Preliminary Final Hawks vs Port Discussion

Started by Mr.Craig, September 05, 2014, 11:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

Yeah, I liked Duryea too.

Breust continues to be flat, 3 goals in the last 4 games. At least he laid some tackles tonight but that was about it.

Grazz

GM

Grazz

Quote from: GM on September 20, 2014, 11:04:16 PM
Quote from: Grazz on September 20, 2014, 10:59:50 PM
Roughy was huge.
The difference in the end.

He possibly was mate, i mean you gotta get it down there but he certainly made the most of his opportunities with 6.2 when he got a hold of it, match winning game by him no question.

henry

Yeah roughy was outstanding. At the ground i was having a heart attack lol. There were port supporters leaving the ground 10 mins into the last quarter when we were up by 5 goals and i was shaking my head at them, they were more confident then i was.

This may be harsh, considering we're through to the granny but setting high standards, we were poor. We should not have won, we should have been 6 goals down at quarter time. We definitely played well in patches, but in general i thought our tackling in particular was really ordinary, far too many of them didn't stick. I thought we were out marked too often too where we should have contest, particularly in the last quarter. On the positives though i thought suckling was a good in  and deserves to keep his spot.  Langford and duryea really stood up, hodge played a captains game and roughead was beyond words.

looking forward to sydeny, we will definitely have to play better to win. For me this has the same signs as 2012, where we scraped by Adelaide in the prelim but didn't play well, hopefully this time its a different result

Rusty00

Quote from: henry on September 21, 2014, 12:43:41 AM
This may be harsh, considering we're through to the granny but setting high standards, we were poor. We should not have won, we should have been 6 goals down at quarter time. We definitely played well in patches, but in general i thought our tackling in particular was really ordinary, far too many of them didn't stick. I thought we were out marked too often too where we should have contest, particularly in the last quarter. On the positives though i thought suckling was a good in  and deserves to keep his spot.  Langford and duryea really stood up, hodge played a captains game and roughead was huge
Not harsh mate, way too many missed tackles, particularly early, and so many times we kicked down the line in the last quarter to 1 or more of Hale, Ceglar or Spangher and they couldn't even get it out of bounds for a stoppage.

I also was having a heart attack at the ground ;)

JBs-Hawks

I left to drive to footy presentations when we were 28 points up. Safe to say it wasnt a very enjoyable car ride. Especially having to listen to Brayshaw and Lyon commentate/barrack on triple m that was painful in itself.

Mailman the 2nd

Watching the game I thought Roughead and Hill were the only ones keeping the Hawks in it in the first half or so. Hodge and Mitchell made some really uncharacteristically poor errors in the beginning and the Hawks just seemed so slow with their decision making. 

Mr.Craig

Wasn't even aware Shiels was off with a busted nose. So we were down him and Lewis in the end, that wouldn't have helped.