Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lachie_001

Quote from: Vinny on October 12, 2016, 06:46:52 PM
Haha pretty simple, if Adelaide want him, they pay up for what SOS wants. If not, he stays!
Then he stays because in our opinion pick 13 and Lyons is already overs. Mitchell is worth 14, and is younger and a better player than Gibbs, so Gibbs should really be worth pick 19, if he was out of contract. But he is contracted so pick 13 alone should balance that out. But we aren't going to be held to ransom by Carlton.

elephants

Vinny

Quote from: TomK on October 12, 2016, 06:54:41 PM
Haha pretty simple, if Adelaide want him, they pay up for what SOS wants. If not, he stays!
Lol not really. He's already asked for Lever, Crouch x2, Cameron, McGovern along with pick 13 and we've said no everytime and rightly so. Don't forget they're all contracted, we all know how much that means, plus they don't want to go to Carlton either. We will get Gibbs for pick 13 and whatever else, probably a second rounder we get for Lyons.
Apparently, Adelaide offered Pick 13 and Cameron and we said no and asked for Lever. SOS walked out of the room laughing after a bit more discussion. Not sure how much truth in that.

To be honest, I'd be happy for him to stay but like I said we are completely entitled to play hard ball.

GoLions

Quote from: elephants on October 12, 2016, 06:59:14 PM
Don't stop.

Not until I've gotten enough.

Also, Rock With You just came up on my spotify, oh what could have been...

fanTCfool

Hawthorn get Tom Mitchell for Pick 14 and chips, want Pick 12 from WCE for Sam Mitchell  ::)

shaker

Maybe but unhappy wife = unhappy player he will get to the Crows he does not want to be there for 3 more years the Blues will take pick 13 and maybe an exchange of picks or a spud

TomK

Quote from: Vinny on October 12, 2016, 07:00:04 PM
Quote from: TomK on October 12, 2016, 06:54:41 PM
Lol not really. He's already asked for Lever, Crouch x2, Cameron, McGovern along with pick 13 and we've said no everytime and rightly so. Don't forget they're all contracted, we all know how much that means, plus they don't want to go to Carlton either. We will get Gibbs for pick 13 and whatever else, probably a second rounder we get for Lyons.
Apparently, Adelaide offered Pick 13 and Cameron and we said no and asked for Lever. SOS walked out of the room laughing after a bit more discussion. Not sure how much truth in that.

To be honest, I'd be happy for him to stay but like I said we are completely entitled to play hard ball.
That's interesting, I hope that's not true. Charlie's manager said he will be here next year so I'm ruling him out anyway.

Yeah of course Carlton would be playing hardball, unprofessional not to but this reminds me of the Yarran situation last year where you eventually caved and took pick 19.

shaker

Quote from: fanTCfool on October 12, 2016, 07:03:29 PM
Hawthorn get Tom Mitchell for Pick 14 and chips, want Pick 12 from WCE for Sam Mitchell  ::)

They said on tonights news a 3rd or 4th round will do it

Jay

Quote from: Jay on October 12, 2016, 06:51:28 PM
Yep this is what it comes down to. We'll be fine Gibbs or no Gibbs, I don't think we need to be desperate. Young players will improve, and our record on first round picks is very good.
Although, I think we can really want Gibbs, but not want to pay up what SOS is asking. It's not a situation where we like the player so will give up our whole side to get him. He's a player we want, and hopefully can work out a fair deal to get him to the club.

Did I hear Lever's name come up? I wouldn't do Lever for Gibbs, Cripps, Weits and Doch :P

fanTCfool

I think there's a better chance of SOS getting a deal done for a new, Victorian Mrs. Gibbs at this stage  :P

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: lachie_001 on October 12, 2016, 06:57:50 PM
Then he stays because in our opinion pick 13 and Lyons is already overs. Mitchell is worth 14, and is younger and a better player than Gibbs, so Gibbs should really be worth pick 19, if he was out of contract. But he is contracted so pick 13 alone should balance that out. But we aren't going to be held to ransom by Carlton.

You're obviously a member of the crows coaching staff then because what you say is what will happen  ::) ::)

powersuperkents

Quote from: Gigantor on October 12, 2016, 06:12:59 PM
Collingwood FC âœ" @CollingwoodFC
Another new Magpie. Chris Mayne crosses the country to become a Pie in 2017. Welcome aboard Chris! #sidebyside
2:05 PM - 12 Oct 2016
It looks as though Collingwood want to create a culture of inaccurate set shots (Mayne to be Cloke's successor in missing goals)  :P

powersuperkents

Also, is it just me, or was the compensation for Mayne a little overs? I don't know how much Collingwood is paying him (I assume a lot), however, besides 2013 I would say Vickery > Mayne (I know that might be a controversial statement)

Ricochet

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 12, 2016, 07:23:26 PM
Also, is it just me, or was the compensation for Mayne a little overs? I don't know how much Collingwood is paying him (I assume a lot), however, besides 2013 I would say Vickery > Mayne (I know that might be a controversial statement)
It is. But it's got flower all to do with ability

powersuperkents

Actually, reconsidered that point - he's been a consistent starter for the Dockers and a required player since 2010 so I guess a second rounder is fair