Main Menu

Would the Tigers trade Cotchin?

Started by its me lads, July 11, 2013, 04:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

its me lads

Would the Tigers trade Cotchin for the number 1 draft pick? My first thoughts, despite not being a tigers fan is NO WAY!

What do you guys reckon?

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/paying-the-price-for-no1-20130710-2pplj.html

Vinny

Not gonna happen mate ! He's arguably he is their best player and their skipper. I think his Richmond for life. :)

There you go Nigey ;)

Nige

*He's vinny, he's...

Anyway, it won't happen. None of Cotch, Dusty or Jack are going anywhere.

Jroo

If Richmond got the number one pick from GWS I would be flowering pissed off. It would mean we would have to give up one of our stars and we are close to finals, it would really flower us up. I know Boyd is going to be a star, but I hope we don't go after him. GWS won't accept anything less then a star for pick 1. I'm not confident GWS will trade pick 1, probably talking shower and they won't get an offer they like so they'll keep him or I reckon it may go to Cartlon. The Blues desperately need a key forward and I think they should go after Boyd.

AFEV

Would be silly for the Tigers to trade for pick 1.

Would be even sillier to trade your best player (that is 22) and captain for it.

Ziplock

I would love cotchin, but I can't see the tigers trading for him.

You have a bonafide star, why trade him for someone who could potentially become a star?

a bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush.

It wouldn't be a straight swap though, it'd probably be something like cotchin for 1, 19, adams

or something like that :P

Don't know if richmond really needs to chase pick 1 though tbh. And I don't know if you have currency apart from cotchin (martin , or jvoldt would be the only other two you'd see gws being really interested in, and I can't see them going via a trade like that :P )

Toga

Nope, no way.

I'm happy with the way Vickery is developing as well, actually having a presence in the forward line this year, so idk if it'd be worth us going after Tommy Boyd. If he was handed to us on a platter you'd take him in a heartbeat but not worth giving up much for him in the Tigers' situation.

Noz

If they were going to trade anyone trade Dustin Martin.

Ziplock

Quote from: Noz on July 11, 2013, 08:03:05 PM

^ that's the way I see it as well.

Toga

Don't think it's worth trading Dusty OR Cotch OR Jack for Tom Boyd TBH...

quinny88

Quote from: Noz on July 11, 2013, 08:03:05 PM

Your favourite player Noz ;)

powersuperkents

He is a no.2 draft pick himself and he has experience and is a proven player... I honestly think someone would have to have an I.Q. of >40 to make a trade like that (remember the no.1 pick is rarely the best pick)

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: powersuperkents on August 18, 2013, 12:36:53 AM
He is a no.2 draft pick himself and he has experience and is a proven player... I honestly think someone would have to have an I.Q. of >40 to make a trade like that (remember the no.1 pick is rarely the best pick)

I'm assuming you meant <40 lol

powersuperkents

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on August 18, 2013, 06:24:12 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on August 18, 2013, 12:36:53 AM

I'm assuming you meant <40 lol
haha yeah, sorry about that  ;)

ossie85

Not gonna happen.

Definitely not for #1 pick (any pick is a risk, Cotchin is a proven star).

Nope.