Main Menu

The Richmond Off-Season Megathread

Started by Nige, September 09, 2014, 07:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

Quote from: Nige on October 08, 2014, 04:10:56 PM
Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on October 08, 2014, 04:03:28 PM
Can we get Winderlich with free agency?
Yep. He should have been a free agent this year but had a clause in his contract to trigger a third year which would be 2015 a bit like Nick Dal Santo at the Saints. 

However, if Essendon release him from his contract like the Saints did with NDS we could sign him as a free agent and the Bombers would probably get a compo pick.

Would they actually get a compo pick though? Or would his contract be similar to Waite's?

Nige

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 08, 2014, 04:24:09 PM
Quote from: Nige on October 08, 2014, 04:10:56 PM
Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on October 08, 2014, 04:03:28 PM
Can we get Winderlich with free agency?
Yep. He should have been a free agent this year but had a clause in his contract to trigger a third year which would be 2015 a bit like Nick Dal Santo at the Saints. 

However, if Essendon release him from his contract like the Saints did with NDS we could sign him as a free agent and the Bombers would probably get a compo pick.

Would they actually get a compo pick though? Or would his contract be similar to Waite's?
Not sure. I can definitely see the likeness between this situation at the Dal Santo one. Waite's like 32, Licka is 29 which would probably help Essendon's case. Might fetch a second or third round pick if Higgins got a second round pick.

Toga

Think they would get a third rounder at best for him, although it would depend on contract length and size obviously

Kellogscrunchynut

Jroo

flowering Licka.
@barrettdamian: Bombers have managed to talk Winderlich into a 180. Now looking at staying, after telling club two weeks ago he was out @traderadio

Nige

Bugger, hoping Knights can get and stay fit.

Nige

Reports Dahlhaus might be wanting out too from Barrett, do we make a play?  :o

Ricochet

Quote from: Nige on October 10, 2014, 03:27:11 PM
you'd be silly not to.

Throw up a key fwd?

Jroo

Quote from: Ricochet on October 10, 2014, 03:27:45 PM
you'd be silly not to.

Throw up a key fwd?
Dogs would be keen on Griff or Tyrone, but they singed deals this year, so won't be traded.
Highly unlikely that we'll get him across.

Nige

you'd be silly not to.

Throw up a key fwd?
The club isn't interested in trading a tall apparently. I can't imagine Jack, Ty, Griff or Beanie going.

If anyone, Elton maybe, but he hasn't shown much and I doubt the Dogs would want him.

Ricochet

Quote from: JROO8 on October 10, 2014, 03:29:11 PM
you'd be silly not to.

Throw up a key fwd?
Dogs would be keen on Griff or Tyrone, but they singed deals this year, so won't be traded.
Highly unlikely that we'll get him across.
Doesn't mean much these days :P

Toga

We would be crazy not to go after Dahlhaus if he is not happy, could really use a small fwd like him especially if Winderlich is staying at Essendon..

I know Vickery signed a deal this season but he could still be used as trade bait, happy enough to hang on to him though ;)

Toga

Apparently a Tigerland trade bomb coming through shortly... :o

Toga

Wow! That's a bit out of the blue!

Wouldn't complain with that, although I thought we might've been looking to hang on to our early draft picks this year