Main Menu

The Richmond Off-Season Megathread

Started by Nige, September 09, 2014, 07:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Jaryd Cachia's gonna be playing for our VFL side in 2015.

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: Nige on December 16, 2014, 06:47:16 PM
Is that the ex blues guy?

Nige

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: Nige on December 16, 2014, 11:42:17 PM
Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on December 16, 2014, 11:35:59 PM
Is that the ex blues guy?
Yep.
Should turn out to be a decent pick up, hopefully he can use the little experience at AFL level to good use.

Ricochet

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-12-17/new-tiger-under-knife?utm_medium=RSS

COREY Ellis is expected to resume training in January, despite Richmond's first pick at last month's NAB AFL Draft needing foot surgery this week.

The No.12 pick missed the end of the TAC Cup season with a stress fracture in his foot, which also saw him sit out testing at the NAB AFL Draft Combine.

He was out of his protective moonboot in the lead-up to the draft and began jogging gradually, but was under advice from his surgeon that if any soreness persisted he may require an operation.

The club said the 18-year-old was not expected to be sidelined for long after Friday's procedure.

"In consultation with our medical team, we have decided that the best course of action is for Corey to have minor surgery on his foot," Richmond's football manager, Dan Richardson, told the club's website.

"We were fully aware of Corey's condition when we drafted him, and that a procedure might be required at some stage. While he will not be rushed back into full training, we expect a full recovery early in 2015."

The Tigers targeted Ellis for his class, decision-making and poise in the midfield after a consistent season with the Western Jets and Vic Metro at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships.

Kellogscrunchynut

Hope it doesn't become a recurring issue for him, perhaps he would have gone higher in the draft if he hadn't of injured his foot.

Whats the deal with Nathan Drummond I've noticed a few people putting him in their fantasy sides is he likely to get early games?

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on December 17, 2014, 11:34:46 AM
Hope it doesn't become a recurring issue for him, perhaps he would have gone higher in the draft if he hadn't of injured his foot.

Whats the deal with Nathan Drummond I've noticed a few people putting him in their fantasy sides is he likely to get early games?

I guess it's because he is a year older and probably has the body to start. Don't think that he will. But you never know.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Pkbaldy on December 17, 2014, 01:28:20 PM

I guess it's because he is a year older and probably has the body to start. Don't think that he will. But you never know.

ball magnet

Bully

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 17, 2014, 04:02:45 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on December 17, 2014, 01:28:20 PM

ball magnet

He also shanks the ball a lot, definitely not the best decision maker out there, Neal-Bullen should be a lock for everyone.

Bully

Some interesting tidbits from the Club 80 function, we were torn on the Ellis/Laverde decision and selected Ellis due to superior disposal. Menadue was rated in the top 20 and we were stoked he was available, Neal-Bullen was rated extremely high and was a very close second to Conner. Reece McKenzie slid due to personality issues but has been likened to Stewart Loewe, Lambert has impressed everyone since being a Tiger and should do very well, Short has also impressed with his attitude and was rated alongside Ahern leading into the season, he then suffered a broken jaw and missed selection for Vic Metro. Taylor Hunt was a little withdrawn, hopefully adjusts to the new environment sooner rather than later.

Mat0369

Boo

Guy is a pretty good player, he can butcher the ball at times but he can find the pill and is very good defensively. I was pretty pissed we let him go

Nige

We're going into 2015 with dual vice captains with Ivan joining Lids as Cotch's deputies.

quinny88

Quote from: Nige on January 12, 2015, 05:27:22 PM
We're going into 2015 with dual vice captains with Ivan joining Lids as Cotch's deputies.

Great career turn around for the big fella. Glad we took a chance on him and well deserved role as VC

Jroo

Yeah good choice, reckon Ivan will be a great leader.