Fyfe vs. JPK

Started by alex1234, May 12, 2014, 10:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex1234

looking at bringing one of these blokes in, byes no issue
just whos the better player/option in the long run

H1bb3i2d

If byes are no problem then I like Goddard tbh. Food for thought.

If money is no problem then thay'll both cost around as much as Stevey Johnson. And he's had his bye which will allow for a one weeker somewhere along the way ;)

If it has to be one of these 2... Fyfe.

Woppa15

I find it hard to split these two in terms of potential season average scores to be honest.

I voted Fyfe simply because the swans seem to share the SC points around quite a bit, at least this midfield group always have anyway.

alex1234

dont like goddard, mainly as he will not be top 10 mid at end of year, not enough trades in the world to consider upgrading from goddard once i get him in

had stevie from about round 4,
im looking at an upgrade for polec, need to reduce donuts

$420k in bank and dont have acres yet, lots of coin to play

yes woppa15, the fact that hannabury and co also play for swans crossed my mind, but i just like the way JPK plays so im split

Jackross10

Can't go wrong with either. But maybe look at a rd 8 byer. So you don't have anything like that to think about. Selwood and swan are good choices and both ripe to pick.

alex1234

Quote from: Jackross10 on May 12, 2014, 11:09:07 PM
Can't go wrong with either. But maybe look at a rd 8 byer. So you don't have anything like that to think about. Selwood and swan are good choices and both ripe to pick.

not comfortable with pendles, beams AND swan

selwood would have three 50s in his name if it wasnt for his last quarter efforts, needs to lift in my books

H1bb3i2d

Fair enough. In that case, looking at JPK's first and second half of seasons for the last 3 years is concerning, would have definitely made my team if I could remake it from round 1, but from here on in I would go with Fyfe.

However, despite his breakeven I think Jelwood will outscore the 2, and he's cheaper anyway.

Did you really have all of Ablett, Pendles, Johnson and Beams to begin with? (just checking, cus any of those you might not have started with would be ideal)

Bully

Very true, I think it's more important to have a premo playing both weeks. Cotchin & Selwood for me.

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: Bully on May 12, 2014, 11:12:14 PM

Very true, I think it's more important to have a premo playing both weeks. Cotchin & Selwood for me.

I think Cotchin is priced so cheaply for a reason. I know I know, no Deledio, but even so... Ablett, Pendlebury, Rockliff etc. don't suffer so severely with just one other player missing.

alex1234

yeah already have the 4, im sure if i didnt id be jumping straight on them

im leaning towards fyfe i think, but i can see him having a low score more often than JPK, but yet a higher roof

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: alex1234 on May 12, 2014, 11:15:39 PM
yeah already have the 4, im sure if i didnt id be jumping straight on them

im leaning towards fyfe i think, but i can see him having a low score more often than JPK, but yet a higher roof

Probably a good summary.

JPK tends to have just 'good' games that score 80s and 90s, whereas Fyfe is either on or he isn't. (Mind you, JPK pumps out some monsters too)

My main reason for Fyfe:

Fyfe's DE% was the general consensus last year (and this preseason) to be the reason holding him back from super-premo status. He has a great SC:DT ratio this year though, 119:99!!!! Considering he averaged 97 DT last year, there's no reason he won't maintain a 115-120 SC average if he keeps this up. He's simply scoring more points per touch this year, which is SC gold.

quinny88

Tough choice! I like both of these guys this year. Cant split them myself

Bully

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on May 12, 2014, 11:14:09 PM

I think Cotchin is priced so cheaply for a reason. I know I know, no Deledio, but even so... Ablett, Pendlebury, Rockliff etc. don't suffer so severely with just one other player missing.

There's a few things going for Cotch. Firstly, Deledio is back as you mentioned, he will almost certainly get the number 1 tag. Secondly, Richmond have a nice draw from here, I expect Cotch to lift a notch as a result. Finally, he's a strong finsher, with Richmond's season on the line I think he'll come home with a wet sail. I'm tipping 110+ from this point on.

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: Bully on May 12, 2014, 11:27:31 PM

There's a few things going for Cotch. Firstly, Deledio is back as you mentioned, he will almost certainly get the number 1 tag. Secondly, Richmond have a nice draw from here, I expect Cotch to lift a notch as a result. Finally, he's a strong finsher, with Richmond's season on the line I think he'll come home with a wet sail. I'm tipping 110+ from this point on.

I'm tipping BJ to beat Cotchin.

My guess is no better than yours though :)

But as OP said he wants a top 10 mid, I think he'll need a 115 average, of which neither will achieve.

Ablett, Pendlebury, Beams, Selwood, Waston, Johnson, Rockliff and Fyfe are my bets for this.

How have I not mentioned Jobe yet??

alex1234

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on May 12, 2014, 11:36:21 PM
Quote from: Bully on May 12, 2014, 11:27:31 PM

I'm tipping BJ to beat Cotchin.

My guess is no better than yours though :)

But as OP said he wants a top 10 mid, I think he'll need a 115 average, of which neither will achieve.

Ablett, Pendlebury, Beams, Selwood, Waston, Johnson, Rockliff and Fyfe are my bets for this.

How have I not mentioned Jobe yet??

i also have jobe already  :D
trust me
its literally fyfe or JPK for me atm,