Preliminary Final Hawks vs Port Discussion

Started by Mr.Craig, September 05, 2014, 11:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

Awesome to be in another prelim.  8) Some thoughts from the Geelong game...

Cegs didn't have the best of games, I think Big Boy might be a sniff to get in if he fires again for Box Hill next week.

Simpkin isn't the right sub in my opinion. I know he has experience on his side, but he just gets caught so often and has to rush his decisions because of his lack of pace.

I'm hoping Duryea holds his spot, you can't fault his endeavour, he's like our backline Poppy.

Cyril is such a tough one. It's impossible to not pick him if he's fit but it could just as easily backfire.  :-\ Maybe he could come in as the sub at the expense of Simpkin...?

henry

Yeah was thinking that about Cyril, with the amount of games hes missed i think his biggest impact could be as sub. Of course though there's always the risk of the early injury. Youd think suckling would be fit to come back in, but not sure who for.

My Chumps

I'd imagine Cyril would be a UNREAL sub to come on late in the third.

JBs-Hawks

Yep was thinking Cyril for Simpkin and then play both Cegs and Big Boy for Box Hill next week and give whoever plays better the spot in the prelim.

Also think Duryea made it very hard for Suckling to get back in after a cracker last night.

Although might make way for Shoey in the gf if we play Sydneys talls.

Mr.Craig

Game has been confirmed for the Saturday.

kilbluff1985

VFL team Williamstown is heading to the AFL Victoria Appeals Board tonight, to make sure that Hawthorn ruckman Ben McEvoy does not play in this week's preliminary final match.
McEvoy played a big part in Box Hill's win over ladder leaders Port Melbourne in week one.
The rules state that AFL listed players must play six or more VFL games unless granted permission. McEvoy, as well as Ryan Schoenmakers have both played five and were granted permission by the VFL to play.

JBs-Hawks

Scrads

Hawthorn still being in the finals should be enough of a reason to allow them to play, as they would want the chance to try and win themselves a spot. It would be totally different if they were Essendon players for example, where really they would only be playing for the sake of playing in a VFL flag side if they could.

Mr.Craig

Port aye? Going to be a corker.

Last time we played in the final I was at the game and it was a thriller - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnGBiNpoMy4

Ziplock

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 08, 2014, 01:21:43 PM
VFL team Williamstown is heading to the AFL Victoria Appeals Board tonight, to make sure that Hawthorn ruckman Ben McEvoy does not play in this week's preliminary final match.
McEvoy played a big part in Box Hill's win over ladder leaders Port Melbourne in week one.
The rules state that AFL listed players must play six or more VFL games unless granted permission. McEvoy, as well as Ryan Schoenmakers have both played five and were granted permission by the VFL to play.

I can see why williamstown is contesting it.

That being said, the appeals board is going to be like-  the AFL finals series is more important. STFU.

Which is completely fair as well :P

Mr.Craig

They lost the appeal. Game is being played right now. Williamstown up by a point.

Mr.Craig

Mat0369

Mr.Craig

Got up by 7 and Paige had a dummy spit on Twitter. What a sook.

Mat0369

Who?

Big Boy was best on in the 2nd half, he just dominated. Meese did a good job in the 1st quarter of nullifying him in the ruck but Big Boy started to rack it up around the ground. Marcon was best on for Williamstown in the first 3 quarters but was unsighted late.