Main Menu

The Richmond Off-Season Megathread

Started by Nige, September 09, 2014, 07:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Quote from: shaker on November 19, 2014, 07:26:05 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on November 19, 2014, 07:19:38 PM
So we all think a mid?
Sort of took what Gale said more as we will go after a certain player to fill a position. Can never have enough gun mids though I guess but maybe a forward would be on the radar? Hawkins is a FA next year ;)

Hawkins is a bit like Cloke inconsistent don't know if I would like to be paying mega bucks for him we are already forking out $700k for Jack , Dangerfield is showing all the signs he is leaving but there will be a bidding war for him he might even end up the highest paid player .

Hawkins is a hell of a lot better and more consistent than cloke but yeah I know what you mean.

I think a lot more will be revealed during this year as to what position we need to fill.
If one of Vickery or Grifiths can have a massive breakout year then the need for a forward will be solved

Mailman the 2nd

I think Hawkins is probably already on mega bucks at Geelong so you'd need a big long term deal to get him

quinny88

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on November 19, 2014, 08:37:44 PM
I think Hawkins is probably already on mega bucks at Geelong so you'd need a big long term deal to get him

Yeah I don't think he would leave anyway was just throwing it out there.
If were gonna throw big money at someone I would rather it be Dangerfield

Grazz

Quote from: quinny88 on November 19, 2014, 08:51:23 PM

quinny88

Quote from: Grazz on November 19, 2014, 09:21:26 PM

Or Sloane I'm not picky  8)

shaker

If Danger does move on there is going to be frenzy on him he may well end up to expensive , maybe we would be better off chasing Treloar or Shiel

Grazz

Quote from: quinny88 on November 19, 2014, 09:22:59 PM
Quote from: Grazz on November 19, 2014, 09:21:26 PM

Or Sloane I'm not picky  8)

Used to like you people.  :(

Bully

Jake Lever has suddenly come into the picture, if he's available I think we'll pounce.

Nige

Quote from: Bully on November 19, 2014, 10:19:39 PM
Jake Lever has suddenly come into the picture, if he's available I think we'll pounce.
At 12, surely not?  :o

I'd still like Weller, but I reckon we should certainly take him if available, he's a top 10 player in this pool.

Bully

Quote from: Nige on November 19, 2014, 10:25:38 PM
Quote from: Bully on November 19, 2014, 10:19:39 PM
At 12, surely not?  :o

I'd still like Weller, but I reckon we should certainly take him if available, he's a top 10 player in this pool.

Lever was a star last year, plays like Mundy and could feasibly move into the midfield. With guys like Bonti coming to the fore, tall runners are becoming much more viable. He's not the quickest but he reads the play beautifully, super high footballing IQ. We have to call his name if available.

quinny88

The club made a profit of 1.3 million dollars this year. That's the 10th year in a row we've made a profit.
Add to that the fact that it's only November and we already have over 36,000 members.
Just need it to translate onto the field now 8)

Nige

Choco has reportedly been diagnosed with lymphoma. :(

Wishing him and his family all the best in his fight.

T Dog

Quote from: Nige on November 23, 2014, 07:06:34 PM
Choco has reportedly been diagnosed with lymphoma. :(

Wishing him and his family all the best in his fight.

A nasty diagnosis sadly...I am with you big Nige

Kellogscrunchynut

Just saw that on Facebook hope he can make a recovery.

Toga

All the best to Choco & family, some unfortunate news :(