Excel SuperCoach Selector 2013!

Started by Purple 77, February 14, 2013, 09:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Hey FF SuperCoach community!

Some of you may remember last year, I made an excel system that can help pick your SuperCoach team. With it, you can keep track of your spending and have just a general fiddle in trying to make that winning formula. Like I said, its an excel system..... meaning you can take it to school/work and it actually looks like your working! Possibly the best part about it lol.

Now, the possible errors.....

SuperCoach has made it harder for me to copy and paste the information I want, so I had to manually put in most of the data, so an error here and there is likely. The errors to look for should be fairly minor, such as Sam Mayes being labelled a Geelong player or any wrong team associated with a player. No real problem there. Same goes with games played, averages and total points as they may also be wrong/associated with the wrong player, as I also had to type that in manually (nearly cost me my sanity). But all in all, I can confidently say that it is 95% accurate. Who knows? It may be 100%. So if you come across any errors, please post it here so everyone else can fix it :)

How to use....
There are 4 tabs; Backs, Centres, Rucks and Forwards.
In each tab, whenever you want to select a player, simply put a "1" in the SELECT column. Common mistakes are people making a selection outside of the select column into a cell that has an "invisible" IF function, so when they delete their wrongfully inputted selection and put it into the select column, the selection or something else won't register.

Also, you will notice that when you select a player in a position, every other cell in the corresponding position list also fills up with that player name. So don't panic if that happens, its just easier for me for that to happen lol. When you make more selections, the player names will fill up those spots that were copies of another player in that list (I know, the sentence doesn't make to much sense lol)

I think thats all..... oh wait! The spreadsheets...

A thank you should go to ossie85, as I am using his website to host these spreadsheets so they can be downloaded.

SC Selector (2003 Compatible)

SC Selector

If any questions, please ask me or if any errors found, also let us know  :)

Cheers guys!

ossie85

I find these easier to sort your team out :)

My Chumps

Awesome work Purps! I'll be sure to use it  8)

Ringo

Just a slight adjustment is it also possible to add a column for bye rounds.

Purple 77

Quote from: Ringo on February 14, 2013, 11:39:09 PM
Just a slight adjustment is it also possible to add a column for bye rounds.

I can if you like! Will be done either tonight or on Sunday. Will let you guys know :)

Thanks MC :)

Purple 77

Ok, as per Ringo's request, the byes are now added in :)

Again, let me know if there is any problems etc.

Purple 77

Just out of interest, what is the download count os? Think we reached 360 last year?

ossie85

Purple 77

Oh nice! Was only expecting 50 at this stage lol

ossie85

Purple 77

Quote from: ossie85 on March 16, 2013, 07:48:21 AM

371 downloads Purple

Oh awesome! I think we have surpassed last years download count now  :D

FisherSaints

Purple 77

Quote from: FisherSaints on March 16, 2013, 04:25:59 PM
Looks really good Purp

Thanks FS! Oh, and by the way, I just found a mistake today about the spreadsheet, that surprisingly no one has picked up on.

In the Ruck averages, I have the formula wrong, so apologies for that. But it can't be to big of a deal if 370+ downloads hasn't said anything about it.

To fix this, simply enter (for one row containing one player);

="The Total Score cell" / "The Games Played Cell

And copy and paste down the column

mabo

Thank you for posting this Purps  :)

benjy251090

When is next years one coming out, looking forward to next year already :P