Richmond's 2014 Fixture

Started by Nige, October 31, 2013, 10:58:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: JROO8 on October 31, 2013, 11:31:21 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 31, 2013, 11:27:41 AM
Quote from: JROO8 on October 31, 2013, 11:23:16 AM
I think we've got a decent draw.
Adelaide got a lot easier draw in 2012, Ric. They played Gold Coast, GWS and Port twice  :o

Saints are as bad as GC from 2012. You have them twice
You have GWS twice
Melbourne = Port. You have them once
Bulldogs are only marginally better. You have them once
You can't really say that. We have to play these teams at least once.
That's like saying Freo have an easy draw they play Melbourne, GWS, St.Kilda once so they have an easy draw.
I don't think our draw is that easy and the competition is pretty even, probably around 12-14 teams could make the 8 next year.
In 2012 the bottom 6 were Brissie, Port, Bullies, Melbourne, GC, GWS. Adelaide had...
Gold Coast (x2)
Bulldogs
GWS (x2)
Port (x2)
Brissie
Melbourne

The bottom 6 this year were WCE, Gold Coast, Bullies, Saints, Melbourne, GWS. Tigers have...
GWS (x2)
Saints (x2)
GC
Bullies
Melbourne
WCE

9 games against bottom 8 sides compared to 8 games. Pretty similar

Nige

The club has broken it down well here.

Ziplock

to put it into context, it's a significantly easier draw than the giants get.

quinny88

Guys it means nothing. Adelaide had an easy draw last year to and they didn't even make the finals with it.
Teams will jump up and down. Teams last year would have thought playing port twice would be a bonus  but it wasn't..

We got a good fixture and I'm happy. Still doesn't make up for the BS fixture we were handed year after year before last season despite not having played finals for over a decade. Now people wanna say the AFL are giving us a hand out  ::)

Jroo

Quote from: quinny88 on October 31, 2013, 12:34:19 PM
Guys it means nothing. Adelaide had an easy draw last year to and they didn't even make the finals with it.
Teams will jump up and down. Teams last year would have thought playing port twice would be a bonus  but it wasn't..

We got a good fixture and I'm happy. Still doesn't make up for the BS fixture we were handed year after year before last season despite not having played finals for over a decade. Now people wanna say the AFL are giving us a hand out  ::)
Adelaide finished second with their easy draw, I'm pretty a use.
I agree with you, this is the first time we're playing one of the expansion times twice in a season.

Mailman the 2nd

I think people are more frustrated with the random nature of the "easy draws" that happen each year rather than which club actually gets it.

I mean, there's more than one club that was in Adelaide's and Richmond's position's last year and this year, so why are their draw significantly easier? Why do clubs get shafted in the same ladder standings like North and Richmond (i dunno if u did but you said it so :P )

quinny88

Quote from: JROO8 on October 31, 2013, 12:37:36 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on October 31, 2013, 12:34:19 PM

Adelaide finished second with their easy draw, I'm pretty a use.
I agree with you, this is the first time we're playing one of the expansion times twice in a season.

Yeah that was in 2012 but they got an easy fixture last year to and didn't make the 8. Oh and guess what, they got another easy one this year to lol seems like a pattern forming.
And yeah exactly right roo. You would know as well as me that for years we had to play a bunch of the top 8 teams in the first part of the season  and our year would be over before it started. Glad we're finally getting an easier run

Toga

I like it 8)

Quote from: Ziplock on October 31, 2013, 11:55:21 AM

That's cos you can't play yourself once, let alone twice :P

Ziplock

Quote from: Toga on October 31, 2013, 11:10:27 PM
I like it 8)

yeah I know :P

even taking that aside, we play 2 from the top 8 twice, including one from the top 4 :P

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Ziplock on October 31, 2013, 11:50:20 PM
Quote from: Toga on October 31, 2013, 11:10:27 PM
I like it 8)

yeah I know :P

even taking that aside, we play 2 from the top 8 twice, including one from the top 4 :P

But GWS will play Sydney twice every year, so you can't complain about that :P

Toga

Ringo

Quote from: Toga on November 01, 2013, 09:46:14 AM
Rated as the softest draw for next year :P

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-01/the-inquirer-the-2014-fixture
So anything less than Top 4 this year for Richmond would be a fail.

Nige

Quote from: Toga on November 01, 2013, 09:46:14 AM
Rated as the softest draw for next year :P

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-01/the-inquirer-the-2014-fixture
Only by a point.  :o

I read yesterday the Dogs had the softest, that was before this was released obviously.

Toga

Quote from: Ringo on November 01, 2013, 10:20:33 AM

I dunno Ringo, I would be happy with anything inside the top 8 to be honest.

We're a fairly inexperienced team still compared to the other top-end teams I think, so I think just making the finals should be our goal, top 4 would be a bonus, but shouldn't be our grading for a pass/fail... A finish outside the top 8 would obviously be a fail though.

quinny88

Quote from: Toga on November 01, 2013, 10:47:37 AM
Quote from: Ringo on November 01, 2013, 10:20:33 AM

I dunno Ringo, I would be happy with anything inside the top 8 to be honest.

We're a fairly inexperienced team still compared to the other top-end teams I think, so I think just making the finals should be our goal, top 4 would be a bonus, but shouldn't be our grading for a pass/fail... A finish outside the top 8 would obviously be a fail though.

Exactly. We've played finals once in over 10 years. I don't think the seasons a fail if we don't make top 4 . It's not like Sydney, hawthorn, freo and Geelong are just gonna become useless all of a sudden