Games: 76
Starting 2013 Price: $429,100
Finishing 2013 Price: $384,700
Position: Midfield (a chance of M/F)

2013 Stats

Past Average Scores

2013 Supercoach Scores

Nige says:
Mitch Duncan is an emerging gun who spends time on the ball, is clean with his disposal and is quick off the mark. He's one of younger Cats that is ready to step into the shoes of older brigade that are slowly on their way out of the Cattery. He's been a solid contributor and performer for Geelong for a few years and should now be ready to take his game to the next level and become a top level player and join the likes of his skipper in setting the bar and leading the way. He finished 9th in the Carji Greeves Medal this year. In regards to fantasy, 2014 has to be the breakout year for Mitch. He's put in the hard yards to date and now, with the likes of Chappy, Joel Corey and co making way, Duncan must simply fill the void. If he does this successfully, expect to see his efforts translate into very respectable fantasy scores. He has to start pumping out at least a 95 average at the least next season or he's gonna be letting me down. You could get him in as a potential breakout contender, but even if he doesn't, he could be a point of difference as some may not be game enough to risk it by including him. Personally, I will be and I'll say a little prayer that he repays the faith. He's also a sneaky chance to gain M/F status.

Predicted 2014 average: 95-105

Vinny

Very nice work Nigester! Duncan is going to have one hell of a year in 2014 as many expect. Still should have given him to me in BXV ;)

Nige

Quote from: vinny on October 05, 2013, 11:42:12 PM
Very nice work Nigester! Duncan is going to have one hell of a year in 2014 as many expect. Still should have given him to me in BXV ;)
After all the love I showed him in my little opinion paragraph there, do you really think I'd do such a thing?  :P

Vinny

Nige

Ricochet

Duncan has breakout written all over him i reckon. Very rare that we see a 25 point increase in average though. 90-95 would be a very solid season.

How strong are his chanced of dpp?

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on October 07, 2013, 12:17:50 PM
Duncan has breakout written all over him i reckon. Very rare that we see a 25 point increase in average though. 90-95 would be a very solid season.

Definitely does. If he doesn't do so this season, I'll be surprised.

I've got high hopes, and so I feel my predicted average is probably slightly biased and exaggerated.

I wouldn't say it's overly strong chance, but it's a possibility, guys like Wingard and Bennell are better chances.

CrowsFan

Quote from: NigeyS on October 07, 2013, 12:21:21 PM

I've got high hopes, and so I feel my predicted average is probably slightly biased and exaggerated.

I wouldn't say it's overly strong chance, but it's a possibility, guys like Wingard and Bennell are better chances.
I don't remember seeing Duncan play up forward much at all this season. If he was going to have DPP it would have been this year since he played forward quite a lot in 2012 but he didn't get it.
Spent the majority of this year playing in the centre so I doubt he will get it. If he does I will be extremely annoyed from a WXV point of view!

Ricochet

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 07, 2013, 12:33:45 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on October 07, 2013, 12:21:21 PM

I don't remember seeing Duncan play up forward much at all this season. If he was going to have DPP it would have been this year since he played forward quite a lot in 2012 but he didn't get it.
Spent the majority of this year playing in the centre so I doubt he will get it. If he does I will be extremely annoyed from a WXV point of view!
OK cool thanks mate

Nige

Nige

Averaging 99.9 atm, I'd have been happy with that had I picked him like I said I would.  :P

powersuperkents

Woah, I play DT so I assumed (based off this season) that he was always a supercoach gun. Incredible prediction & selection Nige, was the top scoring player overall in Santiago & really took over the captaincy (with Simpson & Macrae) when Ablett was injured. Perfect prediction, just makes me think about how much he should improve next season with the Cats dropping, I can see a lot more reliance on him. 20ppg improvement though is incredible  :)