby Cruisers finished the season in equal 8th position but missed finals on %.

You are requested to provide an application in this thread detailing your experience and what you would do with this team. Team lists are limited to 45 and atm Cruisers have 39 listed players so have 6 picks available in the National and rookie drafts if this helps you with team ideas.

We are currently in a trading period and here is the current Cruisers list with trades and de-listings taken into consideration:
Travis Boak
Kurt Tippett
Nathan Jones
Dale Thomas
Dylan Shiel
Devon Smith
Mitch Robinson
David Hale
Robert Warnock
Jack Martin
Allen Christensen
Jarrad Waite
Ryan Harwood
Mike Pyke
Cale Hooker
Aidan Riley
Curtly Hampton
Travis Colyer
Luke Delaney
Nick Suban
Phil Davis
Simon White
Daniel Gorringe
Jackson Paine
Jackson Ramsay
Jordan Murdoch
Taylor Hine
Dean Terlich
Brandon Jack
Kane Mitchell
Jamie Macmillan
Mitchell Grigg
Jarman Impey
Mason Shaw
Mason Wood
Sam Grimley
Tom Bell
Tom Clurey
Ben Ross

Here is the link to British XV Rules
http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,70282.0.html

Please feel free to PM me if you want any more information or clarification.

Applications will close at midnight on Sunday 5th October with applications to be posted in this thread

Vinny

Memphistopheles

Steins boss turns down Crosby job

BREAKING: The former assistant coach of the Crosby Cruisers has been forced to deny rumours linking him to the vacant Head Coach position at the club following Ossie85's departure.

Staines Steins manager Memphistopheles said while he was flattered to be linked to the coaching post of a team with such history he still had a job to do at his current club.

"I am committed to overseeing the Staines Steins revival and I am here for the long haul," he told Staines FC TV on Tuesday afternoon.

"I knew it was going to be a long process to make the Steins competitive which started with an aggressive list overhaul this off-season.

"We have already moved on a number of players and brought some real young quality in to our club which we hope will hold us in good stead for the future.

"I will not rest until the Staines are on track to challenge the big guns of the British XVs for the premiership - no matter how long that may take," he said.

Memphistopheles refusal to be linked to the head coach position at the Cruisers means PK is now in the box seat to become Crosby's new head honcho.

He was priced as short as $1.15 favourites on Sportsbet.com.au on Tuesday afternoon with the betting company still offering odds on Memphistopheles of $5.60 with a mystery outsider R Roberts a $10.90 long shot.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 30, 2014, 04:15:47 PM
Steins boss turns down Crosby job

BREAKING: The former assistant coach of the Crosby Cruisers has been forced to deny rumours linking him to the vacant Head Coach position at the club following Ossie85's departure.

Staines Steins manager Memphistopheles said while he was flattered to be linked to the coaching post of a team with such history he still had a job to do at his current club.

"I am committed to overseeing the Staines Steins revival and I am here for the long haul," he told Staines FC TV on Tuesday afternoon.

"I knew it was going to be a long process to make the Steins competitive which started with an aggressive list overhaul this off-season.

"We have already moved on a number of players and brought some real young quality in to our club which we hope will hold us in good stead for the future.

"I will not rest until the Staines are on track to challenge the big guns of the British XVs for the premiership - no matter how long that may take," he said.

Memphistopheles refusal to be linked to the head coach position at the Cruisers means PK is now in the box seat to become Crosby's new head honcho.

He was priced as short as $1.15 favourites on Sportsbet.com.au on Tuesday afternoon with the betting company still offering odds on Memphistopheles of $5.60 with a mystery outsider R Roberts a $10.90 long shot.

Nice little story! Hope i'm paying enough for you to make money off me  :P

I'll do my application tonight. Going out for dinner tonight (Which I completely forgot about...)so i'll be home by 9pm and hopefully have my application up before 10pm.

Pkbaldy

Hello all, I Pkbaldy would love to apply for the Senior Coaching role at the BXV team; Crosby Cruisers. Under recommendation of Ossie I offer my services to take over this role for the 2015 Season and hopefully beyond. I would try to finish what Ossie started, push that team into the top 8 and challenge the top sides with all i've got.

If I get this role, I won't be changing too much. I see plenty of potential in this list, but if I decided I was going to trade, I would be aggressive. With a few nice changes I can see the team Ossie has built turn into a top 4 side. I have a good range of knowledge for current players, but my specialty would be draftees. Just got a knack of knowing who are going to be stand out players before they play a single AFL game.

I don't have the greatest experience in XVs, as I didn't first get into a team until about a week ago. But i've learnt a fair few things over the past week from Nigel, and he has given me a good little run down at how the XVs run. So I am a rookie coach, but I hope you can accept me into the BXV family and be given the top job at this great team.

This is my current XV team, not to much is put into it so far as the season is no where near starting yet;

Defenders: Hardwood, Hooker,Hampton,Davis
Midfielders: NJones, Boak, Shiel,D.Thomas
Ruck:Pyke
Forwards:Waite,D.Smith, Tippett, Robinson
Utilities: Christensen, JMartin

Thank you all, Pkbaldy.

Nails

To be honest I'm more inclined to vote for coaches applying in BXV and WXV

If you really want a team you'd take one in any comp. Clearly those who already own a BXV team are exempt, but yeah.

Ringo

We only have the one applicant.

Does anyone have any objections to Pkbaldy taking over the Crosby Cruisers.  If so PM me prior to confirmation.

Rusty00

Quote from: Ringo on October 06, 2014, 09:05:07 AM
We only have the one applicant.

Does anyone have any objections to Pkbaldy taking over the Crosby Cruisers.  If so PM me prior to confirmation.
No objection from me :)

Memphistopheles

Nope - let him in so he can trade us all his good players :P

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Memphistopheles on October 06, 2014, 01:28:25 PM

First trade; Simon White for Pick 1 ;)

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 06, 2014, 02:49:16 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on October 06, 2014, 01:28:25 PM

First trade; Simon White for Pick 1 ;)

Throw in Martin, Shiel and Smith and you have deal :P

Ringo

Good evening all coaches.

I am now happy to confirm Pkbaldy as the coach of the Crosby Cruisers, Welcome to the coaching ranks and you can now formally start refining your list.

Welcome to the coaching ranks in British xv's PK

Vinny

Nige

Justin Bieber