Main Menu

Morris told to be more offensive

Started by Ricochet, January 14, 2014, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

http://www.sen.com.au/display-article-2013/Morris-told-to-be-more-offensive/63301

After averaging 12.9 disposals in his 43-game career whilst playing on some of the best small forwards in the AFL, Richmond defender Steven Morris has been told improve the offensive side of his game.

The 25-year old told 1116 SEN that he is looking to increase his rebounds from the defensive 50.

Morris touted fellow third-year player Brandon Ellis as one Tiger who looks set to explode in 2014.

Nige

I reckon it'd be great if he could.  :D

Also interesting to note that he's mentioned Ellis is ready to explode, that seems to be the consensus, so I'm keen to see if he lives up to the hype (which I reckon he will).

CrowsFan

Every day I get closer and closer to bringing in Ellis in to my SC team...

Nige

Quote from: Honey Badger on January 14, 2014, 01:24:27 PM
Every day I get closer and closer to bringing in Ellis in to my SC team...
Yeah, I know the feeling. We all probably do.

Thinking "I should put (insert name) in my team..." and then not doing it, only for them to go rip it up.

I'm still really scared to include guys like Wingard, Duncan and Ellis but feel I could regret it if I don't.

Ricochet

I just can't bring myself to start a kid after having a little breakout the year before. I know his average was severely sub affected but I don't really like taking big risks in the midfield .

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on January 14, 2014, 01:32:38 PM
I just can't bring myself to start a kid after having a little breakout the year before. I know his average was severely sub affected but I don't really like taking big risks in the midfield .
Yep, too true. The points are there to be won by the mids and getting the proven performers is always the safest option. I guess it depends on whether one feels whether they have something to lose or not.

quinny88

Not to often you hear a player say they need to work on their offensive side. Defensively he is fantastic though, rarely gets beaten and hardly has any goals kicked on him. He does have great speed and good disposal to so if love to see him run and carry a bit more.

As far as Ellis goes, I called this very early so I'm claiming him as my boy! Haha
Would be locked in my SC team if he was a defender but I can't see him averaging the 110+ I would want from him to be a mid

tbagrocks

I thought he did pretty well with the ball :(  Poor kid :P  Great pickup though! Really like how he plays

quinny88

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 14, 2014, 11:57:35 PM
I thought he did pretty well with the ball :(  Poor kid :P  Great pickup though! Really like how he plays

Yeah he does he just doesn't get it enough though haha. Probably needs to learn to just peel off his man a bit and go for a run but he is so defensive minded that he just wears everyone like a glove at all times

nickstiges

He puts his body on the line more than any other Tiger I can think of, gets the job done, bit of a let down in the EF but he'll bounce back and more offensive will be even more enjoying to watch him go at it.

On Ellis, he's been tearing up the track in training, regularly leading time trials in groups including Cotchin, Deledio and Martin and might see some more contested ball this in year in the guts, even though he's primarily uncontested. Expect him to be spoken of in the high regard Cotch/Lids/Dusty are now in the coming years throughout the league not just us optomistic Richmond supporters  :P

Kellogscrunchynut

He should be able to do it, whether or not it affects his fantasy game is another matter.

Jroo

Quote from: nickstiges on January 15, 2014, 09:50:13 AM
He puts his body on the line more than any other Tiger I can think of, gets the job done, bit of a let down in the EF but he'll bounce back and more offensive will be even more enjoying to watch him go at it.

On Ellis, he's been tearing up the track in training, regularly leading time trials in groups including Cotchin, Deledio and Martin and might see some more contested ball this in year in the guts, even though he's primarily uncontested. Expect him to be spoken of in the high regard Cotch/Lids/Dusty are now in the coming years throughout the league not just us optomistic Richmond supporters  :P
Yeah, he's one of the toughest players I've seen.
His defeisnve work has been good, so just looking to improve on his offensive game.

About Ellis, the kid is a ball magnet so he will post some big scores. The only problem is he will get a lot more attention this year.
I can't see myself picking him though.

TheAnt

Toga

Yeah I've noticed he's up the ground a lot more this year but not sure it's been overly effective, probably prefer it when he's more focussed on his defensive roles. Don't like him as a defensive forward either.

Nige

Yep, it doesn't seem to have worked.

Back to normal please.