AXVS NEW HEAD COACH OF KL CROCODILES IS RICOCHET

Started by Colliwobblers, February 19, 2013, 10:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 20, 2013, 03:25:08 AM
What about the  team? How's it looking? They might struggle this season, is there plans to improve the team in the future?
The team is obviously very young but has bucket loads of potential. It will take another year or two for this team to develop into a premiership winning side.

I will try to develop internally, but have gona hard when trading in the past and will do so again. All depending on how players develop over the 2013 season.

Justin Bieber

Should of handed the team before the trade period ended...  :-X

Btw, Ric is my reserves coach ;)

tbagrocks

Nicely done Roc

Lez the last thing you need (besides better players) is more assistants ::)

Adamant

Just thought I'd update the best 15 for the Crocs, they had still listed Bennell as a forward... ::)

DEF: Bryce Gibbs (VC), Harry Taylor, Dylan Grimes, Phil Davis

MID: Trent Cotchin (C), Harley Bennell, Daniel Rich, Stephen Coniglio

RUC: Tom Bellchambers

FWD: Mark LeCras, Lewis Jetta, Michael Hurley, Eddie Betts

UTI: Josh Caddy, Tom Liberatore

DEF: James Frawley, Jackson Trengove, Luke Tapscott, Dylan Addison, Zac Tuohy, Tayte Pears, Steven May, Kamdyn McIntosh

MID: Claye Beams, Koby Stevens, Elliot Kavanagh, Tom Ledger, Dean Towers, Nick Graham, Will Hams

RUC: Brodie Grundy, Angus Graham, Tom Hickey, Dawson Simpson

FWD: Jordan Murdoch, Ahmed Saad, Mitch Morton, Nick O'Brien, Tom Curran

tbagrocks

Without Bryce Gibbs the Glenelg Champion who I heard Malthouse say yesturday he was an untapped  midfielder

This team is barely better than Tibet

elephants

Its gonna be a great team in 2-4 years though. Look at all that youth!

Salary cap restrictions may be an issue in a few seasons time :P

Memphistopheles

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 20, 2013, 03:25:08 AM
What about the  team? How's it looking? They might struggle this season, is there plans to improve the team in the future?

Wow nice resume Ric, hard to compete with that.

Nevertheless after some closer inspection of the team here are my thoughts.

The KL Crocodiles team has a very young feel to it and the list won't be competing for a top 4 spot or a flag anytime in the next two seasons.

I like that and am keen to nurture the young talent available with the long term goal in mind.

Defence:

A lot of the defenders are key position players - Grimes, Davis, Tapscott, Frawley, Trengrove, Pears and May - and so I would look to balance this out in the next trade/draft period with some run and carry defenders, or defenders being groomed for a midfield role in 2014-15.

Midfield:

To me the KL midfield lacks a bit of bite. And this is not just because all of the players are youngsters - I see a lot of hard-working grunt/in and under players developing out of this lot.

Which can be good as these players equate to good tacklers and usually rack up possessions however, there iarea distinct lack of goal-kicking midfielders in this lot which is a big points winner in the Sportsbet game.

Bennell can be, as well as Rich and I'd never underestimate Cotchin but I think this is an area that needs strengthening.

Rucks:
The ruck line may suffer a bit this season with Bellchambers not 100% to start all the Bombers matches as he's competing with Ryder and Hille (and possibly to a lesser extent Daniher). However, there is some good young talent there in Hickey (who I would hope would start this season if Bellchambers misses out), Grundy and Simpson.

I don't rate Graham however should Jacobs break down there's a chance he could get a look-in and could prove me wrong. He also might get some time now that Tippett has left although I see Jenkins and McKernan getting first crack at that spot.

Forwards:
Up forward the Crocodiles have a lot of talent in the small forward line but aside from Hurley and Curran (who's yet to play seniors) they lack power forwards.

In the Sportsbet game a lot of points are gained from Marks and Goals so Power forwards who can 'monster' the opposition can score massively - more so than the small forwards in my opinion.

And, while Hurley might do that somewhat this season his forward line spot is in jeopardy in the future in my eyes as Daniher improves to become their number 1 forward target. So getting in a couple of promising key position prospects to balance out this area would be a priority here. I'd still like to hold on to LeCras, Jetta and Betts though as I rate them all in the top 10 (probably even top 5) small forwards in the competition.

Captains
A no-brainer this season - Cotchin and Gibbs are the standout captain options in this team and it's only a matter of choosing between them every week (Cotchin the preferred choice in most cases).

Should either of these players go down with injury then things start to get a bit more complicated. I would be looking at Lewis Jetta (good tackler, loves a goal and loves to kick instead of handball), Harley Bennell (has shown he can accumulate plenty of possessions but is inconsistent). I might even look at a left-field captain option in Harry Taylor if he's thrown forward as he can kick a goal and racks up the marks.

tbagrocks

Great stuff Mem, really impressed now though Cotchin ::) is a hack :P

I hope your views on Asia are recognised here, a dedicated AXV coach right here

kilbluff1985

team has heaps of potential Bennell is an absolute gun along with Cotchin same with Rich and Coniglio both guns or goung to be guns mids are set

other lines are a worry but the you have the mids to build a team around

and btw memph i'd say Bellchambers has overtaken Hille, Bellchambers will play every game if not injured

elephants

Haha this is like watching the 12th round of a boxing bout in slow motion.

Slowly but surely, Memph and Ric are making cases for themselves to win the AXV head coaching role.

Expect another blow to come from Rico tomorrow morning :P

tbagrocks

What if elephants or Sid were to make a case for the role :o

Nails

I vote Adamant gets the team. He put in a bit of work up there.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 20, 2013, 05:02:46 AM
What if elephants or Sid were to make a case for the role :o

Sid not been online since Jan 21st when i checked a few days ago

plus he has a team in BXV

Colliwobblers

IN FUTURE - if an AXVS team becomes available, I will FIRST consider any ad all existing XVS teamsasians or other assistant coaches that don't own nay other XVS teams.

THIS TIME - I will only accept applications for Ricochet, and to be fair to our own assistant coaches in AXVS - any of them that don't own any otehr XVS teams.

I will give it a day or two more for ant other AXVS assistants wh qualify and are interested to apply. then we will VOTE>

I will put strongly my views on the matter but in the end it will be a majority vote.

IF YOU HAVE A NASSISTANT IN AXVS who might want this job get him/her to apply here ASAP, don't ned to be as thorough or eloquest as our 2 applicants so far just need to apply :)

tho we appreciate the resume and the detailed plans from the two so far.

QUESTIONS FOR MEMPH.

Q. How long have you been involved in XVS teams, as an assistant coach was the assistant coach role at thsi AXVS clud your first or have you been involved with other XVS clubs as an assistant coach before coming recently to th role here ?

Jroo

Quote from: Nails on February 19, 2013, 11:46:11 PM
I'd vote for Memph ahead of pretty much any other coach other than Phasir.

Memph you have been a great and VERY active assistant and were great to talk trades with. You put the "rad" in trade. You weren't a headache to talk trades with like some coaches can be. So I wish you good luck and if you do get voted in I hope you keep it up.
+1, Memp was great during the end of the trade period and I reckon he should be given a go!
Quote from: whatlez on February 20, 2013, 03:38:47 AM
Should of handed the team before the trade period ended...  :-X

Btw, Ric is my reserves coach ;)
I know  >:( was after a few players from the Crocs, but Maca was hardly online, so we could never have got a deal done