AXV Vacant Coaching Position - Vietnam Vipers

Started by BB67th, February 12, 2014, 07:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

With Colliwobblers stepping down as coach of the Vietnam Vipers due to other commitments, we have another opening for a head coach in the AXV.

The Vipers are a relatively young team that have a good long term future ahead.

If you would like to apply for the position, please write up a quick application below on what your best XV would be, what direction you would like to take the team in and any credentials or experience that you might have.

Here is the team list.

SENIOR LIST

1. Dayne Beams 9
2. Matthew Wright 4
3. Jack Newnes 2
4. Matthew Leuenberger 6
5. Chris Judd 6
6. Courtenay Dempsey 6
7. Troy Chaplin 6
8. Christian Howard 2
9. Sam Blease 1
10. Danny Stanley 4
11. Ricky Pettard 4
12. David Myers 4
13. Jeremy Howe 6
14. Ben Reid 9
15. Dom Tyson 1
16. Jake Melksham 4
17. Robert Warnock 4
18. Robin Nahas 2
19. Billie Smedts 2
20. Mitch Wallis 4
21. Mark Hutchings 1
22. Nick Haynes 2
23. Brandon Matera 4
24. Troy Menzel 2
25. Kane Lucas 2
26. Nick Suban 2
27. Patrick Karnezis 1
28. Taylor Garner 2
29. Jonathan O'Rourke 3
30. Mark Whiley 1
31. Matt Jones 2
32. Tony Armstrong 2
33. Matt McDonough 1
34. Lewis Johnston 1
35. Nicholas Robertson 1
36. Joshua Kelly 3
37. Cameron McCarthy 2
38. Zak Jones 2
39. Michael Apeness 2

ROOKIE LIST

1. Thomas Jonas 4
2. Josh Bruce 2
3. Mark Blicavs 1
4. Lloyd Perris 1
5. Louis Herbert 1
6. Isaac Conway 1

Applications will close on Friday the 14th of February at 11:59PM

Nige

G'day all, Nige here.

I'd like to apply for the position of head coach at the Vietnam Vipers.

Best XV
D - C.Dempsey, T.Chaplin, B.Reid, R.Petterd
M - D.Beams, M.Hutchings, D.Tyson, D.Stanley
R - M.Leuenberger
F - J.Howe, B.Matera, M.Wright, L.Johnston
I - C.Judd, J.Melksham

Plans moving forward
The team has some great youth and a very promising future. The short-term is a problem though as the team's defense and forward lines are lacking. Depth on both lines could be used. If I do become coach, I'll endeavour to trade for depth or starters to fix the problems at hand. It won't be easy, but if the youngsters step up, it could make the task easier.

Credentials
Co-coach of the Cairo Sands in WXVs
Coach of the Liverpool Rams in BXVs
Coach of the Oslo Oxen in TX
Coach of the Santiago Otters in SC Americas.
Assistant to tbagrocks here in AXVs
Assistant to Hellopplz in EXVs.

I would love to carry on from Colli's work to date and would hold up his honour and legacy at the Vipers in the future.

Thanks lads.  :)

Rusty00

What is the closing date for applications for this one? ( assuming it's not 14 March :-X)

In the thread for the Head Hunters you mentioned there would be staggered closing dates for applications for the two jobs.

BB67th

Quote from: Rusty00 on February 12, 2014, 08:46:45 PM
What is the closing date for applications for this one? ( assuming it's not 14 March :-X)

In the thread for the Head Hunters you mentioned there would be staggered closing dates for applications for the two jobs.
I wrote March again, didn't I......  :-X

I did say that they would be staggered originally, but I feel that this way we can get the process completed quicker. I encourage everyone who has applied for the Head Hunters job to apply for this job as well. We will do the voting for both at the same time. If one member wins both roles, they will have their own choice of which team to coach and then the next person would get the other team.

Justin Bieber

Jroo

Will new coaches get time to trade, seeing as they'll get the job after the trade period? (Sorry if it's been asked before).
I'll vote for whoever trades me Beams  :P

Nige

BB67th

Quote from: JROO8 on February 12, 2014, 08:58:59 PM
Will new coaches get time to trade, seeing as they'll get the job after the trade period? (Sorry if it's been asked before).
The new coaches will get a few days and a few trade movements to use. Haven't quite decided how many yet, but I was thinking about 3 list movements.

Jroo

Quote from: BB67th on February 12, 2014, 09:15:20 PM
The new coaches will get a few days and a few trade movements to use. Haven't quite decided how many yet, but I was thinking about 3 list movements.
Sounds good. Will other coaches need list movements to trade with the new coaches? If so, I may have  to keep a list movement up my sleeve  ;)

BB67th

Quote from: JROO8 on February 12, 2014, 09:20:58 PM
Quote from: BB67th on February 12, 2014, 09:15:20 PM
Sounds good. Will other coaches need list movements to trade with the new coaches? If so, I may have  to keep a list movement up my sleeve  ;)
No, I don't think they will have to. It will be after the trade period is finished, so other team's list movements won't be taken into account.

maximus

Same application as the other job because both teams are similar  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hi guys.
I would love to be the coach of the Vietnam vipers. I believe this team is capable of winning this comp and succeeding in the future. With there young list I would look to build on this and recruit young players. I am often checking FF and would be on everyday if I were to get the coaching role.

If I were to be coach my starting line up would roughly look like this....

DEF: C.Dempsey, T.Chaplin, B.Reid, R.Petterd

MID: D.Beams, M.Wallis, D.Tyson, D.Stanley,

RCK: M.Leuenberger

FWD: J.Howe, B.Matera, M.Wright, L.Johnston

INT: C.Judd, J.O'Rourke

Also I would love to build that defence which seems to be struggling.

I would make this team stronger in the future and make them to succeeded in the future

Experience
Assistant at Pacific Islanders WXV
Coach at Seattle Saints in AXVII

I have been waiting now for ages for a coaching position and now here one is so I hope all of you vote for me. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Vinny

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Vinny on February 13, 2014, 07:05:20 AM
Go Nige!
Hey, no Bias. I might vote for Maxxy in this one :P

This this Nigel character anyways?

Nige

Quote from: whatlez on February 13, 2014, 09:37:47 AM
Quote from: Vinny on February 13, 2014, 07:05:20 AM
Go Nige!
Hey, no Bias. I might vote for Maxxy in this one :P

This this Nigel character anyways?