Main Menu

Richmond 2015

Started by quinny88, June 15, 2014, 12:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Don't have time right now to go through all my thoughts but yeah think you're on the right track quinny.

A small forward, and another tall target up forwards should definitely be on the agenda - I mentioned in another thread, GWS (and to a lesser extent GC) are going to be a gold mine for recruiters in the next few years for sure. Guys like Devon Smith and Jonathon Patton should be seriously looked at by our recruiters as guys that could fill needs in our team that might look at returning home to Victoria. Another bloke that I like on GWS list is Will Hoskin-Elliot, a very high draft pick who's been given limited opportunities, but has skills and pace to burn, which as you've said is an obvious deficiency in our list at the moment.

quinny88

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on June 15, 2014, 04:50:10 PM
Quote from: Vinny on June 15, 2014, 04:47:02 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on June 15, 2014, 04:27:43 PM
Quote from: Vinny on June 15, 2014, 04:20:52 PM
When's Cameron contracted until?

End of this year
Please come to Carlton Cameron or Patton!

You have to remember also that GWS were planning on giving Franklin close to a million a year (or over i cant remember)

They used about 500k on Mumford and Lamb but they still have a lot of money to protect Cameron from leaving.

Patton probably not

Yeah no doubt they will be desperate to keep him but at the end of the day they cant hold Boyd, Patton and Cameron forever and there has been a lot of talk of Cameron wanting to come home. He will be looking for big bucks which would free up GWS and they could use to get a quality defender (frawley maybe?) which they desperately need

Ziplock

Quote from: quinny88 on June 15, 2014, 11:36:55 PM

End of this year

You have to remember also that GWS were planning on giving Franklin close to a million a year (or over i cant remember)

They used about 500k on Mumford and Lamb but they still have a lot of money to protect Cameron from leaving.

Patton probably not

Yeah no doubt they will be desperate to keep him but at the end of the day they cant hold Boyd, Patton and Cameron forever and there has been a lot of talk of Cameron wanting to come home. He will be looking for big bucks which would free up GWS and they could use to get a quality defender (frawley maybe?) which they desperately need

I think we can keep them all for a bit longer.

Cameron's contracted till the end of 2015 eitherway though, so chill the flower out guys :P

And we actually don't need a quality defender- we have a fair few in Davis, Mohr, Haynes, Hampton, Kennedy etc...

Our two floggings came from when we didn't have any of our top 3 tall backs and subsequently had key forwards kicking like 70 points by themselves.  Apart from those two games we've actually performed reasonably well this season.

As I said though, gws have no intention of trading cameron, and he's contracted till the end of next season, so you guys might want to find a short term option in the mean time :P

elephants

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on June 15, 2014, 02:56:52 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on June 15, 2014, 02:47:51 PM
What about Tom Mitchell? Can't get a game at Sydney

Again he's a guy who's already contracted past 2015, you'd have to give a pretty high draft pick for that to happen

What pick would you be chasing?

quinny88

Quote from: Ziplock on June 16, 2014, 12:13:48 AM

End of this year

Patton probably not

Cameron's contracted till the end of 2015 eitherway though, so chill the flower out guys :P

And we actually don't need a quality defender- we have a fair few in Davis, Mohr, Haynes, Hampton, Kennedy etc...

Our two floggings came from when we didn't have any of our top 3 tall backs and subsequently had key forwards kicking like 70 points by themselves.  Apart from those two games we've actually performed reasonably well this season.

As I said though, gws have no intention of trading cameron, and he's contracted till the end of next season, so you guys might want to find a short term option in the mean time :P

Haha he is but he himself is the one putting contract talks on hold. GWS have been trying to sign him on a long term deal all year.
They don't have to make any moves as he is contracted until the end of next year. But if he's made the decision that he's going and they are to stubborn to get a deal done then he will just enter draft

Ziplock

Quote from: quinny88 on June 16, 2014, 01:08:06 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on June 16, 2014, 12:13:48 AM

End of this year

Patton probably not

Haha he is but he himself is the one putting contract talks on hold. GWS have been trying to sign him on a long term deal all year.
They don't have to make any moves as he is contracted until the end of next year. But if he's made the decision that he's going and they are to stubborn to get a deal done then he will just enter draft

That's just common sense from his point of view. Frankly, he's not going to have a great idea of what he's worth/ what he should be getting from the giants until he hears what other clubs are going to be paying for him, which isn't going to happen if he signs right now.

Like, the media's been saying some clubs will pay a million a year for him, but in reality when they're actually making the offers, they might be only willing to part with like 800k/ year

shaker

Pretty sure Titch Edwards got another 2 years the other week unless it was a nightmare I had but do agree he very rarely has an impact in games would put him up for trade bait , the rest you are on the money quinny a quality mid would be No1 priority

quinny88

Quote from: shaker on June 16, 2014, 04:13:07 PM
Pretty sure Titch Edwards got another 2 years the other week unless it was a nightmare I had but do agree he very rarely has an impact in games would put him up for trade bait , the rest you are on the money quinny a quality mid would be No1 priority

He wants 2 years but it's not done yet I don't think? I could be wrong.

quinny88

Zip, that's what his management is for. They will be telling him he's worth a mill a year. I don't think he is personally, at the end of the day he's still unproven despite the flying start to his career.

Still, if he can get that and go home (if he even really does want to go home) then it's a damn good deal for the kid.

Personally would prefer richmond to throw a million at fyfe or danger

Toga

I'd prefer a Fyfe/Danger type as well to be honest, if we were going after a key forward from somewhere I'd much rather Patton I think, as he wouldn't be demanding anywhere near as much as Cameron (at this stage anyway).

Also, I really like Titch Edwards and hope we retain him :P Would be disappointed if we let him go.

Ringo

If TiMembrey wants to go back home because he can not break into Swans forward line he could be a nice pick up.

Nige

Quote from: Ringo on June 16, 2014, 05:12:02 PM
If TiMembrey wants to go back home because he can not break into Swans forward line he could be a nice pick up.
I said in the Swans board that we've apparently shown interest in Dean Towers.

nickstiges

Jaksch, O'Rourke, Plowman could all be more realistic options from GWS.

Vinny

Lay off Membrey, Cameron and Patton until we have one of the three, thanks.

Nige

Quote from: nickstiges on June 16, 2014, 06:08:01 PM
Jaksch, O'Rourke, Plowman could all be more realistic options from GWS.
Plowman just re-signed iirc.

I wouldn't mind Jaksch. Even though he can play both ends, if we got him, I'd want us to play him forward predominantly.