AXVS NEW HEAD COACH OF KL CROCODILES IS RICOCHET

Started by Colliwobblers, February 19, 2013, 10:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

on trades i know Ringo in British is going to run another trade period for everyone so that the new team coaches Os/Jukes can make some changes to their team they didn't have the opportunity to do before taking it over.

I am not inclined to allow the same here, I think we have given extra 2 list movemetns already this period and more for everyone would be too much.

I would entertain the idea of allowing ONLY the new coach of the Krocs 4 list movements , but this would allow extra list movements to the teams he decides to trade with over the other teams he doesn't trade with.

that doesn't bother me but it may bother some as it may be seen as an advantage to the teams that do trade with the krocs and therefore get those extra list movements.

the other option is just to allow ONLY the krocs to trade with anyone, not anyone else trade between themselves, but only allow the other teams to not use new list movements ( on trade).

the other option is to just not allow any further trading for the Krocs or anyone.

I will put this to the vote along with the applicants when we have all applicants finalised.

please PM your assistants if they qualify and you think they are interested the sooner we get this voted on the better.

thanks.

Justin Bieber

Hat about trading history? Ric has made some great trades in the past. After Ric writes up what he thinks of the team, maybe both include their trading history.  Might indicate if a player can land a big fish. (Ric managed to get Fyfe, Jelwood and Cyril in Euros)

tbagrocks

The AFL trades for like 10 days a year, coaches come into teams with two oppertunity's with the trade and drafts

sure coaches don't come in february and usually before the list management period but further trades seems exessive

elephants

Quote from: whatlez on February 20, 2013, 01:56:14 PM
Hat about trading history? Ric has made some great trades in the past. After Ric writes up what he thinks of the team, maybe both include their trading history.  Might indicate if a player can land a big fish. (Ric managed to get Fyfe, Jelwood and Cyril in Euros)

Don't forget Birchall, Pavlich and Murphy!

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 20, 2013, 10:30:08 AM
QUESTIONS FOR MEMPH.

Q. How long have you been involved in XVS teams, as an assistant coach was the assistant coach role at this AXVS club your first or have you been involved with other XVS clubs as an assistant coach before coming recently to the role here ?

Fair question Colli.

I'll be completely honest with you - before this pre-season I had not heard of the XVs competitions so I was not involved. I usually just come to FanFooty purely to talk about Dream Team  and for the weekend scores.

However, this season as I was contemplating playing some Ultimate Footy Leagues so I drifted into the Other Competitions forum and subsequently into the XVs forum.

I assure you had I known about the XVs competitions earlier I would jumped at the chance to get on board as I love the concept especially the drafting and trading part :D

My first post was in the How Do I Get Involved Thread and after stating I would like to be involved in an assistant capacity (best to try something first to see if it's for you in my opinion) I received the offer to help KoopKicka.

The assistant role at the Eskimos was the first position I took on however, not long after JBs-Hawks offered me a job as an assistant at the English Lions (Euros) as well.

There hasn't been a trade period in the Euros since I have joined so I've been a lot more active in the Asians thread than the Euros so far.

*With regards to the trading for the Crocs - while it would be fun to be able to trade before this season starts and I think the on-trading only rule could work I would be supportive of no further trading for the Crocs.

The reason is because of the team's youth. If I was involved in the trading period I would only be trading to increase the youthful balance of our team (outlined in my previous post), not really to boost the starting XV for this season which is something that can wait until next year/trade period.

It might be different if this team had a mix of old and young players and was in a possible position to challenge for the top four or the flag but at the the moment the Crocodiles are willing to be patient and lie in wait for their prey.

*The only trading history I have is helping get deals done with KoopKicka for the Eskimos (I know you're not going to vote for me now whatlez :P)

Memphistopheles

Just had my first Ultimate Footy draft last night. Obviously this is different from the XVs competitions as you only draft 25 players and there was only 12 coaches in the comp but thought I'd post it to give you an idea of my drafting ability/potential.

I wish I had this team to work with the Asians this season - looks amazing :P

I'm quite confident I'll do well in UF although it is category based scoring.

Back: Broughton, Hurley, Hanley, McPharlin, Pedersen

Mids: Swan, Fyfe, N Jones, Gaff, Ziebell

Ruck: Minson

Fwds: Roughead, J Riewoldt, J J Kennedy, Milne, Lynch

Utils: Sewell, Foley

Bench: B Jacobs, Jenkins, Broadbent, Cunnington, Siposs, Matera, Yarran.

tbagrocks

But you can't pick a starting team :P  move Jacobs and Jenkins onto the field

Ricochet

Memphistopheles

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 20, 2013, 03:26:56 PM

Sorry you've lost me tbag.

Our league settings are 5-5-1-5-2 (Only five backs and forwards) so this team works fine.

GM

Quote from: Memphistopheles on February 20, 2013, 03:38:20 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on February 20, 2013, 03:26:56 PM

Sorry you've lost me tbag.

Our league settings are 5-5-1-5-2 (Only five backs and forwards) so this team works fine.
I think he is saying his choices should be in your team,mate.
But thats his opinion,not yours.

Toga

Both of these guys make a strong case for the job, and I am supportive of both coaches to become head coach.

Memph has been great this past two weeks in the trade period, was very active and reasonable in the way he trades (except for valentine's day ::) ;) ). Think he would be a fantastic addition to the head coach's panel in this competition, as I feel he has a lot to add to the competition.

Ricochet has also been a fantastic member of the XV's community. I became Assistant Coach of the Sands in WXV at the same time as him, and in literally a day he had written up a full team analysis, and scouted multiple trades we could do to improve the squad - and eventually got one through, which has significantly improved the team. I often have asked ric advice on players that I may have/be trading for in AXV's and he has always given a quality answer, and is just so knowledgeable about the game.

Good luck to both these guys, whatever the outcome, I will be happy. Both Ric and Memph make great cases for themselves, and have proven to me that they are more than worthy of a head coach role in this competition.

*I have also encouraged my assistant coach SydneyRox to put forwards an application, which I hope he will do soon enough.

Justin Bieber

People don't get that Ric is a part of my Asian team. So he actually able to go for a position without having special rules for him.

tbagrocks

Quote from: whatlez on February 20, 2013, 03:46:31 PM
People don't get that Ric is a part of my Asian team. So he actually able to go for a position without having special rules for him.
Who isn't :o

Justin Bieber

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 20, 2013, 03:57:18 PM
Quote from: whatlez on February 20, 2013, 03:46:31 PM
Who isn't :o
You.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 20, 2013, 05:02:46 AM
What if elephants or Sid were to make a case for the role :o

elephants doesnt qualify he owns other XVS teams doesn't he? so does Sid?