Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Toga

That's a real shame for the club. Hopefully he can get his body right and make an appearance later in the season.

Vinny

8 weeks more! flower that sucks for the kid. :-\

nrich102

Hey guys , what's going on with Garland? Is he still injured? Suley hes in the best 22.

Purple 77

Garland had a pre-season injury in the range of 6-8 weeks, forcing him out of the NAB games. Has played a game in the Casey development league and a game for Casey, in which he unfortunately had a knee problem. The good news is that he will probably play this week, but it will probably mean he will have to play another match at Casey, so I  would expect a Round 9 return. Maybe round 11 as Melbourne have the bye at Round 10.

nrich102

kilbluff1985

Mitch Clark officially off the list i imagine they have a fair bit of cash to spend will be interesting to see if they can attract an A Grade player

Purple 77

Fyfe please!

Will never, ever happen, but yes please!

Well, if Freo win the premiership this year, and then Melb proceeds to offer him a million dollars a season.... who knows?

Nige

Is there a player Melbourne fans want (that the club actually has a realistic chance of getting - because I'd imagine a few would be out of reach)?

MTTY

Taylor Walker.

Apparently Bernie Vince and Mitch Clisby have/will be getting into his ear about coming over. Who knows, if we start to improve and Adelaide don't finish in the top 10, we could be a chance.

Perfect replacement for Clark.

Purple 77

Well, with Clark's departure, it free's up 750k of salary cap space for next year, so I don't think money is the problem, and really, it is the most persuading factor in enticing a player.

I think Dan Hannebery is out of contract? He'd be fantastic. Albeit hard to get.

I think we can again say that melbourne would be after a star midfielder; failing that, one in the making (like another Dom Tyson)

Assuming Frawley stays (oh god please stay), our defence is fine, even if he isn't playing there atm. Maybe another forward?

Out of the free agent list... Matt Rosa could be a good get. Even Nick Smith. I even like your Shane Edwards Nige  ;)

Mundy, Sewell, James Kelly are the older types melbourne could go for, but I don't think we will get another older player

Purple 77

Quote from: MTTY on May 03, 2014, 09:55:51 AM
Taylor Walker.

Apparently Bernie Vince and Mitch Clisby have/will be getting into his ear about coming over. Who knows, if we start to improve and Adelaide don't finish in the top 10, we could be a chance.

Perfect replacement for Clark.

I didn't think of that! That would be perfect lol

Nige

Shane Edwards you say?

Your first draft pick for Shane Edwards and it's a deal.  ;D

MTTY

Ideally i'd like to see:

Taylor Walker - IN

James Frawley - Stay

Ryan O'Keefe & Brad Sewell - IN as playing coaches

Trade 1st round pick (Pick 1-3)+2nd/3rd rounder for 1st round pick (7-11)+ player

Teams that I reckon are a strong chance of having 7-11 (without taking into account any compo picks): (Player i'd want in the deal)

Adelaide: Taylor Walker
Collingwood: Taylor Adams or Nathan Freeman or Ben Kennedy+Paul Seedsman
Essendon: Myers+Kavanagh
Gold Coast: Jesse Lonergan
GWS: Dylan Shiel
North: Ryan Bastinac or Trent Dumont+ Ben Jacobs
Richmond: Reece Conca
St.Kilda: Blake Acres+Josh Bruce or Leigh Montagna+Josh Bruce
Sydney: Luke Parker or Tom Mitchell or Sam Reid
West Coast: Luke Shuey or Jack Darling or Andrew Gaff

Big Mac

Something you guys haven't really covered is our lack of rucks. I can see us targeting someone like Blicavs from Geelong or Sinclair from the Eagles to give Spencer and Gawn time to develop. Also, as much as I hate to say it I don't think Frawley will stay, which means we can't go after free agents this year as they'll lessen our compensation.