Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nas

Quote from: Nige on September 22, 2015, 04:17:16 PM
Brett Anderson is reporting that Richmond is offering Hamish Hartlett a possible five or even six year deal.

Straight swap for Dustbin

meow meow

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 22, 2015, 04:32:07 PM
Brett Anderson is reporting that Richmond is offering Hamish Hartlett a possible five or even six year deal.

The exact type of player you need, although his body let's him down from time to time

(PS - Who the flower is Brett Anderson lol)

Hammer has played 22 (2 finals), 22 (3 finals) and 22 games in the past 3 seasons. His injury woes are largely a thing of the past.

RaisyDaisy

That feels quite deceptive Meow - always feels like he is injured lol

Several delistings today

Saints cut Spencer White, Arryn Sipposs, Tom Simpkin and Daniel Markworth.

Essendon cut Dalgleish and Aylett

Karnezis retired

Cant believe Sipposs lasted as long as he did tbh. Called it years ago

powersuperkents

He's still contracted

Posted this an hour ago:
"Port's salary cap isn't at breaking point as many think. Have room to add Dixon as well as re-sign Hartlett & Wines next year. #TradeSENtral"

I'm more worried about whether or not we'll have enough for Wingard though (the club will cut just about any player to retain those 3 + Gray & Boak and Hinkley has been fantastic with player retention (applies to Port as a whole) so I wouldn't expect any of our stars to leave the club).

Hartlett & Wingard are both from Adelaide so that should mean they are more likely to stay than anyone else (although I really think Wines would be the most loyal - despite his Vic origins)

Toga

I'm hearing that Port's salary cap was at 100% this year, which means something has to give if they are to recruit Dixon...

Big Mac

Wingard would command massive $$ at another club

Wouldn't be surprised if you guys let someone go to keep him, as well as Wines, Dixon etc

kilbluff1985

Wingard wont choose to go he wants to be there he told GWS not to draft him he wanted to go to Port

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 22, 2015, 06:49:27 PM
Cant believe Sipposs lasted as long as he did tbh. Called it years ago

how can you have spelled Arryn right but Siposs wrong? :P

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 22, 2015, 06:59:08 PM
Wingard wont choose to go he wants to be there he told GWS not to draft him he wanted to go to Port

For his initial contract maybe. But if Melbourne offered him 1.2 a season and port offered 800 I think his mind would change

meow meow

Swans have offered Michael Talia 400k a year for 3 years. The fact that he cracked the showers when we didn't select him and told his brother the game plan doesn't bode well for his future with us.

Big Mac

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 22, 2015, 08:12:38 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 22, 2015, 06:59:08 PM

For his initial contract maybe. But if Melbourne offered him 1.2 a season and port offered 800 I think his mind would change

Yep. Hawks will have plenty too

TomK

Quote from: meow meow on September 22, 2015, 08:48:08 PM
Swans have offered Michael Talia 400k a year for 3 years. The fact that he cracked the showers when we didn't select him and told his brother the game plan doesn't bode well for his future with us.
He'd be crazy not to take that. No way he'd get that anywhere else, 400k is overs.

Big Mac

Quote from: TomK on September 22, 2015, 08:55:28 PM
Quote from: meow meow on September 22, 2015, 08:48:08 PM
He'd be crazy not to take that. No way he'd get that anywhere else, 400k is overs.

Wow

Thought that was 400k over 3 years, not 1.2mil

Can't believe he would be offered that much

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: TomK on September 21, 2015, 10:25:10 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on September 21, 2015, 10:11:21 PM
Quote from: TomK on September 21, 2015, 07:21:52 PM
Yes we can?

No you can't. If you match the contract he would be in his first year of a new contract which means you can't trade him. This is the reason 3 way trades in the AFL exist, you can trade picks but not players.
If we match, he is still uncontracted and he becomes like any regular player out of contract. He doesn't instantly become contracted.

The AFL website is even running with the possibility that we match to force a trade.

Yeah, just cus they offer him a contract doesn't mean he has to sign it. Can't be in the first year of a contract he never signed!

Toga

I rate Michael Talia, could be a very astute pickup for the Swannies.