2014 Champions League Group Stages.

Started by Holz, March 26, 2014, 07:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on April 07, 2014, 09:03:51 PM
Plenty of good asain scores outside of those 4 though
Yep, the top 4 is going to look a bit different this year I think!

CrowsFan

Ringo

With a below par performance from the Breakers this week happy to get away with the win.

ossie85

Sorry guys!

Buenos Aires: 131

Moscow: 132

Nails

Quote from: ossie85 on April 08, 2014, 09:50:51 AM

Sorry guys!

This is where it gets a tad confusing though...

For Champions league we wouldn't have rested Boyd and would have played Boyd over Kelly (our 15th named player)

ossie85

Quote from: Nails on April 08, 2014, 10:07:20 AM

Sorry guys!

For Champions league we wouldn't have rested Boyd and would have played Boyd over Kelly (our 15th named player)

That's my preference also, but Holz is the boss

Nails

You must not have read his reply where he agreed with you after the initial post Oss. That's what we're doing, hence why I brought it up

Quote from: Holzman on March 28, 2014, 06:56:19 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on March 28, 2014, 05:35:48 PM
Quote from: Honey Badger on March 28, 2014, 05:13:30 PM
See thing is I don't think I can afford to be resting players in worlds since we also play the champions league matches so even if I was playing someone weak in worlds there would be a strong opponent in here. Guess I was hoping it could be something like I choose to rest Sloane in WXV for Adams, but in the CL I actually have Sloane playing over Adams.

Was a 1% chance that that was going to happen though...

Thats what should happen

Actually I'm for this, just need to work out the score assuming the rest didn't happen. Shouldn't be too hard.

Are you able to adjust my score please? :D

ossie85

Quote from: Nails on April 08, 2014, 10:13:42 AM
You must not have read his reply where he agreed with you after the initial post Oss. That's what we're doing, hence why I brought it up

Quote from: Holzman on March 28, 2014, 06:56:19 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on March 28, 2014, 05:35:48 PM
Quote from: Honey Badger on March 28, 2014, 05:13:30 PM
See thing is I don't think I can afford to be resting players in worlds since we also play the champions league matches so even if I was playing someone weak in worlds there would be a strong opponent in here. Guess I was hoping it could be something like I choose to rest Sloane in WXV for Adams, but in the CL I actually have Sloane playing over Adams.

Was a 1% chance that that was going to happen though...

Thats what should happen

Actually I'm for this, just need to work out the score assuming the rest didn't happen. Shouldn't be too hard.

Are you able to adjust my score please? :D

I did miss it :P

It also means you won't have the rest bonus the next week

Buenos Aires: 136

Holz

Quote from: Honey Badger on April 07, 2014, 11:54:05 PM
Beat the mighty Eagles! :o

just had to come up against the pumas of old. Thought I had it in the bag given your last 2 games than you go bang and barlow lids miss with lecca going down injured early.

congrats. Will be a big battle to go through in our group. 3 teams for 2 spots.

with you having the folders I need to beat the breakers next week by a big margin or I could go out of the group on 2 wins.

CrowsFan

Sorry guys!

The thing is you never actually stated who you were resting him for. Surely if you are resting someone you need to come in here and announce who they have been rested for. Otherwise you're just coming in here after the round has finished and saying you rested Boyd for the lowest scorer from your mids. If you did this and I missed it then I apologise.

CrowsFan

Although turns out it makes no difference to the result (apart from percentage).

Think in future the guys from the worlds have to announce who they have been rested for before the round starts to avoid any controversy

ossie85

Quote from: Honey Badger on April 08, 2014, 07:55:58 PM
Although turns out it makes no difference to the result (apart from percentage).

Think in future the guys from the worlds have to announce who they have been rested for before the round starts to avoid any controversy

Sounds fair

Nails

Quote from: Honey Badger on April 08, 2014, 07:53:59 PM

Sorry guys!

Otherwise you're just coming in here after the round has finished and saying you rested Boyd for the lowest scorer from your mids.

If I were doing that then maybe I would have said Boyd was replacing someone other than my 2nd flowering highest scoring mid from my team. Kelly scored the 2nd most of 5 midfielders in my team.

It's simply who I would have had dropped for Boyd if there was no resting in Worlds. I name my players in the order of preference.

i.e. my 4 best mids in the mids and then the 5th best one goes into the utilities which is why Kelly was there. Boyd is clearly better than Kelly based on 104 average last year and Kelly has been a 90s average like his whole career.

Nails

QuoteGroup 3
Winchester Werewolves 1W 1L 113%
Buenos Aires Armadillos 1W 1L 103%
Macedonian Wolves 1W 1L 97%
Mongolian Lambs 1W 1L 88%

1 W 1 L each, that shower cray. Percentage totally irrelevant now. Win and you're in. Lose and you're out.

QuoteGroup 4
Swedish Metal 2W 0L 108%
Nottingham Hoods 1W 1D 0L 112%
Moscow Spetnaz 0W  1D 1L 97%
Taiwon Dolphins 0W 2L 84%

Nice to see my Metal boys already through to the next stage :)

Ringo

British xv Scores (exc HGA and bonus)

Swansea Breakers 150
Bradford Badgers 151
Winchester Werewolves 189
Nottingham Hoods  147