Suggestion for a new category for posting in the DT area...

Started by AFL Babble, February 18, 2013, 03:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFL Babble

I have always been a mid-priced fan. Therefore my teams and thoughts on players haven't been very well received on this site in the past. Fair enough, trade limitations didn't favour that style of play, but I think that has changed with the introduction of two-a-week.

My request, desire and need is for an area that is designated towards rational discussion about the validity of mid-priced teams and players. It is not possible to get feedback in the current sections without bias towards G and R. I copped that in the past, but I think the landscape will change this year.

Keen to hear your thoughts Dream Teamers...

Ziplock

haha, I'm completely with you, I love my mid pricers.

obviously you get more bang for your buck if you nail the choices, premiums like scotland etc. aren't going to increase in points, but if you pick the right midpricers..

With the new changes to trading and the midfield structure, I see it as more relevant this year. But, as I said, you reallllly need to nail it. I don't have the gonads to go a full mid priced team, and tbh, having a team that is a majority midpricers is pretty ill advised.

At the moment I'm running with about 10ish, depending on your definition of a midpricer though. 

Mr.Craig

Quote from: AFL Babble on February 18, 2013, 03:24:44 PM
I have always been a mid-priced fan. Therefore my teams and thoughts on players haven't been very well received on this site in the past. Fair enough, trade limitations didn't favour that style of play, but I think that has changed with the introduction of two-a-week.

My request, desire and need is for an area that is designated towards rational discussion about the validity of mid-priced teams and players. It is not possible to get feedback in the current sections without bias towards G and R. I copped that in the past, but I think the landscape will change this year.

Keen to hear your thoughts Dream Teamers...

I can see where you're coming from but there's no hiding from criticism in a forum such as this. A "Mid Priced" section would just be a flashing beacon for those critical of such a strategy and they will quite happily troll the participants.

I don't think it's as big of an issue as you're making it out to be anyway. Sure, in RMDT you'll get plenty of people trying to steer you away from mid-pricers (sometimes for very valid reasons) but Players and Trades is filled with many informative and lively threads about mid-priced prospects. I've started more than a few myself.

Just because someone disagrees with the rationale behind you selecting a particular player doesn't necessarily mean they are dismissing your entire structure. And if they are then screw them, go with your gut instinct and hopefully prove them wrong.

I'm sorry that you feel like your voice isn't being heard but if you truly believe in the wisdom of picking a certain player then present the facts, back it up with stats and articles if available and you'll soon find people with the same opinion who are willing to champion your point of view. :)