Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 03, 2015, 05:48:38 PM
JKH has been severely disappointing this year.

Shocking that he only managed 6 disposals at VFL level

I remember watching him get in a run in the mids last year and thinking he could really turn into something. Seems to have gone backwards this year

Barra13

Highlights:

Sam Frost is now "5 weeks" instead of "4 to 6 weeks".

Dean Kent's ailment is nothing more than hamstring "tightness" which will be monitored.

Christian Salem is back - probably half a game at Casey this week.

Jack Trengove has the all clear to start running on a special programme.

Melbourne injury list: round 17

Sam Frost (toe) - 5 weeks
Dean Kent (hamstring tightness) - test
Cam Pedersen (wrist) - season
Christian Petracca (knee) - season
Christian Salem (hamstring) - available
Jack Trengove (foot) - season

Big Mac

What a troll lol

Why would they change Sam Frost to 5 weeks?

Barra13

Haha I know right, it's been 4-6 for ages and then 5 weeks is the end of season. Nice one Misson.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Big  Mac on August 03, 2015, 06:35:33 PM

I remember watching him get in a run in the mids last year and thinking he could really turn into something. Seems to have gone backwards this year

And Toumpas is going much better? Such a talent in the U18s, turned to shower. He's lucky he hasn't copped it as bad as Tambling did when he was playing.

Big Mac

Quote from: Pkbaldy on August 04, 2015, 04:30:17 PM

And Toumpas is going much better? Such a talent in the U18s, turned to shower. He's lucky he hasn't copped it as bad as Tambling did when he was playing.

Toumpas might not be progressing as fast as we'd like, but at least he's progressing

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Big  Mac on August 04, 2015, 04:54:56 PM

Toumpas might not be progressing as fast as we'd like, but at least he's progressing

So you're not fearing it's going to be the same progression rate at Mr Watts? Which is still in the works... 6 Years and counting.

Big Mac

Quote from: Pkbaldy on August 04, 2015, 04:58:45 PM

So you're not fearing it's going to be the same progression rate at Mr Watts? Which is still in the works... 6 Years and counting.

Who's next? Maybe you can pay out on Grimes? Perhaps you could bring up Tapscott, or Strauss?

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Big  Mac on August 04, 2015, 05:12:01 PM

Who's next? Maybe you can pay out on Grimes? Perhaps you could bring up Tapscott, or Strauss?

Settle down twinkle toes. Just saying.

Grimes is a gun. Just unlucky with injuries. Ive always rated hum highly.

Purple 77

Nothing at all wrong with Watts  ::) he was always gonna take longer.

Toumpas though? Reckon he'll get delisted. My grieving period of a wasted draft pick number 4 is over. I want him gone.

T Dog

Quote from: ossie85 on August 01, 2015, 05:49:12 PM
Well done lads! Deserved win.

But... just because...

Things that happened since the last time the Dees beat the Pies 9 years ago (which was Scott Pendlebury's 2nd match):
- Barack Obama elected
- Purple 77 hit puberty
- Dustin Fletcher was 31
- Global Financial Crisis
- Facebook was made public

I wonder what the world will be like in 2024 when you beat us next :P

But in all seriousness, clearly the better team, well done

The game will be called the "Inter Stellar Cup"  Eddie in his role as "AFL Supreme Overlord" will have an expansion plan involving games on Mars

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 04, 2015, 06:22:57 PM

Toumpas though? Reckon he'll get delisted. My grieving period of a wasted draft pick number 4 is over. I want him gone.

I'd atleast try get what I can for him :P

Adelaide and Port were SOOOO keen on him, 2nd rounder from either one of them. Could be possible?

TomK

Quote from: Pkbaldy on August 04, 2015, 08:15:33 PM

Adelaide and Port were SOOOO keen on him, 2nd rounder from either one of them. Could be possible?
Pls no

Purple 77

Quote from: Pkbaldy on August 04, 2015, 08:15:33 PM

I reckon that's what we'll try and do, yeah.

He has been the guy I love hate to hate this year :P

Holz

Watts is a decent player, if people forgot he was a number 1 pick and instead rated him as a player he is just your average journeyman. If you picked him up in the second round people would probably think he was a decent pick up.

Toumpas however hasnt shown anything.