EPL 2013/14 Mega Thread - Previews, Reviews and General Discussion/Banter

Started by Tominator, August 13, 2013, 12:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Dog

I have 2 free trades this week. Does this increase to 3 if not used?

T Dog

Thanks CF..looks like a hit this to get in Ozil and Hazard..or Aguerro.. :-\

Tominator

Quote from: elephants on December 11, 2013, 04:02:49 AM
Tom. I bow down to you.

I haven't been posting but have been regularly reading and for someone who is often out on Saturday nights and not home in time to catch the games, I can't thank you enough.

These are amazing. You're a legend. Maaaaad props my friend! 8)

Cheers mate, I really really appreciate it! It's time-consuming but I enjoy doing it. There's nothing better than knowing you people appreciate my work !

I don't watch many EPL games either due to being out on most Saturday nights too but I always check the results on Sunday mornings, and watch the match highlights if possible.  That's how I get the material for these write-ups! I don't actually watch the games!!

GW 15 Review will be up later today. Been a bit busy being out with mates the last few days   ::)

Tominator

GAMEWEEK 15 REVIEW

Manchester United 0-1 Newcastle
This is becoming strangely routine at Old Trafford of late. United's recent renaissance in the PL has come to an end with back-to-back defeats at home. Newcastle caught United out numerous times, through the likes of Mathieu Debuchy and Loic Remy, while Yohan Cabaye carved up the United midfield numerous times. United could have earned a penalty when Patrice Evra's goalbound effort was stopped by Vernon Anita's hand. Minutes later, Cabaye put the Baggies 1-0 up, and though United pressed for an equaliser - Robin van Persie had a goal disallowed for offside - but the troubles for David Moyes are set to continue.

Liverpool 4-1 West Ham
A game of misfortune which ended in four own goals out of the five scored, with the evervessent Luis Suarez scoring the only non-own-goal, and assisting two himself. He was by far and away the best player on the pitch and dominated the game. Kevin Nolan was red-carded while Martin Skrtel's own goal was surrounded by three West Ham defenders also registering OG's - Guy Demel, James Collins and Joey O'Brien. Sam Allardyce's woes continue as West Ham manager, but Brendan Rodgers is going very strong at Anfield.

Southampton 1-1 Manchester City
A game of chances to both sides that were ultimately a bit wasteful as City's away form continues to be inconsistent. Sergio Aguero opened the scoring in the 9th minute to send an early message of intent to the Saints, but despite their drop in form lately, Southampton rose to the challenge and created several chances of their own. Their most exquisite was the goal scored by Dani Osvaldo, who left defenders in a maze with his footwork before launching a curler into the top right corner from the left side of the box. An absolute belter and probably goal of the round.

Crystal Palace 2-0 Cardiff
The first battle between the two promoted clubs saw Palace keep their fourth CS in five games and get back-to-back wins for only the second time in their PL history. Cameron Jerome scored his first goal under former boss Tony Pulis, while Marouane Chamakh scored another. David Marshall made some fine saves to keep Cardiff in it, but ultimately Palace were too good on the day.

Sunderland 1-2 Tottenham
Another vital three points for AVB, when it again looked like they might lose. Hugo Lloris's very unusual error proved costly as his bad punch of the ball went straight to Adam Johnson who fired home, to give Sunderland a lead. Paulinho levelled for Tottenham early in the second half, before Spurs replicated their come-from-behind win against Fulham mid-week by claiming the lead late in the second half when John O'Shea conceded an own goal - Sunderland's fifth of the season.

Stoke 3-2 Chelsea
What a win for Stoke! Andre Schurrle's spectacular double was not enough to overcome a very resilient Potters side, who played uncharacteristically attackingly, putting three past Chelsea. Peter Crouch equalised first, just on half-time, before on-loan player Stephen Ireland gave Stoke a 2-1 lead, giving their fans hope of an unlikely victory. Schurrle then equalised it a superb volley, but that was bettered by Oussama Assaidi, whose injury time curler into the top corner sent Stoke's fans into absolute ecstasy.

West Bromich Albion 0-2 Norwich
In the Bromich v Norwich match, the Canaries came out unlikely winners, given their poor form early on this season. WBA attacked relentlessly but bizarrely could not find a goal. Gary Hooper opened the scoring for the visitors on 11 minutes, but after that it was chance after chance for West Brom for the rest of the game. Norwich had their moments and struck again just before injury time when Leroy Fer made it 2-0, in a game where WBA really should have got a point at least.

Arsenal 1-1 Everton
Given the events of the Saturday games, Arsenal could have really capitalised by snatching all 3 points here. That wasn't the case, as a resilient Everton side held the Gunners at bay for much of the game, with Tim Howard making some superb saves. But it appeared it would be in vain when Mesut Ozil scored in the 80th minute. However, the Toffees quickly levelled things up through a great goal to young loanee Gerard Deulofeu. Olivier Giroud very nearly won the game in injury time when his superb volley hit the bar, with Howard beat and defenders left standstill. Everton have emerged with four points in their last two games, when many would expect they'd have got none, to continue their bright start under Roberto Martinez.

Fulham 2-0 Aston Villa
An invaluable three points to the struggling Fulham, especially after Crystal Palace also won this weekend. Fulham went two goals up early in the first half, and never relinquished the lead. Steve Sidwell scored after a couple of one-twos in the build up, before Dimitar Berbatov converted a penalty to double the lead. Berbatov was influential with some mercurial moments, particularly in the first half. Christian Benteke's woes continued as his goalless run continued, though he did create several chances. Crystal Palace and Sunderland have undergone resurgences since parting ways with their original managers - could Fulham do the same?

Swansea 1-1 Hull
A very different Swansea performance after beating Newcastle so impressively mid-week. Given their tough upcoming run, Swansea really could have done with 3 points here. Danny Graham broke his incredible goal drought of 30 games, ironically at his old stomping ground against his former team. Graham struck in the ninth minute to give Hull a surprise early lead.  Swansea equalised through Chico Flores - albeit it could have been deemed a foul - in the second-half, but did not play with the same intensity as they did in the Newcastle game. Hull continued to create chances right to the end, and looked the better side, but it ended all squared.

chrisuzz

Suarez got one of the goals turnover to become his taking his season tally to 15 ;) Great write up though!!

BoredSaint

Tominator

GAMEWEEK 16 PREVIEW

Manchester City v Arsenal

KEY PLAYER:  Sergio Aguero
TOMINATOR'S TIP:  3-2 to Man City

Cardiff v West Bromich Albion

KEY PLAYER:  Fraizer Campbell
TOMINATOR'S TIP:  2-1 to West Brom

Chelsea v Crystal Palace

KEY PLAYER:  Marouane Chamakh - never thought I'd say that  ::)
TOMINATOR'S TIP:  2-0 to Chelsea

Everton v Fulham

KEY PLAYER:  Tim Howard
TOMINATOR'S TIP:  2-0 to Everton

Newcastle v Southampton

KEY PLAYER:  Adam Lallana
TOMINATOR'S TIP:  1-1 draw

West Ham v Sunderland

KEY PLAYER:  John O'Shea
TOMINATOR'S TIP:  2-1 to West Ham

Hull v Stoke

KEY PLAYER:  Peter Crouch
TOMINATOR'S TIP:  1-1 draw

Aston Villa v Manchester United

KEY PLAYER:  Wayne Rooney
TOMINATOR'S TIP:  2-1 to United

Norwich v Swansea

KEY PLAYER:  Michu
TOMINATOR'S TIP:  2-1 to Swansea

Tottenham v Liverpool

KEY PLAYER:  Phillippe Coutinho
TOMINATOR'S TIP:  2-2 draw

Vinny

Thanks Tom! This helps me decide my captain and which defenders to play. Keep it up :)

Tominator

Quote from: vinny on December 14, 2013, 11:04:41 PM
Thanks Tom! This helps me decide my captain and which defenders to play. Keep it up :)

well players like Aguero, Suarez and Lukaku are always key players every week, so I don't wanna list them as that every single GW, nice to mix it up a bit

But glad I'm of some assistance haha

Vinny

Vinny

Vinny

Tominator

Vinny