WXV Vacant Coaching Position: New York Revolution

Started by ossie85, June 07, 2014, 08:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

The WXV Competition (see http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,51596.0.html for more detail) has a vacant coaching position for the New York Revolution.

This is an exciting team, but has struggled with injuries, suspension and depth. It is a great fixer-upper team, and has some genuine future stars like Tom Liberatore, Harley Bennell, Adam Treloar, Kade Kolodjashnig and Luke McDonald as well as strong experienced players such as Travis Cloke, Matt Stokes and Josh Gibson.

To apply, please introduce yourself, your experience, your bext XV (4 defenders, 4 mids, 1 ruck, 4 forwards, 2 Benches from any position) and how you would take this team forward.

Applications close TUESDAY 11:59pm (10th June).

The team:

Defenders
Dempsey   Courtney
Gibson   Josh
McKenzie   Trent
Atley   Shaun
Fisher   Sam
Schofield   Will
Sinclair   Ben
Batchelor   Jake
Brown   Mitchell W
Griffiths   Ben
Kolodjashnij   Kade
McDonald   Luke
Russell   Sam
Powell   Rohan

Midfielders
Liberatore   Tom
Armitage   David
Stokes   Matthew
Treloar   Adam
Christensen   Allen
Bennell   Harley
Stevens   Koby
Kommer   Nicholas
Macrae   Jackson
Arnot   Matthew
Hoskin-Elliott   Will
McGinnity   Patrick
Anderson   Jed
Morabito   Anthony
Young   Aaron
McDonald   Luke
Lang   Darcy
Greenwood   Alex

Ruck
Pyke   Mike
Nicholls   Tom
McKernan   Shaun
Lycett   Scott
Moller   Craig
Apeness   Michael
Mitchell   Patrick

Forwards
Cloke   Travis
Black   Aaron
Kommer   Nicholas
Siposs   Arryn
McKernan   Shaun
Crozier   Hayden
Menzel   Daniel
Elton   Todd
Colledge   Brant
Apeness   Michael

Vinny

I'd consider but it has Cloke so I'll pass. ;)

Nah but someone should give the team a crack, it's got some guns like Libba, Bennell, Terloar, Stokes, Christensen, Macrae, Kolodjashnij, McDonald, Cannon.

Nige

Quote from: Vinny on June 07, 2014, 09:23:11 AM

Nah but someone should give the team a crack, it's got some guns like Libba, Bennell, Terloar, Stokes, Christensen, Macrae, Kolodjashnij, McDonald, Cannon.
That has got to be the silliest reason haha.  :P

Become coach and trade him to me like you did in BXVs.  ;D

Jroo

Quote from: Vinny on June 07, 2014, 09:23:11 AM

Just go for it vin, at the end of the year I'll trade you Waite for Cloke.  :P
Not a bad team, just a pretty weak forward line. Lots of young stars.

DazBurg

seriously tempted to finally coach a Wxv's team

but alas i cannot bring myself to leave the beloved reindeers
it's my home :D

kilbluff1985

Justin Bieber

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 07, 2014, 01:18:40 PM
HP is holding Daz back from greatness  :P
I've told Daz to go after other teams before, he just didn't want to leave <3. He's welcome to leave like many of my assistants before me (*Glares at KB) but his call :).

DazBurg

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 07, 2014, 04:54:12 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 07, 2014, 01:18:40 PM
HP is holding Daz back from greatness  :P
I've told Daz to go after other teams before, he just didn't want to leave <3. He's welcome to leave like many of my assistants before me (*Glares at KB) but his call :).

very very tempted would be an honor to coach a team in the WXV's
but i really don't want to leave PNL i like the team i like our list and i enjoy working with you HP :)

Vinny

I was actually kidding about considering guys. :P

To be honest, I hadn't thought about taking on another team. Probably not up for it right now, maybe down the track.

Purple 77

Jeez, this is a Worlds position.. thought there'd be heaps of applicants by now!

Nige

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 07, 2014, 10:21:49 PM
Jeez, this is a Worlds position.. thought there'd be heaps of applicants by now!
I'm really surprised at the lack of applications for any of the jobs. Three open jobs (maybe 4) and not one applicant.  ???

Ricochet

BB67th

Quote from: NigeyS on June 07, 2014, 10:27:33 PM
I'm really surprised at the lack of applications for any of the jobs. Three open jobs (maybe 4) and not one applicant.  ???
There really hasn't been any new coaches coming into the competitions even as assistants this year.

Maybe there should be a small bit of advertising for it on the SC and AF board which get a lot of traffic to let people know that it exists?

Nige

Quote from: BB67th on June 08, 2014, 02:26:44 PM
There really hasn't been any new coaches coming into the competitions even as assistants this year.

Maybe there should be a small bit of advertising for it on the SC and AF board which get a lot of traffic to let people know that it exists?
Ringo did that with the BXVs job, but posted them solely in the SC and AF board, not the childboards where all the traffic is.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: BB67th on June 08, 2014, 02:26:44 PM

I had a info session thread posted in those boards but they were removed