JBs-Hawks

Hes not going to port keep dreaming!

Grazz

powersuperkents

Quote from: Grazz on November 12, 2014, 07:36:06 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 12, 2014, 07:30:20 PM
Hes not going to port keep dreaming!

Family wouldn't allow it haha.
Forgot he was a Norwood player  :-\ Have any Norwood players ever played for PAFC? Surely money is more important than minor league rivalry (the SANFL is insignificant compared to the AFL)

JBs-Hawks

powersuperkents

Jonas is the only Power player from Norwood and he was rookie drafted (obviously not in high demand at the time of his selection - not like the potential demand for Aish). I didn't think the rivalry was that serious  :o

Grazz

Ringo

Personally I reckon he will re-sign with us sooner rather than later due to the friendships formed with the 7 draftees taken in last year.

To be fair Brisbane has effectively done 2 years drafting with last years draft picks all working out OK and this years draft.

This will look good in any team Aish, Taylor, Gardiner, McStay, Freeman, Cutler, Nick Robertson who have all games during the season and then adding Beams, Christensen and Robinson is a pretty sound return imo.

Hopefully another Rockliff or Black will slip to 67 our first live pick.

Grazz

Yeh im just wishful thinking out aloud mate. ;)

powersuperkents

Yeah I agree, I'd say I'm 99% certain Aish will stay. Normally it is obvious when a player wants to leave (or there is an evident lack of opportunities). Aish doesn't look upset and he plays just about every game. No reason to leave, but the contract delays raise suspicion. But that's probably because it'll take a little longer to negotiate the contract value (he deserves higher pay than the other rookies - also he needs to be paid more or he will suspect that he's being overlooked due to the Beams, Christensen & Robinson inclusion). He'll resign soon, when Brisbane offer him the right price. 

If I had to bet, I'd confidently bet that he'll extend his contract. Too much trouble to move if a player doesn't have a good reason

nrich102

Aish will never be a second Polec.

'Why?' You ask

Because Aish is a good player ;)

Toga

Lol nrich I think your Qld heart blinds you a little bit ;)

nrich102

I think Yeo is a good player. I think Docherty is a good player. I think Longer has a shower load of potential ;)

Polec is overrated by most people.

Toga

Haha fair enough bud, I for one thought Polec had a very good season ;)

powersuperkents

Quote from: nrich102 on November 12, 2014, 10:13:19 PM
I think Yeo is a good player. I think Docherty is a good player. I think Longer has a shower load of potential ;)

Polec is overrated by most people.
Don't really know how exactly he is overrated hahaha

I think he is regarded as he should be hahaha (didn't even make Port's top 10 in the B&F - if he was overrated he would have)

He's higher regarded (and so far better) than Yeo, Docherty & Longer and was the highest profile transfer out of the homesick 5. So of course he would get more attention. I think at the most people just regard him as a prospect who has proven his legitimacy so far  :)