EPL 2013/14 Mega Thread - Previews, Reviews and General Discussion/Banter

Started by Tominator, August 13, 2013, 12:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelskiman

Hawka

Quote from: Tominator on August 14, 2013, 10:17:37 AM
can somebody please clear this up for me cos I am unsure..... is it just 5th in the EPL that qualifies for Europa League (besides FA Cup and League Cup winners)?

Or do 6th and 7th get a slice of the pie too? I know only 3 English teams go to Europa
Well so many previous years 6th got europa, but no the year Everton 6ths -.-

MajorLazer

I voted other.  :-[

Love me some Aston Villa and I'm confident/naive.  8)

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

EPL Premier: (1st) Manchester City
Champions League Qualifiers: (2nd-4th)
1. Manchester City
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester United
4. Tottenham
Europa League Qualifier: (5th)
5. Liverpool....Please!, pretty please!  ::)
"The Bolters": Everton and Norwich City to swap between top half and bottom half of the table.
"The Sliders": Everton and Norwich City to swap between top half and bottom half of the table.
Relegated Teams:
Crystal Palace, Hull City, Really unsure on the third... Newcastle - Can score, but can they stop goals?
Golden Boot Winner:
Robin Van Persie
Player with Most Assists:
Juan Mata
Golden Glove: (goalkeeper with most clean sheets)
Joe Hart
General thoughts for the upcoming season:
Steven Gerrard shoulder injury from carrying us too long!  ;)

KoopKicka

EPL Premier: (1st) Chelsea
Champions League Qualifiers: (2nd-4th) Manchester City,
Swansea
"The Bolters": Swansea, Norwich, West Bromwich Alibon
"The Sliders": Fulham, Newcastle, Sunderland
Relegated Teams: Sunderland, Crystal Palace, Hull City
Golden Boot Winner: Robin Van Persie
Player with Most Assists: Juan mata
Golden Glove: (goalkeeper with most clean sheets) Asmir Begovic
General thoughts for the upcoming season: lets do dis.

lolrocket

EPL Premier: (1st)
Chelsea. Only club apart from Arsenal lead by a PL-winning manager and have added talent in the right places.
Champions League Qualifiers: (2nd-4th)
Chelsea
Man City - Essentially same team as last two years and Jovetic will shine. Might start slowly under Pellegrini.
Tottenham (If they keep Bale) - Soldado up front and Paulinho in the middle and they will be a better team than last year with stable management.
Man Utd - Will struggle without SAF but the ultimate class of their best players will still carry them to a CL spot.
Arsenal (will make CL though if they actually manage to make some signings like Suarez and Gustavo) - Otherwise will stagnate and fall behind Tottenham and also fall out of CL and with it Wenger will leave/be sacked to take over Monaco in the CL instead and Arsenal will have to find a new manager for the first time in over a decade.
"The Bolters":
Newcastle - Have too much talent to stay around the relegation zone and will end up just off Europa League spot.
"The Sliders":
West Brom - Started well last season but then tailed off towards the end and they will drop down this year, especially without Lukaku up front.
Swansea - Due to their small budget don't have the best squad depth and playing Europa League this year will cost them like it cost Newcastle last year.
Stoke - Relied on Pulis' style to keep them up in the past without much talent. Now have Mark Hughes in charge who managed to get QPR relegated last year.
Relegated Teams:
Stoke (All 3 promoted teams getting relegated has only happened once in the 20-odd years of the Premier League)
Hull
Crystal Palace
Golden Boot Winner:
Van Persie
Player with Most Assists:
Mata
Golden Glove: (goalkeeper with most clean sheets)
Hart
General thoughts for the upcoming season:
Will be closest season yet with it being close between more than 2 teams at the top unlike last few years.

Tominator

Chelskiman

elephants

I literally cannot sit still, keen as!

Hawka

Aw yeah !! less then 12 hours til everton play!
Wearing my Jersey :D

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: Hawka on August 14, 2013, 12:14:02 PM
Quote from: Tominator on August 14, 2013, 10:17:37 AM
can somebody please clear this up for me cos I am unsure..... is it just 5th in the EPL that qualifies for Europa League (besides FA Cup and League Cup winners)?

Or do 6th and 7th get a slice of the pie too? I know only 3 English teams go to Europa
Well so many previous years 6th got europa, but no the year Everton 6ths -.-

Are you sure your not thinking of the year Liverpool didn't qualify for the CL through the Premiership, but qualified as holders? From memory an extra spot opened up that year.

Tominator

United looked pretty good against Swansea last night.

Villa exposed Arsenal as potentially overrated, but Benteke is an absolute freak

Norwich v Everton was a cracking game, both sides will push for Top 7 finishes

Chelskiman

Quote from: Tominator on August 18, 2013, 07:38:59 PMBenteke is an absolute freak

He scored twice, but he missed a penalty and was lucky the rebound came back to him and his second penalty wasn't exactly world class either.

elephants

Quote from: Chelskiman on August 18, 2013, 08:37:03 PM
Quote from: Tominator on August 18, 2013, 07:38:59 PMBenteke is an absolute freak

He scored twice, but he missed a penalty and was lucky the rebound came back to him and his second penalty wasn't exactly world class either.

Yep, beat me to it. Pretty shocked he got the three bonus points really ???

Tominator

Quote from: elephants on August 18, 2013, 08:42:53 PM
Quote from: Chelskiman on August 18, 2013, 08:37:03 PM

Yep, beat me to it. Pretty shocked he got the three bonus points really ???

2 goals is 2 goals    8)

Hahah I was talking in Fantasy terms    ::)