Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Holz on October 15, 2016, 11:01:47 AM
Quote from: enzedder on October 15, 2016, 06:20:39 AM
Probably missing someone but North 2017 will be without Boomer, Dal Santo, Petrie, Firrito, Wells and potentially Goldy and are looking at sliding south quickly. Essendon on the other hand will be with a few extras in 2017 and have fast tracked their list. Essendon should fare better next year for mine. Goldy going is a disaster.

First up i think Goldy will stay.

People cant dispute that North got hit very very hard by injuries and never recovered. The team was undefeated then just lost a few close games to the top teams with key players out then completely lost it.

A healthy Mason Wood will be a big big in.
Higgins missed round 8 onwards
Ben Jacobs missed round 8 onwards and not sure if he plays but he was an elite tagger in the 15 finals
Luke Mcdonald missed pretty much round 11 onwards
Sam Wright missed round 11 onwards
Lachy Hansen was unhealthy pretty much all of the year.

Kayne Turner, Jed Anderson and Taylor Garner all missed loads of games and if just 2 are healthy they will compete for the role to replace boomer.

Petrie was a shell of himself so no loss, Firrito was a solid player but no star

Boomer NDS Wells of course are big losses

but there are injured players as i said coming in

North are cooked.

Purple 77

DazBurg

i said this on chat last night

(no sources nothing just saying)

wouldn't surprise me for hawks to send lewis to demons
then go and get Goldy :P

(p.s no idea how'd they 'd manage it trade wise etc just saying could see them doing it...haha)

Ricochet

Hamling has decided to join Freo ;D

Big Mac

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 15, 2016, 11:07:46 AM
Speaking of which, a bit of talk at Demonland saying Aaron Vandenberg has attracted some interest this trade period. But that rumour has much less credibility IMO

Wouldn't be the biggest loss

But he could be a very good half forward if he gets a bit of consistency in his game

Gandalf123

Ole freo gettin a little bit done

powersuperkents

Quote from: enzedder on October 15, 2016, 06:29:23 AM
As for the Saints Hawks pick swaps I cannot believe that some think Hawthorn won in that exchange. St.Kilda saw the Hawks were desperate and swooped in for the taking.
St.Kilda gave up one 1st round pick & one 4th round pick for one 1st round pick & two 2nd round picks.
Killing it so far.
+1

What I've noticed is that the Saints like to mitigate risk

I.e. rather than invest in one youngster (pick 10) they are investing in multiple youngsters (draft busts are common in AFL as well).

Hawks don't care about draft picks at this point in the club's cycle, Saints are making the right decision going potential quantity over potential quality. You should only aim for a top 5 pick if it's for a kpp, an obviously dominant mid or a unique type of player. Other than that, the more 1st & 2nd round picks, the better.

TomK

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 15, 2016, 11:03:26 AM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 15, 2016, 10:39:57 AM
Listening to Fev this morning on the radio, and his source is someone deep in hawthorn

Says Lewis is absolutely filthy that they all took pay cuts for years and now Titch, Vickery and JOM are getting what they're getting

Titch 650k, Vickery 500k and JOM 450k but back ended big

Says Lewis 100% wants out, and wants to be at Melbourne, and it will happen next week

:-X

Been reading Demonland basically non-stop for the past 24 hours, and credible users on that site that have "sources" (have been right on every single one of our list decisions so far this year in advance)  within the club, are saying the same thing.

I think I'm now starting to REALLY like the idea of Lewis at Melbourne
Why couldn't you guys have taken Scott Thompson instead :P :-[

Purple 77

Quote from: TomK on October 15, 2016, 01:19:10 PM
Listening to Fev this morning on the radio, and his source is someone deep in hawthorn

Says Lewis is absolutely filthy that they all took pay cuts for years and now Titch, Vickery and JOM are getting what they're getting

Says Lewis 100% wants out, and wants to be at Melbourne, and it will happen next week

Been reading Demonland basically non-stop for the past 24 hours, and credible users on that site that have "sources" (have been right on every single one of our list decisions so far this year in advance)  within the club, are saying the same thing.

It wasn't through a lack of trying :P you guys wouldn't let him go!  ;)

TomK

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 15, 2016, 02:11:00 PM
Quote from: TomK on October 15, 2016, 01:19:10 PM

It wasn't through a lack of trying :P you guys wouldn't let him go!  ;)
flowering Adelaide :P

Purple 77

Lol, I know each time I say this, it loses more meaning.

BUT! On Demonland, a poster whose posted 1000+ posts and has a good reputation from other posters, just said this:

QuoteAbsolute can not believe the news I've got this morning.

Brisbane and Melbourne have agreed on handshake that rockliff will come to Melbourne for Dunn. We will give our first rounder for next year to Brisbane (which we bank on being 9-13) for Brisbane priority pick this year (19) as well as turning our second round pick (29) into a pick in mid 30s, which Brisbane are trying to get their hands on before end of trade week.

This is also delaying the Hibberd deal.

Brisbane will pay a portion of the salary. The only things holding this deal up are Brisbane not having a mid 30s pick yet, and rockliff not having results from a medical back yet.

Melbourne in- rockliff, end of round 1 pick (19); mid 30s pick.

Out, Dunn, 2017 Rd 1 pick (9-13) 2016 Rd 2 pick) 29

Source- both the new Brisbane football operations manager; and my uncle, fitzroy great, Brisbane scout and father of current afl captain. Oh and for any sceptics which I'm sure there are, this is out of the mouth of both.

Well, this fits in with delaying the Hibberd deal. There was a reason it was getting delayed, and it sure as hell has got nothing to do with Jordan Lewis IMO.

Eh. Take it with a grain of salt. I don't REALLY believe this one, but interesting all the same

Purple 77

I'm mentioning these rumours from Demonland now, because they did catch on to Lewis on Monday morning, days before it got to the media, and I didn't believe it so I didn't say anything :P. But funnily enough, they do get most things right. Well, these particular posters at least.

TomK

Rockliff and Lewis! Wow, watch out for the Dees if it happens! Although I didn't think they were lacking in the middle.

fanTCfool

Rockliff, Lewis, Jones, Viney and the #1 Ruck in the Comp?  :o

meow meow