2014 Champions League Group Stages.

Started by Holz, March 26, 2014, 07:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

CrowsFan

Woo made it through! Wasn't sure if I would after that first round, but glad the form turned around. Unlucky holz, going out on percentage sucks. But good news for everyone else that the strong Eagles are out :)

Ringo

Three British Teams through Breakers, Hoods and Werewolves

Holz

Quote from: Honey Badger on April 15, 2014, 04:47:14 PM
Woo made it through! Wasn't sure if I would after that first round, but glad the form turned around. Unlucky holz, going out on percentage sucks. But good news for everyone else that the strong Eagles are out :)

Yeah I think people dodged a bullet there. I normally score 145+ each week. Just hit with injuries at the wrong time. Lecras last week and Goddard this week coupled with outs like Barlow and Lids.

Still you need to perform all year to win the champs and the Eagles didn't do that.

Next year Eagles and Dublin so that will be dangerous.

ossie85

Europeans missing out because of evenness of competition?

Holz

Quote from: ossie85 on April 15, 2014, 05:37:02 PM

Europeans missing out because of evenness of competition?

I think this is a big reason.  this may be bias but I see Serbia and Sweden ahead by abit so not suprised metal went through. Serbia should have easily made it through just got unlucky with matchups and injuries. Than there are quite a few good teams behind the big 2 and a few easy beats right at the bottom.

Nails

Holz did you factor that into your scaling?

In Euros as you said Goddard going down hurt you but in Worlds if that happens to a team they get a sub to replace them so their score isn't hurt as bad...

I'm assuming you didn't factor this in but oh well #Metaldidntneedit

Holz

Quote from: Nails on April 15, 2014, 08:43:43 PM
Holz did you factor that into your scaling?

In Euros as you said Goddard going down hurt you but in Worlds if that happens to a team they get a sub to replace them so their score isn't hurt as bad...

I'm assuming you didn't factor this in but oh well #Metaldidntneedit

no I didn't factor that in, it does gives the worlds a little advantage as I would have gone through if we had subs in the euro.

Nails

British also has sub but is a slightly bigger advantage for them than Worlds.

Holz

Quote from: Nails on April 15, 2014, 09:19:45 PM
British also has sub but is a slightly bigger advantage for them than Worlds.

If I account for them now I'll go through so that seems a little bias. As I'm the only one suffering from it will keep it this year.

Holz

CrowsFan

We now play each of the 7 other teams right?

Scrads

The British scores seem to dominate, in the last round I was up against a total of 163! I think only one team in EXV history has got a score that high! (Metal that one time?)Oh well, best of luck to the remaining teams :)

Nails

Think Metal have got 163 a few times.

In Euros Grand Final Metal got a 180 something.

Ringo

Do note forget the factor scrads Euros have .22 advantage on British.

Werewolves are really dominating British this year, Already have higher scores than last year as well.