WXV: Parisian Nice Lyon Reindeers

Started by Phasir, February 27, 2013, 10:06:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFEV

DazBurg

reserved for round 1 review when i can catchup for it
reserved for round 2 review when i can catchup for it

Round 3 review
after a horrid start to the reindeers season enter the 3rd round still without a win
senior assistant coach DazBurg who was in control in senior coach hellopplz absence was looking to change that fact.
the reindeers made the change of brining in young gun Chad Wingard onto the bench at the expense of Nick Lower
after wingard showed some great form in the ressies
another change was the dropping of Phil Davis bringing in veteran Luke McPharlin hoping he can provide some experience and stability to the backline for the young reindeers

the reindeers round 3 encounter hoping for their first win of the season was derailed pretty much 10 minutes into the first game McPharlin who the reindeers was hoping would get them off to a flyer was knocked out early in the first qtr putting an end to his debut for the season on a grand score of 0
from there it was too big of a hill to overcome and the reindeers feel to there 3rd straight loss of the season leaving them 16th on the ladder and leaving alot of work needing to be done
the highlight though was EOS recruit Justin Westoff's continued domiance on the score and yound gun Chad Wingard rewarding the coaches with his selection

in the reserves for the kings there was more bad news with young gun Jonathan Patton succumbing to a ACL tear and will miss the rest of the season while Liam Jones put his hand up to play in round 4

so all in all the season is not looking great for far butt here are some things that show PNL might be able to turn there season around yet

DazBurg

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 15, 2013, 10:27:32 PM
PNL Reindeers! Can contact me or Daz, Daz heading the trades though ;).

Looking to move on
Heath Grundy, Andrew Boseley, Luke Davis, Leigh Osborne, Nick Lower, Matt Thomas, Nathan Lovett-Murray, Angus Graham, Beau Maister, Trent Dennis-Lane.

Avaliable
Luke McPharlin, Andrew McInnes, Phil Davis, Jackson Trengove, Christian Howard, Aidan Corr, Jordan Lockyer, Matt Priddis, Kade Simpson, Luke Ball, Clay Smith, Farren Ray, Ayce Cordy, Xavier Richards, Tom T. Lynch, Matthew Pavlich, Justin Westhoff, Liam Jones, Tyson Goldsack.

Valued and would rather be kept
David Myers, Marley Williams, Nathan Jones, Daniel Rich, Brad McKenzie, Elliott Kavanagh, Mitch Hallahan, Jonathon Griffin, Matthew Lobbe,  Jarrad Grant, Levi Casboult, Jonathan Patton.

Don't even try
Jarrod Harbrow, Chad Wingard, Dylan Shiel, Cyril Rioli.

DazBurg

and in surprising news their are some rumours going round that the reindeers senior coach and senior assistant had been in serious talk in regards to Justin Westhoff and Matthew Pavlich's immediate future with the club

from what we can gather they were rumored to be close to a deal only a few days ago that was until today when negotiations broke down

one club insider was quoted as saying
"We are currently in talks with a few clubs in regards to alot of players availability and prospect's"

so as you can see very tight lipped down at the reindeers all we can say for now is things may be hotting up

DazBurg

and finally the reindeers have opened up thier trade account for the offseason

trading out defender Phil Davis and some picks
welcoming matthew watson and Chris Dawes

Senior assistant Coach DazBurg was quoted as saying: We'd like to than Phil for his greay year of service and wish him well in the future even though he was only with us for a season with other stepping up it was of mutual benefit to both parties to make a move now for Phil he get's more opportunities and for us we receive a player we feel will eventually match if not surpass Phil but in a few seasons when we will need it. We also feel Dawes while not the best scorer and having had his worst scoring season so far will add depth and with roos and some more midfield depth and forwards to take pressure off he will either improve or get worse

Well their you have it the official trade was

Pacific trade: Chris Dawes and Matthew Watson
PNL trade: Phil Davis, Pick 63 and Pick 81

Justin Bieber

With all drafts over and players enjoying their Christmas holidays, a little recap on the new additions to the PNL lineup for the coming season through the drafts.

With the first pick in the International draft, PNL gladly chose Jack Billings with the #6 pick. Was between him and Kelly, but Billings kicking ability + possible forward option choice is what made him the more tempting player. We believe he is made for Worlds and should serve as a deadly combination with Chad Wingard in coming seasons, also a #6 pick for the PNL Reindeers. Billings may be on the fringe for the upcoming season but no reason why he can't find a way to crack into the side with his great ball use and silky skills.

At #27, Zach Merrett was selected. Another deadly ball user is more than welcomed at the Reindeers. Expected as a mid but being named in the forwards certainly help sure up our forward stocks for the future. Just like Billings, can score really well when on and has a boot to make opponents pay. More than happy with him coming to #27 as we got a little outside help with this pick, certainly looks like the right choice!

With our last pick in the International draft, Matthew Jaensch was selected with #45. Jaensch was delisted by the Pacific Islanders and we're willing to give him a second chance. We believe if he is able to string together a few games together, he'll be a solid depth back who can push a starting place in the PNL lineup. Certainly with a pick like this, if he can help our reserves in Marseilles, then we'd be happy with that!

Skipping a pick in the International Draft landed us #4 in the Preseason Draft which we used on Luke Reynolds. A medium style forward with a potential X-Factor around him if he's able to land games. Not expected to crack the lineup but could be a very solid project player to join our forward line youngsters. has a great sense for the long goal and delivery inside the 50 is great so one to watch for the future.

Last and not least is the rookie draft! Xavier Richards was retained on the rookie list while Brad McKenzie was able to earn a promotion to the senior list. This left 3 spots left on the rookie list after delistings.

First pick went to Zach O'Brien at #6. He's a mature aged hard-nut midfielder who can help the team straight away, but is set to fight for his spot in the side. He has a great tank and is known for getting contested footy which will help him in Worlds. In a fairly deep PNL midfield depth, may be forced to play at Marseilles if he plays at all this season.

With #24, Cameron Shenton was given a second chance with us. Last few games in the VFL last season when he moved back to defence is when he started to get alot of the ball. Despite being listed as a Fwd/Mid, we are expecting him to become a defender in the long term which is what we need. May be able to get the odd game this year with some luck, otherwise not much you can ask from a rookie pick. Has decent potential so we were willing to give him a chance!

With our last rookie spot, we either go for another depth option or get another ruck on the list to bring the number up to 3. So why not throw a lifeline to big Angus Burger with #40, selecting Angus Graham to return to the team on the rookie list. He's being given another 2 seasons to show his worth, otherwise is facing another delisting if he is unable to pick up his game.

Purple 77

Not an ideal start for the luckless Reindeers  :-\

I almost had a heart attack when I saw the headline "Trengove Suffer's Knee Injury", both in a melbourne supporter and berlin point of view.

A fit Rioli and Pavlich will do you guys wonders this year though

Justin Bieber

We can never catch a break injury wise! This is why we tend to fall near the bottom of the table :(. Think the board has given me one last season to show I can do something with the list, otherwise may be sacked :-X.

Jackson was just depth, so not too much of a loss so he can take his time getting back. I can imagine how you were feeling Purps if one of your star mids go down :P.

I feel really bad for Grant, made a spot for himself in the Doggies side and hopefully this isn't a big set back for him! Would be pushing starting XV for PNL as well.

DazBurg

Quote from: Hellopplz on January 22, 2014, 02:11:48 PM
We can never catch a break injury wise! This is why we tend to fall near the bottom of the table :(. Think the board has given me one last season to show I can do something with the list, otherwise may be sacked :-X.

Jackson was just depth, so not too much of a loss so he can take his time getting back. I can imagine how you were feeling Purps if one of your star mids go down :P.

I feel really bad for Grant, made a spot for himself in the Doggies side and hopefully this isn't a big set back for him! Would be pushing starting XV for PNL as well.

8)

CrowsFan

You just can't get any luck with your forwards can you! Grant had looked good at the end of last season as well :(

CrowsFan

Not good news for PNL with Marley Williams being found guilty of GBH. Sentencing will occur in April and could be seeing prison time. Gotta work on that club culture HP ;)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Honey Badger on February 21, 2014, 11:51:15 AM
Not good news for PNL with Marley Williams being found guilty of GBH. Sentencing will occur in April and could be seeing prison time. Gotta work on that club culture HP ;)
Read about that a few days ago, there are always a few bad eggs floating around all the teams. Such a shame he's had shown so much potential last year, we may have to rake him back in line depending on the sentence.

CrowsFan

Purple 77

Quote from: Hellopplz on February 21, 2014, 12:03:08 PM
Quote from: Honey Badger on February 21, 2014, 11:51:15 AM
Read about that a few days ago, there are always a few bad eggs floating around all the teams. Such a shame he's had shown so much potential last year, we may have to rake him back in line depending on the sentence.

Should have traded him to me when I came a'knockin  :P